Audeze LCD-X
Dec 26, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #11,656 of 12,748
As far as higher end HIFIMAN go, Arya are more musical, but less detail. HEKSE are detail monsters.

I think you are spot on. Well when my HEKSE arrives, I'll borrow my son's Arya for a no rush comparison with my various tube amps. Will also have a direct comparison with HD800, LCD-3f and LCD-X.

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #11,657 of 12,748
I think you are spot on. Well when my HEKSE arrives, I'll borrow my son's Arya for a no rush comparison with my various tube amps. Will also have a direct comparison with HD800, LCD-3f and LCD-X.
Ive had both the arya and the He1000se. The arya is indeed more musical, the bass is warmer. The He1000se is more detailed. like super detailed with great positioning and separation. When it comes to details, the he1000se trumps above anything I currently own. I had to get rid of my Arya because of an channel imbalance issue but thanksfully the He1000se is qc'ed by hand individuality so it has a better qc and better chances of being perfectly matched. Otherwise, i would most likely still own my Arya since the He1000se is more than twice the price.

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #11,658 of 12,748
Ive had both the arya and the He1000se. The arya is indeed more musical, the bass is warmer. The He1000se is more detailed. like super detailed with great positioning and separation. When it comes to details, the he1000se trumps above anything I currently own. I had to get rid of my Arya because of an channel imbalance issue but thanksfully the He1000se is qc'ed by hand individuality so it has a better qc and better chances of being perfectly matched. Otherwise, i would most likely still own my Arya since the He1000se is more than twice the price.

Seems to be in line with others impressions of Arya vs He1000se. The headphone can't come fast enough.

Just noticed you had Feliks Elise. It's been a while ago since I had Elise, followed by Euforia. Step through a bunch of tube amps and I do love them all.

... and that Sony wh-1000xm4... is that any good? Was going to pick up a xm3 for the fun of it but xm4 isn't that much more. That or I should just pick up the Apple Airpods Pro to go with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #11,659 of 12,748
Seems to be in line with others impressions of Arya vs He1000se. The headphone can't come fast enough.

Just noticed you had Feliks Elise. It's been a while ago since I had Elise, followed by Euforia. Step through a bunch of tube amps and I do love them all.
Yeah i love my elise. Only reason i got the elise is because of my ZMF. They love OTL amps. Compared to my elise, my GSX-mini sounds anemic but its only with my ZMFs though. My LCD-x, empy, he1000se all sound magnificent with the mini.

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #11,660 of 12,748
Yeah i love my elise. Only reason i got the elise is because of my ZMF. They love OTL amps. Compared to my elise, my GSX-mini sounds anemic but its only with my ZMFs though. My LCD-x, empy, he1000se all sound magnificent with the mini.

and what about that

... and that Sony wh-1000xm4... is that any good? Was going to pick up a xm3 for the fun of it but xm4 isn't that much more. That or I should just pick up the Apple Airpods Pro to go with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I just edited my post but you obviously didn't see it. :)

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #11,661 of 12,748
and what about that

I just edited my post but you obviously didn't see it. :)
I dont know about xm3 but i did make the jump from a xm2 to xm4 and i love it. Its such a wonderful little headphone. Sound quality, battery life and ANC, it has all. I actuallly use both my XM4 and LCD-x as portable cans and love them both. I dont know much about air pods max cuz i dont own any apple product but they sure look nice, especially with the bra case LOL

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #11,662 of 12,748
I dont know about xm3 but i did make the jump from a xm2 to xm4 and i love it. Its such a wonderful little headphone. Sound quality, battery life and ANC, it has all. I actuallly use both my XM4 and LCD-x as portable cans and love them both. I dont know much about air pods max cuz i dont own any apple product but they sure look nice, especially with the bra case LOL

Thanks. I'm enjoying my LCD-X right now - properly amplified with a transformer coupled WA22 and good tubes. Yet I'm thinking of a portable Sony wh-1000mx4. That and I'm getting the He1000se in a week's time. I think the festive season is getting to me.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #11,663 of 12,748
I dont know about xm3 but i did make the jump from a xm2 to xm4 and i love it. Its such a wonderful little headphone.
Not to throw us more off course, maybe you could PM me, but I currently own a Sony xm2 and I'm curious of the differences between 2 and 4 as feature and design wise they are quite similar. I have several bluetooth ANC headphones and I'm selling all but one. Right now my top 2 are Sennheiser Momentum 3 and B&W PX.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #11,664 of 12,748
Not to throw us more off course, maybe you could PM me, but I currently own a Sony xm2 and I'm curious of the differences between 2 and 4 as feature and design wise they are quite similar. I have several bluetooth ANC headphones and I'm selling all but one. Right now my top 2 are Sennheiser Momentum 3 and B&W PX.
Will do good sir

Dec 28, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #11,665 of 12,748
I got chance to borrow CMA 12 master for few days before decide. For me it's not even a hard decision to upgrade. Everything seems smoother, at the same time blacker background, more micro detail, and more definition to each note through all spectrum.

Really? I just bought a near new Questyle CMA 12 for my LCD-X, LCD-3f, HD800 and HEKSE. Hope it will compliment my tube amps.

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #11,666 of 12,748
Proud new user of a pair of used lcd-x!

Coming from dt1990's didn't surprise me much at the beginning but after a good hour of listening it is growing on me!!

One question, i seem to have thin head I feel the clam force it's too little. Is there any way to increase it? I would like them pushing a bit more against my ears.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone :):)

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #11,667 of 12,748
I removed the stock headband and use a ZMF pilot pad for added cushion and comfort. Maybe that will help...

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #11,669 of 12,748
I removed the stock headband and use a ZMF pilot pad for added cushion and comfort. Maybe that will help...
I will look into that, but I was thinking of something a bit less intrusive. Maybe forcing a bit the upper head band together.

Haha the LCD-X on my head now is clamping a bit much. I need to loosen it. Not that I have a big head.
Maybe the previous owner of the ones I got was a bit bighead. I didn't get to meet him. Was a good guy though

Keep rocking! :L3000:

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #11,670 of 12,748
Guys, I have a pair of Dekoni replacements Audeze LCD pads, with which I would like to replace the original pads on my LCD-X, because they're looking a little beat up, although they're not necessarily damaged or torn. The older pads seem hard-stuck and not too easy to remove, so I am a bit hesitant to mess with them. What is the best way to go about replacing these pads, and will the replacement affect the sound in any way? My replacement pads are the Lambskin Eikon pads pictured below :

EMUqM4kjQhWUNqBQWviz_eikon-lambskin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back