Audeze LCD-X
Feb 17, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #3,107 of 12,748
I agree, as well. I have noticed a significant difference going from my two Meier amps to my Little Dot, to my iPhone/iPod. The Xs definitely have a high degree of transparency and allow for evaluation of upstream gear. 

I still can't get over the detail and imaging, though...I've now had four or five different movies/shows where there was a scene with multiple people gathered together for a meeting/presentation of some kind. Each and every time the main dialogue has been perfectly front and center and intelligible, and then you have all sorts of other voices and conversations literally surrounding you. They are placed in space perfectly by the Xs and they provide a sense of literally being among the group with an uncanny realism that I've never heard before. The first time it happened (as I mentioned earlier in the thread) was with the film "Rush", but it's now happened several different times, so I know it's the headphones. 

I really get excited by small details like this, and in this case it's just incredibly impressive. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #3,108 of 12,748
Oh good. I'm not the only one who thinks that!!

I also find it interesting how some people are saying the Burson Conductor/Soloist hasn't got the grunt/quality to make the X's sing... Maybe comparatively to amps above $2K, but in isolation it's brilliant. Everyone raved how great it was with the LCD-2/3 which harder to drive in a raw sense.. Yet a lot of posters seemed to have turned on it with the X.... I have secured a second hand Audio GD NFB 15.32, which for the cash is fantastic, till I can get my hands on a WA6 SE, and I don't think it bothers me if some people think it's not the best match. I quite like Woo sound, and these phones will allow me to hear EXACTLY what Mr Woo wants me to hear....without the slight sludge in the mids that the LCD-2's has, or slight wooliness in the bass....mind you it's the flavour I prefer. If I get fed up of the valve sound, and want super clean sound, I'll buy a Mjolnir.... And that's the great thing about these phones. They ain't getting in the way, but manage to transmit the emotion of the music:))))

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #3,110 of 12,748
Oh good. I'm not the only one who thinks that!!

I also find it interesting how some people are saying the Burson Conductor/Soloist hasn't got the grunt/quality to make the X's sing... Maybe comparatively to amps above $2K, but in isolation it's brilliant. Everyone raved how great it was with the LCD-2/3 which harder to drive in a raw sense.. Yet a lot of posters seemed to have turned on it with the X.... I have secured a second hand Audio GD NFB 15.32, which for the cash is fantastic, till I can get my hands on a WA6 SE, and I don't think it bothers me if some people think it's not the best match. I quite like Woo sound, and these phones will allow me to hear EXACTLY what Mr Woo wants me to hear....without the slight sludge in the mids that the LCD-2's has, or slight wooliness in the bass....mind you it's the flavour I prefer. If I get fed up of the valve sound, and want super clean sound, I'll buy a Mjolnir.... And that's the great thing about these phones. They ain't getting in the way, but manage to transmit the emotion of the music:))))

Burson soloist, while not my favorite, does a very good job with the LCD-Xs (i.e., for those with just 1K to spend, it would be an excellent choice).  You are right, the amps I've found to do a better job with the LCD-Xs are much more expensive than the Burson.

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #3,111 of 12,748
Interesting though. I am listening to the LCD X on the Meir Classic and Daccord and its sounds excellent.  I am impressed with the German amps and dac that Jan Meir designed. The combo is a good match  for the LCDX. I had the WA6SE and WA6 in house and was more impressed with the WA7 driving them. I also had upgraded tubes on the 6SE  and still though the WA7 was better. The WA5 is really excellent but tht is $4400.00 with the tube I am using

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,113 of 12,748
  Interesting though. I am listening to the LCD X on the Meir Classic and Daccord and its sounds excellent.  I am impressed with the German amps and dac that Jan Meir designed. The combo is a good match  for the LCDX.

+1  I was very, very happy with how well the Xs pair with the Meier stack. I was pretty well set on the Xs, but at the same time I really didn't want to have to worry about shopping for another amp to make them happy. Glad to know you're hearing what I'm hearing - beautiful music out of this pairing. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #3,114 of 12,748

+1  I was very, very happy with how well the Xs pair with the Meier stack. I was pretty well set on the Xs, but at the same time I really didn't want to have to worry about shopping for another amp to make them happy. Glad to know you're hearing what I'm hearing - beautiful music out of this pairing. 

This would be a combo I would be interested in getting, the price isn't to bad and I don't have to worry about customs etc when ordering from the US! :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #3,116 of 12,748
The amp is powerful but musical and not grainy and I really like the daccord with the amp. I been listening since yesterday with the combo and have not turned on my WA5. Thats is a good sigh=n because I am enjoying this combination.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,117 of 12,748
Lovely to see everyone liking the LCD-X better than the other Audeze 'phones for the most part. Even better to see them sounding great with the V200! I'm seriously thinking about putting my LCD-2 R.2 up for sale so I can fund the X. I know it would be smarter to buy the X, compare, and sell the one I don't want...but my way is much MUCH quicker for money.
biggrin.gif

From what I've read, the only area the LCD-2 competes with the X is it has more bass quantity, but I think sometimes it has too much of it and I want more detail. I want to keep the Audeze awesomeness that the LCD-2 provides but with better soundstage and just improved in every way. I also want to use them in the studio for mixing.

Is there any reason for me to not sell my LCD-2 to fund an LCD-X? Should I just do it ASAP?

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,119 of 12,748
   Is there any reason for me to not sell my LCD-2 to fund an LCD-X? Should I just do it ASAP?

I have actually just done this; I have had LCD2.2s for a couple of years now, and liked them a lot.  My LCD-Xs arrived a week ago, and today (just a few minutes ago) the LCD2.2s went up on the block in the for sale forum here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back