Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #3,121 of 5,780
Hi @Audeze and @KMann

I have a few questions regarding the Mobius:

- How is the depth in the new pads compared to the originals? The original pads are just barely deep enough for my ears, but my ears still touch the inside of the headphone causing mild discomfort. If the new pads are deeper than the originals I will certainly consider buying them.

- Any plans to bring the upgraded pads to the EU, specifically the Netherlands? Expensive shipping and import tax prevent me from buying them at the moment.

- What are the conditions for getting a battery replacement under warranty? Total battery failure? Some amount of capacity lost? How would you determine whether or not you're eligible for replacement?

And lastly as a bonus, I contacted support a while ago regarding a bug in the Mobius firmware, including detailed steps to reproduce the problem. My messages were reportedly sent over to the engineering team and I would hear back once support got a reply. It's since been more than 2 months since the last message. 2 weeks after the initial report I asked if there was any progress, and reportedly support had not heard back from the engineering team. Could you investigate as to what's going on here? Has the engineering team been able to reproduce the issue? Have the messages somehow gone unnoticed? I would love to get a status report on this. I will provide the support ticket number and any other details upon request if needed.

Thank you for your time.
Sometimes support tickets sent to Engineering can fall through the crack if we are on vaction or otherwise busy, it is rare but it happens. Please PM me your issue alng with the ticket number.

Regarding details on the earpads, I will let @Audeze respond.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #3,123 of 5,780
How's about the battery life. This is the fact that avoids me from buying it: It only runs with a battery.
I miss a completely passive mode, where it's working with common audio cable.
Maybe the name of my new baby will be "Hifiman Sundara" instead of. BT can be done otherwise and the I have AptX-HD, I miss with the Mobius.
The only goodie would be the head tracking. Is it worthy for listening music?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #3,124 of 5,780
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #3,125 of 5,780
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #3,126 of 5,780
How's about the battery life. This i the fact that avoids me from buying it: It only runs with a battery.
I miss a completely passive mode, where it's working with common audio cable.
Maybe the name of my new baby will be "Hifiman Sundara" instead of. BT can be done otherwise and the I have AptX-HD, I miss with the Mobius.
The only goodie would be the head tracking. Is it worthy for listening music?

For music listening it is astonishingly solid. Even better than my Master and Dynamic MH40's.

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,128 of 5,780
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #3,129 of 5,780
You can turn off USB charging on the Mobius by long pressing the volume wheel. This makes it run off the internal battery rather than charging from your phone.
Correct, except for that it always runs off the internal battery.

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,130 of 5,780
I plan to order the cable from Master and Dynamic today and report back when I get the results. It is going to be interesting using a non-Audeze cable on my awesome headset... hopefully Master and Dynamic won't be too unhappy LoL.

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #3,131 of 5,780
I plan to order the cable from Master and Dynamic today and report back when I get the results. It is going to be interesting using a non-Audeze cable on my awesome headset... hopefully Master and Dynamic won't be too unhappy LoL.

I wouldn't bother with the cable, just turn charging off by long pressing the volume wheel as described above.

The cable will convert the digital signal to analogue, the Mobius will then convert that back to digital.

If you have the cash to splash them it could be an interesting experiment. Have you heard good things about this particular DAC/cable?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #3,132 of 5,780
I wouldn't bother with the cable, just turn charging off by long pressing the volume wheel as described above.

The cable will convert the digital signal to analogue, the Mobius will then convert that back to digital.

If you have the cash to splash them it could be an interesting experiment. Have you heard good things about this particular cable?

It has a built-in volume control as well as an internal DAC. I have heard nothing about this cable at all until I found it accidentally earlier this morning and it looks to be interesting to use with the Mobius... the conversion from digital -> analog -> digital will be odd but for me my goal is to increase the output from my Note 9 to the headphones. Later on this week I will the LCD-2CB's for comparison and I suspect that will be a lot more detailed than what I can pump out from the Mobius.

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #3,134 of 5,780
More than the USB cable alone?

I suspect so but I won't know until I get the actual cable in hand. The M and D cable is the only one I can find on the market but originally I suspect the cables were designed for their Bluetooth headphones the MW-60's. They also have a Lightning connector version but I don't have an iPhone which I use presently. I saw the term DAC so I suspect that it will help with volume output from my Note 9.

Interestingly enough, Audeze sells cable/DAC/Lightning cables for their EL-8's (which are discontinued). Apparently Audeze doesn't have anything corresponding to that option with the new Mobius so the M and D cable will have to do if it works.

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #3,135 of 5,780
I suspect so but I won't know until I get the actual cable in hand. The M and D cable is the only one I can find on the market but originally I suspect the cables were designed for their Bluetooth headphones the MW-60's. They also have a Lightning connector version but I don't have an iPhone which I use presently. I saw the term DAC so I suspect that it will help with volume output from my Note 9.

Interestingly enough, Audeze sells cable/DAC/Lightning cables for their EL-8's (which are discontinued). Apparently Audeze doesn't have anything corresponding to that option with the new Mobius so the M and D cable will have to do if it works.
I am not sure what the goal is here. Aux input for Mobius is meant for line-level input not for an output from an amp. Putting out large voltages could potentialy damage the Mobius and so we have already voltage limited the Aux input. So even if the DAC/amp you have is capable of putting out a larger output, aux input will still limit it. Also the conversion from Digital to analog by the DAC you have chosen chained with the Analog ->digital-> Analog conversion within Mobius will only degrade the SQ further. My advice is to use the USB output of Note, set to max volume and adjust Mobius volume to where it is safe for you to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back