1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-X

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by icenine2, Oct 4, 2013.
Tags:
First

Back
720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729
731 732 733 734
Next

Last
  1. Focux
    DITA I guess

2. Hifiearspeakers
    There used to be a seller on EBay that was doing a wire mod for the Sennheiser 800/800S. He was putting in a pure silver wire in place of the stock wire that he claimed was creating a “sonic bottleneck”. He was only charging around $100, I think, for the work.

3. johnzz4
    Yes, Abyss and Wells Audio do - two highly regarded brands

SalvorHardin likes this.
  4. SalvorHardin
    Yes, a fair number of companies carefully choose internal wiring and components, Wreckless. Shouldn't that be obvious in this obsession-driven hobby we're in? Anyway, I for one can clearly hear a difference with audio cables. If you just dismiss that, then we have nothing further to discuss, as we have no common experiences, and I'm bored.

5. Mojo777
    I got my X's back from a right driver repair. Support was great.

My question: They sound different. Am I imagining that? I wore mine almost daily since Jan '15. I swear these are different headphones. I must assume that the drivers are different than before.

6. mixman
    I believe they changed the drivers in 2016 partially to make them more reliable, but they also changed the sound too.

phthora likes this.
  7. phthora
    Mixman is right. Details here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...el8-ti-these-have-updates-as-standard.804186/

mixman likes this.
  8. Focux
    just listed my LCD X on local NZ platform,

hope they find a new home =)

9. sahmen
    If anyone has tried any of the Dekoni Audeze pads on the LCD-X, could they kindly share their impressions? Thanks.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  10. CreditingKarma
    I have the lambskin pads on mine. They are thicker than the audeze pads but are much more comfortable than the new pads that audeze is using. I had the 4z for a while and it sounded great but the pads were much more firm than the old style that audeze had.

sahmen likes this.
  11. pippen99
    I have the Elite Hybrid pads on my 4 and find them to be very comfortable. They are thicker than Audeze pads. I had the Audeze microsuede pads on my X when I had it. I would love to have those on my 4 but as far as I know they are no longer available. I find the Dekoni hybrid pads to be the next best thing to the microsuede.

sahmen and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  12. Hifiearspeakers
    Could you please say how the hybrid pads altered the sound of your 4 compared to the stock pads?

sahmen likes this.
  13. pippen99
    Overall I did not hear much change. Because they are thicker there is a small increase in soundstage at least to my ears. Tonally not so much.

sahmen likes this.
  14. Hifiearspeakers
    That’s interesting because the Dekoni sheepskin earpads have made a huge difference, in a positive way, with my 4Z. So much so, that I’m very interested in hearing how some of their other options affect the sound. I actually have a brand new pair of Elite Velour’s for my 4Z, but I like my current sound so much, that I’m scared to even try them.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  15. commtrd
    Very curious to see how the fenestrated sheepskin affects the sound. I suspect the thicker pads will be a good bit more comfortable.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
First

Back
720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729
731 732 733 734
Next

Last