Audeze LCD-X
Nov 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #5,386 of 12,748
Hi! So I have auditioned the LCD-2F before and really enjoyed it. I'm now at the point where I could buy the LCD-2F and have $600-$800 leftover for an amp. My question is, would that be a better solution than the LCD-X with a Schiit Asgard? 

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #5,387 of 12,748
  Hi! So I have auditioned the LCD-2F before and really enjoyed it. I'm now at the point where I could buy the LCD-2F and have $600-$800 leftover for an amp. My question is, would that be a better solution than the LCD-X with a Schiit Asgard? 

Not better solution.  I had the LCD-2 fazor and now the LCD-X.   To me its not really close.  X all the way.    However I am not slamming the lcd-2 as its a very good headphone.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #5,388 of 12,748
I faced the LCD-X vs. LCD-2F dilemma a few months ago when I decided to re-enter the world of Audeze. Ultimately, my adherence to the old audiophile belief in spending as much of your money on transducers as possible led me to go with the X.

Of course, I later "found" the money for a Ragnarok as well, but that's a different subject. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #5,389 of 12,748

If that will your only headphone, go for the X.
If you already have other neutral-sounding cans, can go for the 2 for the coloured sound signature

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #5,393 of 12,748
I've been having a lot of fun with this Dolby Atmos audio on the new Kindle Fire HDX (the bigger version)...with my Grados it blew me away, but with the LCD-X it takes it to a whole other level. The sound of this tablet without any amplification is just ridiculous. I've never heard such naturally accurate imaging before. I've been praising the Xs imaging since I got them, so that's prob a big reason why I'm even more impressed when using them with the Kindle. I really didn't know what to expect with this since Atmos processing was designed for lots of speakers, but it's damn good. 

Also have had a lot of fun using the ZO FS amp with the Xs...just another reason why I love that the Xs are so much easier to drive than other planars. Gives much more flexibility in terms of playing around with gadgets. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #5,394 of 12,748

The LCD-3F and LCD-X don’t really sound the same to me and I sceptic to that the LCD-2F will share the same sound sig the X has. I haven’t heard the LCD 2F only the LCD 2C, LCD 3C, LCD 3F and LCD X. My point is, as always, that you should demo to see which character you like the most, if possible.

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #5,395 of 12,748

The LCD-3F and LCD-X don’t really sound the same to me and I sceptic to that the LCD-2F will share the same sound sig the X has. I haven’t heard the LCD 2F only the LCD 2C, LCD 3C, LCD 3F and LCD X. My point is, as always, that you should demo to see which character you like the most, if possible.

hi

i think lcd 2f share the same sound sig the 3f has :) of course 3f is better in anything than 2f :)
but still, for me they both have the similar sound signature

what is lcd 2c? 3c?

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #5,396 of 12,748
  hi

i think lcd 2f share the same sound sig the 3f has :) of course 3f is better in anything than 2f :)
but still, for me they both have the similar sound signature

what is lcd 2c? 3c?

2/3F is with fazor and 2/3C for classic as no fazor.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #5,397 of 12,748

For me they are my favourite dynamic/ortho dynamic pair of headphones. They are simply that magical and I still smile every time I listen to them!

Just got my LCD-X today and... well, I am smiling.
cool.gif

Breaking them in with the new Wilson remix of Relayer. Whoa.

How is the Wilson Relayer?  Hoping to get the X's this year!  3's were going to be it but..............

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #5,398 of 12,748
I really enjoy Wilson's Relayer remix. The additional detail it unlocks is astonishing. The 5.1 mix is pretty good, but I find myself listening most often to the stereo re-mix via LCD-X.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #5,399 of 12,748

Although it's just a bit above your budget, I think the Woo Audio WA7 is a good choice with these cans.  I had the combo for a while and it was awesome.  Woo amps are on sale for this week, putting the WA7 at $900 and free shipping.

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #5,400 of 12,748
  About how much should I expect to be paying for a secondhand LCD-X?

I bought one here with a quite expensive  Oyaide cable for $1400 including shipping and PayPal costs.

Other subject: I saw people here mentioning the Sennheiser IE800. A friend of mine who works every day with all sorts of professional in-ear headphones calls this model absolutely rubbish; he says it has a very muddy bass and doesn't have the foggiest idea why these are so expensive. There are cheaper in-ears that sound far better.
(His opinion of course; I myself don't have any experience with decent in-ears.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back