Audeze LCD-X
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #5,374 of 12,748
  i was thinking maybe JH13... but its not an universal one hahahaha
IE800 sennheiser?

Yeh I agree with the similarities between JH13 and LCD X. Of the IEMs that I have experienced, JH13 reminded me most of the LCD X: mostly neutral with a touch of warmth. But I'm not really keen to go the custom route again due to various reasons. 

I'll try to give the IE800 an audition. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #5,375 of 12,748
  Anybody know of a universal IEM that has a similar sound sig to the X? 

I'd say the Noble 6 is definitely in the ball park. It has a neutral balanced signature, good detail, and great instrument separation and air. The SE-846 is also worth auditioning. Although its signature is distinct from the LCD-X, I think it's top notch and shares some of the LCD-X's strengths--in soundstage, resolution, and fast dynamics.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #5,377 of 12,748

Yeh I agree with the similarities between JH13 and LCD X. Of the IEMs that I have experienced, JH13 reminded me most of the LCD X: mostly neutral with a touch of warmth. But I'm not really keen to go the custom route again due to various reasons. 

I'll try to give the IE800 an audition. Thanks for the suggestion!

but ie800 is not as warm *little dark* as lcd x :)
and vocal is not as nice as lcd x

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #5,378 of 12,748
  but ie800 is not as warm *little dark* as lcd x :)
and vocal is not as nice as lcd x

frown.gif

Looks like I might have to give CIEMs another go then.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #5,380 of 12,748

frown.gif

Looks like I might have to give CIEMs another go then.

yup,

i think jh13pro is quite similar to lcd x, and maybe more fun for daily use or portable user
not critical user because when you use ciem, the environment might hard to do critical listening

but lcd x you can use it for critical listening because the environment while using it might help (i assume you using lcd x in a quite place, not like while using jh13, you will use it everywhere even in a noise place)

the important point is, they have a similar "color"

sorry for my bad english :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #5,381 of 12,748
  yup,

i think jh13pro is quite similar to lcd x, and maybe more fun for daily use or portable user
not critical user because when you use ciem, the environment might hard to do critical listening

but lcd x you can use it for critical listening because the environment while using it might help (i assume you using lcd x in a quite place, not like while using jh13, you will use it everywhere even in a noise place)

the important point is, they have a similar "color"

sorry for my bad english :)

Your English is fine my friend
smily_headphones1.gif
 Thanks very much for your advice. I will consider giving JH13 another go.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #5,382 of 12,748
I did not hear LCDX yet. But if LCD2 is a little similar to LCDX then JH13 can not be similar to Audeze. In my opinion Westone iems is similar to Audeze, sound is also pretty alive (instruments, vocals..) with tight bass and great mids and overall versatile. I had um3x,W4 and higher models will be even better.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #5,383 of 12,748

Awesome! How is it!?

I'm not too sure if I like it or not.

Because my ears are very sensitive lately, I can't turn the volume up really high, and feeling the bass in my back at low volume is a bit weird. Also ONLY feeling it in the back doesn't feel too natural either, and I think the Subpac is too flat; it should be either a bit flexible or more shaped to the body to let it feel a bit more realistic. I think it should also support the sides of your back  (a bit like a sport seat of a car) and also let the bass be felt there.

With SOME songs I absolutely do love it, but with others it actually can be a bit irritating, like when the music is very complex but there is a very simple monotonous beat under it that you otherwise barely notice.
Also when just having some background music without really listening to it, it can be a bit distracting when you're really focussed on something else (like Photoshop or something).
Still, I have only tried it out yet one single evening, so perhaps I just need to get a bit used to it.

When using my speakers (which have 30cm/1ft 200watt active woofers) I like the Subpac better than with the headphones, since the low rumbling bass of those speakers already can be felt, so it's much more realsitic as an addition to them than to the headphones.

When (or perhaps I should say IF)  the buzzing and ringing in my ears stops in a few days, I will try it out with my LCD-X on a normal volume. I am sure I will like it much better then.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #5,385 of 12,748
  I did not hear LCDX yet. But if LCD2 is a little similar to LCDX then JH13 can not be similar to Audeze. In my opinion Westone iems is similar to Audeze, sound is also pretty alive (instruments, vocals..) with tight bass and great mids and overall versatile. I had um3x,W4 and higher models will be even better.

hi there

for me, i dont think that lcd 2F and lcd X is very similar... yes at some points they have the same color... but the difference is much enough...
yes, westone iems (and also earsonics) are similar to lcd2f and even lcd 3... but not lcd x (for me)
i had sm3 (quite similar with um3x) and heard w4 also w4r and also heard higher models of westone :) yes they at certain point are similar with lcd 2, but not lcd x

i have both lcd x and lcd 2f... (even i brought twice lcd2... i sold the old lcd 2.2 and brought the new lcd 2 fazor) hahahhaa thats how much i love audeze sound signature

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back