Audeze LCD2 vs AKG K1000??
Jun 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 38
also interested

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 38
These LCD-2 vs. (x) threads are getting pretty ridiculous considering that only about 10 people on head-fi have them right now and are all gushing over them.  On top of that I doubt more than one or two people have both a K1000 and an LCD-2 at hand.  Are you seriously expecting to get a honest opinions with these threads?  We all get it, the LCD-2 is great, wait patiently until you receive your own and experience what all the fuss is about.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 38
x2 on the above post. Also, the two are completely different headphones and the K1000 has certain amp requirements that add to the complication.

While it's ok to want to ask questions, ones like these have a self-answering pointlessness for those who know even a little about the K1000 - it's pointless to try to compare two headphones that can't optimally run out of the same amp (so that all other components in the chain can be isolated).

One could certainly try to compare the LCD-2 on its own optimal amp versus the K1000 on just one of the optimal amps for that (and there are at least several) but what would that really answer conclusively for anyone other than one person's sonic perception & subjectivity?

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 38

Quote:
x2 on the above post. Also, the two are completely different headphones and the K1000 has certain amp requirements that add to the complication.

While it's ok to want to ask questions, ones like these have a self-answering pointlessness for those who know even a little about the K1000 - it's pointless to try to compare two headphones that can't optimally run out of the same amp (so that all other components in the chain can be isolated).

One could certainly try to compare the LCD-2 on its own optimal amp versus the K1000 on just one of the optimal amps for that (and there are at least several) but what would that really answer conclusively for anyone other than one person's sonic perception & subjectivity?

Anyway they're both great headphone - I'm sure we'd all be happy with either of them when properly amped.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 38
Jun 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 38

Quote:

Ya, good!  What is there to say that hasn't already been said?  The K1000s were state of the art for many years.  I'm afraid their day has come and gone for me.  I still have them, but driver technology, as good as it was almost 30 years ago, is not as good or capable as the best of today's planar magnetics.  The LCD-2s are easier to drive, have better low end, mids, and high end response.  The LCD-2 drivers are much lower moving mass and larger diaphragms.  Modulation distortion is far lower, etc.  One could go on and on...  The K1k were great in their day, but their day is over, IMHO.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 38
Interesting. So many are still in awe or enamored of the K1000.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 38
They are still good headphones, er, headspeakers!!

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 38
I'm skeptical.  Tell me the LCD-2 are surprisingly good and I'll believe that.  Tell me they beat the bejesus out of the K1000 and I'm thinking, "I remember MY first beer."

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 38

Quote:
I'm skeptical.  Tell me the LCD-2 are surprisingly good and I'll believe that.  Tell me they beat the bejesus out of the K1000 and I'm thinking, "I remember MY first beer."

Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement.  You'll need to translate for us old fogies.

Regardless, you need to hear them for yourself.  Don't take anyone else's word for anything....  I suspect you already know this.  
atsmile.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #15 of 38

Quote:
Ya, good!  What is there to say that hasn't already been said?  The K1000s were state of the art for many years.  I'm afraid their day has come and gone for me.  I still have them, but driver technology, as good as it was almost 30 years ago, is not as good or capable as the best of today's planar magnetics.  The LCD-2s are easier to drive, have better low end, mids, and high end response.  The LCD-2 drivers are much lower moving mass and larger diaphragms.  Modulation distortion is far lower, etc.  One could go on and on...  The K1k were great in their day, but their day is over, IMHO.

Quote:: The K1k were great in their day, but their day is over, IMHO.

You could say the same about some who own them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back