Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #2,236 of 5,780
Dolby Dimension is underwhelming and overpriced by $300. Although, the touch controls and magnetized wireless charging are pretty cool.

Mobius has it beat in every single way. Dolby didn’t bring a single new innovation to the market. As far as I’ve found Dolby’s headphones can’t even be used with a wire, only Bluetooth AAC or aptX. So over Bluetooth with a 2.1 source Mobius should provide an experience as good or better, and significantly better virtualization via USB. Dolby had the ability to bring a new wireless standard to the market but instead made a pretty average Bluetooth headphone with head-tracking. None of the reviews I’ve seen compared it to Mobius, but if the reviewers had listened to that I’m sure they would have been less impressed with Dolby’s offering.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #2,237 of 5,780
Is the Mobius on the same SQ level as the discontinued EL-8?

Kind of but not really... the EL-8 is aluminum and open back and just a headphone. The Mobius is plastic and closed back and self powered. I'd say the EL8 probably has lower distortion too. But the Mobius has a similar sound, similar driver, detailed and resolving with great sub bass extension, the EL8 is just better.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #2,242 of 5,780
Does the mobius have better sound when wired? (Aux,3d off,stereo and music from tidal)

The best sound from the Mobius will be with usb or ldac bluetooth.

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #2,243 of 5,780
Does the mobius have better sound when wired? (Aux,3d off,stereo and music from tidal)
I'd say AUX is the worst connection of all the ways to connect to it.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #2,244 of 5,780
I seriously love these headphones; even Bluetooth only from my iPhone via AAC. It’s great that it should sound better over LDAC, but I’m very impressed with AAC.

I also can’t wait for the Warm EQ setting personally. I had been half looking into more commute-friendly Bluetooth headphones for my walk and train but honestly even if these are bit bulkier than others I makes no sense for me to use other headphones when these sound so good.

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,246 of 5,780
How is the sound leak in these? I need a little leak as possible. I have is, but sometimes I need over early cans to give my ear canal a break
It isn't bad if you listen at lower volumes, but at higher volumes the sound will leak out a bit.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #2,247 of 5,780
Ended up selling my Mobius to a good buddy of mine, as the upper treble was way too harsh for me to be able to keep them in the end, even with the new warm mode. He's quite happy with them.

Was glad I went in on the Indiegogo regardless. I may not have been able to keep them, but I was able to get a buddy of mine a nice pair of headphones for an awesome price! :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,248 of 5,780
My Mobius came in today!! I’m super excited to try them out but I have a soccer game so it will have to wait. I’m charging them while I’m gone and I have a question.

When I plug the Mobius in for charging, the red light turns on like it’s supposed to, but then it turns off in less than a minute. Is this supposed to happen or is the red light supposed to be on during the entire charging process? Please say this is normal.

One other question. When I turned them on and plugged them in to AUX while charging, they were extremely quiet. Could this be a side effect of low charge or is this what the headphones sound like?

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #2,249 of 5,780
My Mobius came in today!! I’m super excited to try them out but I have a soccer game so it will have to wait. I’m charging them while I’m gone and I have a question.

When I plug the Mobius in for charging, the red light turns on like it’s supposed to, but then it turns off in less than a minute. Is this supposed to happen or is the red light supposed to be on during the entire charging process? Please say this is normal.

One other question. When I turned them on and plugged them in to AUX while charging, they were extremely quiet. Could this be a side effect of low charge or is this what the headphones sound like?
The red light always turns off for me when they're finished charging. As for how quiet they are.. Mine are pretty loud. Turn the volume up on the headphones. There are 2 volume wheels. One for the mic and one for the volume of the headphone. The mic volume wheel is just behind the aux connection/cord and the volume for the headphone is right behind that. Then try turning up the volume of your source to adjust to your preferred sound level.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,250 of 5,780
So I've had these headphones for as short as a month and I'm experiencing some pretty major issues.

1. The 7.1 Surround Sound Audio channel sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday I had to switch it to 2CH-HiRes Audio.
2. The headset charging is very sensitive. This could be the headset or the cable itself, but sometimes my headphones won't charge.

It's quite alarming to have these problems this early into my purchase, and I paid full price for these things...
Ever since I've had these headphones, it felt like an early product by having to troubleshoot all the little issues it has. I've requested to send these to Audeze for repair, and now i'm waiting for a response... but I really wish I did not buy it. $400 is not cheap.
There are headsets 300$ cheaper that are built to last for at least 2 - 3 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back