Audeze LCD-X
Dec 26, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #11,641 of 12,748
no not at all, but it sounds different than my old lcd x which i bought in 2015, i do not have the box or anything related to it, i just have the headphone, and get this new headphone from the dealer and by mistake threw away box as its just creator edition , and everything included in it except the cable

I have the creator edition too and bought the Audeze hard case separately as well. It's cheaper buying the headphone and hardcase separately.

This plastic package has 2 cards. The other card which is on the back side is hidden. That is your certificate of authenticity which has the headphone serial number. Are you saying you throw this card away?

IMG_1618.jpg

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #11,642 of 12,748
I have the creator edition too and bought the Audeze hard case separately as well. It's cheaper buying the headphone and hardcase separately.

This plastic package has 2 cards. The other card which is on the back side is hidden. That is your certificate of authenticity which has the headphone serial number. Are you saying you throw this card away?

IMG_1618.jpg
yes threw away everything except the cable

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #11,643 of 12,748
This is my LCD-X and the hard case bought separately. Shown here is my own Forza Audioworks Claire Hybrid HPC balanced terminated cable. The original Audeze black cable with 1/4 inch termination is inside the box. :wink:

I do love this headphone. With the WA22, it sounds really good.

IMG_1619.jpg

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #11,645 of 12,748
Oh dear.... :thinking: I wonder if the dealer can help you reclaim the serial number from Audeze. You need it for warranty purposes.
i think worst case scenario the serial is under the pads as well

update: by surprise i found the card that has the serial

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #11,647 of 12,748
my old lcd x which i bought in 2015
Since 2015 there were minimum 2 revisions: the 2016 drivers revision (the sound signature changed) and the 2020 grills revision (metal mesh). Mate, you probably missed my previous post. I wrote that yours is indeed a 2020 revision, don't worry.

In addition, if you need your serial number, it's written exactly under the pads. But you won't need it unless it's broken. Of course you shouldn't have thrown away the authenticity card but I wouldn't worry about it now.

Dec 26, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #11,648 of 12,748
Since 2015 there were minimum 2 revisions: the 2016 drivers revision (the sound signature changed) and the 2020 grills revision (metal mesh). Mate, you probably missed my previous post. I wrote that yours is indeed a 2020 revision, don't worry.

In addition, if you need your serial number, it's written exactly under the pads. But you won't need it unless it's broken. Of course you shouldn't have thrown away the authenticity card but I wouldn't worry about it now.

So in your opinion, did you think the 2020 version is the best ? Presumably so otherwise Audeze wouldn't change it. Well I didn't hear any other version but what I have so I'm none the wiser but all I can say is, this headphone is damm good. Only complaint is my neck still feels the effects after a few hours of usage.

Dec 26, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #11,649 of 12,748
So in your opinion, did you think the 2020 version is the best ? Presumably so otherwise Audeze wouldn't change it. Well I didn't hear any other version but what I have so I'm none the wiser but all I can say is, this headphone is damm good. Only complaint is my neck still feels the effects after a few hours of usage.
The metal mesh doesn't seem to affect the sound signature that much. It's just there for the looks. It holds back all the excessive fluff and lint from the felt layer under the grill. Therefore, it looks sleeker. I have it without mesh and I don't mind it looking a bit fluffy))

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #11,650 of 12,748
As a comparison with HD800... after several hours of LCD-X, I was ready to yank it off my head, as good and meaty as it sound. However immediately on switching to HD800, the skies open, it's more airy and details droplets flow downwards from the sky. It's a big noticeable change. :)

I can't say one is better than the other. In fact I was ready to sell off the HD800 but it's been rescued again from this experience. I like the contrast from both headphones. Just wish the LCD-X is as light as the HD800. Now the HE1000se is coming in a week's time. It will be interesting then.

IMG_1621.jpg

Dec 26, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #11,651 of 12,748
I am considering selling my LCD-X since now I own the He1000se as well as a Empyrean. Can anyone suggest a replacement? I was thinking about a Sony Z1R...any idea?

Dec 26, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #11,652 of 12,748
I am considering selling my LCD-X since now I own the He1000se as well as a Empyrean. Can anyone suggest a replacement? I was thinking about a Sony Z1R...any idea?

LCD-4 :slight_smile:

My HE1000se will be coming in a weeks time. The longer term plan is to only have HEKSE with LCD-4 in my headphone stable. That's me though others will have different opinion.

Dec 26, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #11,653 of 12,748
But wont those be similar though. The reason i m trying to get rid of my lcd-x is precisely because I have 3 big planars now. I was leaning more towards a closed back dynamic or VO.

Take a look at my sig and plz tell me what else can i add? Hopefully nothing too expensive....

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #11,654 of 12,748
But wont those be similar though. The reason i m trying to get rid of my lcd-x is precisely because I have 3 big planars now. I was leaning more towards a closed back dynamic or VO.

Take a look at my sig and plz tell me what else can i add? Hopefully nothing too expensive....

LCD-4 and Arya are very different and I've heard those 2 many times. Since I'm to hear HEKSE in a weeks time, I can't assume but I think HEKSE and Arya are more similar than dis-similar.

VO & VC are a good alternative if you like a more relax and comforting tone but yet with tons of details. I've owned a VO until recently. Just not as bright in the top end compared to the others. Empyrean I can't comment - have not heard it.

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #11,655 of 12,748
As far as higher end HIFIMAN go, Arya are more musical, but less detail. HEKSE are detail monsters. Some have said the level of detail pulls them out of casual listening but I haven't found that to be the case, they are still musical at least to me. They keep detail without being too analytical like the HD800 or HD800S. My Fraken LCDX are being returned to the owner who sold them to me, and I have a pair of LCD X heading to Audeze to replace drivers so it will be awhile before I can make direct comparisons except from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back