Audeze LCD-X
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #10,892 of 12,748
I am sure you will like the 4z. I have never heard it myself, but I have heard really good .things about it, especially from @MacedonianHero and @commtrd who actually owns both the X and Z. Both favor the Z over the X. I think the Z is also the way to go if you're looking for a lighter, and easier to drive Audeze Flagship at the moment. Without having heard it myself, everything I know about the Audeze flagship series seem to indicate that you will like. Of course, the final test site will be your own ears.:)

4z is just tits. Get that.
X is pretty awesome too. Costs less. 4z rocks. NSF get the X. Proper capitalization, get the 4z. Buy once cry once done. =)

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #10,894 of 12,748
I don't think anyone has mentioned a preference to the 2C over the LCD4, on the contrary.
The improvements however are questionable for the price difference.
OK well I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. IMHO any of the -4- series of LCD headphones are CLEARLY superior to LCD2c. However that is the beauty of this passion, anyone can (and will) think what they want and hear. It's all good. Having owned and spent a few thousand hours back in the day listening to LCD2c, there is zero doubt in my mind that ANY of the LCD4 including i4 are really substantially improved from 2c. I will add that I REALLY wish I had kept my LCD3c pre-fazor though. Stupid move getting rid of those, even if it was to get the X which I really consider to be better than the 3c. BUT those phones were just really perfect for some of the genres I listen to. At the time I was a lot more into metal and rock, and well there are not many headphones that hit harder/faster/cleaner etc than the X. That bass! Yall know the story. Well fast forward to now, and i seem to be mellowing out a bit (hard to believe i know) as i just turned 60 yesterday.

Sorry for the ramble on, just really love talking about headphones and music. I do believe it is critical to not allow cost bias or peer pressure to dictate equipment preference.

Flame suit on so come on with it.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #10,895 of 12,748
OK well I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. IMHO any of the -4- series of LCD headphones are CLEARLY superior to LCD2c. However that is the beauty of this passion, anyone can (and will) think what they want and hear. It's all good. Having owned and spent a few thousand hours back in the day listening to LCD2c, there is zero doubt in my mind that ANY of the LCD4 including i4 are really substantially improved from 2c. I will add that I REALLY wish I had kept my LCD3c pre-fazor though. Stupid move getting rid of those, even if it was to get the X which I really consider to be better than the 3c. BUT those phones were just really perfect for some of the genres I listen to. At the time I was a lot more into metal and rock, and well there are not many headphones that hit harder/faster/cleaner etc than the X. That bass! Yall know the story. Well fast forward to now, and i seem to be mellowing out a bit (hard to believe i know) as i just turned 60 yesterday.

Sorry for the ramble on, just really love talking about headphones and music. I do believe it is critical to not allow cost bias or peer pressure to dictate equipment preference.

Flame suit on so come on with it.
We all love to talk about headphones, that's why we are here. :wink:

Never heard the i4, but the LCD4 is clearly superior to the 2C.
I would possibly pay twice the price of the 2C for them, but for $3200 more that's a definite no.

Anyway, as we all know this hobby is highly personal. Preference depends on budget, music genre, sonic preferences, ear canal shape, whatsoever.

What keeps us here is the love for music, love for headphones, love for high quality music reproduction. And these forums are the only places where we can actually meet others who truly understand this affection. :)

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #10,897 of 12,748
Affliction?
ROTFL. :L3000:
I am glad I gave you some moments of fun. English is not my first language.

According to Wikipedia 'affection' is "a gentle feeling of fondness or liking". Which is exactly what I was meant to say.
I am using a hint of sarcasm on purpose in many of my comments.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #10,898 of 12,748
I absolutely love the look of the 4Z, I think those are probably the most appealing headphones I have ever seen. I find it appealing and beautiful in its retro colours.

After comparing the LCD4 and the Empyrean though I think my 'end-game preference' has changed. The LCD4 is better than my preferred LCD2C.
I prefer the LCD2C to all othe LCDs I have tried and to a lot of other headphones as well like the Focal Clears for example.

To my ears the Empyrean destroyed and humiliated the LCD4 in every possible way. My current endgame headphones would be the Empyrean if I could afford them.
"Shiny new toys" are inviting. Thanks for the comparison and thoughts.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #10,899 of 12,748

According to Wikipedia 'affection' is "a gentle feeling of fondness or liking". Which is exactly what I was meant to say.

I like "affliction" better. It explains the angst we experience of owning a product and any of it's potential shortcomings and longing for the next one.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #10,900 of 12,748
How does the LCD-3 compare the LCD-X? I've been advised that the 3 would be a technical improvement over the X, but I remain skeptical. Thoughts?
Before buying the X I auditioned the it and the 3 side by side. To my ear they were the basically the same breed, but a different flavor. That is to say, I didn't hear any kind of difference in fidelity or quality in the 3 over the X. The price seemed to be in the different materials used.

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #10,901 of 12,748

I knew the intent. But sometimes "affliction" might be more appropriate I think. Read many of the tortured machinations in these threads and it seems like it is not enjoyable at all for some. So worried about every little nuance instead of just chill and enjoy the music...

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #10,903 of 12,748
Apr 12, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #10,904 of 12,748
Math facts :

2 + 2 = Fish (not 4)

6SmN0.gif

But

4 x i4 = 3 Afflictions, and they all go by the name of Audeze.

images
images

So many afflictions... and I am loving minute of it...:)

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #10,905 of 12,748
So, did any of you make your own Balanced Cable? Any recomendations of a good cable i can pick up on Ebay for a DIY? I do have a copper cable from Custom Cans, but i also want a silver one, and id rather save some cash on a DIY project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back