Audeze LCD-X
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #9,301 of 12,748
Any one here have LCD-X for Sale? Not 2016 edition. the old and original one (Pre 2016).
I will sell. Has the carbon fiber headband too. PM me and we'll try figure out a fair price.

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #9,302 of 12,748
  Which is why I mention a good synergy with excellent solid state amps such as Jot, Bryston, etc.

I tried for some hours the Lyr 2 and Jot and Lyr 2 sounds nicer to my ears. No benefit for going balanced.

The Elemental Watson includes a preamp gain control for each tube, I think that a nice touch to tweak the sound.

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #9,303 of 12,748

I tried for some hours the Lyr 2 and Jot and Lyr 2 sounds nicer to my ears. No benefit for going balanced.

The Elemental Watson includes a preamp gain control for each tube, I think that a nice touch to tweak the sound.

I'm still not sure where to properly set those damn things on the Watson. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 25, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #9,304 of 12,748
Apr 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #9,305 of 12,748
  why pre-2016

i am a Treble head, i like the brightness of HD800 and the Spikes of T1. so sometimes stuff like HD800 v2 or LCD-X v2 is tuned toward what i sound boring to me.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #9,306 of 12,748

i am a Treble head, i like the brightness of HD800 and the Spikes of T1. so sometimes stuff like HD800 v2 or LCD-X v2 is tuned toward what i sound boring to me.

If anything, Audeze revisions make them brighter. I can't imagine if you enjoy Beyer spikes that the X will be anywhere close to your preferred sound signature.

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #9,307 of 12,748

The LCD-X design has not changed much since we introduced it. The only difference is in 2016 we made the diaphragms slightly more compliant. This does not change the inherent frequency response or tonal balance. If anything, the treble is perceived a bit clearer. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 25, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #9,308 of 12,748

If anything, Audeze revisions make them brighter. I can't imagine if you enjoy Beyer spikes that the X will be anywhere close to your preferred sound signature.

i still can enjoy both. at least its not warm like LCD-2/3. having more than headphone always work :3

also did you test the old LCD-X vs the new one? 

i was told by a friend who tested both that the first one will be the one for me. 

now i am too confused :' ) thanks again for helping around. i don't want to pay 1400$ without researching lol. i can't test it because i live faraway. 
  The LCD-X design has not changed much since we introduced it. The only difference is in 2016 we made the diaphragms slightly more compliant. This does not change the inherent frequency response or tonal balance. If anything, the treble is perceived a bit clearer. 

i heard that the Treble and Bass got some added warmth to tame the Treble. or overall its more on the mellow side vs V1. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,309 of 12,748
  i still can enjoy both. at least its not warm like LCD-2/3. having more than headphone always work :3

also did you test the old LCD-X vs the new one? 

i was told by a friend who tested both that the first one will be the one for me. 

now i am too confused :' ) thanks again for helping around. i don't want to pay 1400$ without researching lol. i can't test it because i live faraway. 
i heard that the Treble and Bass got some added warmth to tame the Treble. or overall its more on the mellow side vs V1. 

I've only heard the new one versus the LCD-2F (which is less bassy than the 2.2). To me, it doesn't sound any less powerful in the low end, just a bit more neutral. Definitely not something I'd recommend for fans of the HD800 and T1 unless you're looking for something to complement them with a different presentation.

And to Audeze, you magnificent bastards. The Deckard is perfect.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #9,311 of 12,748
Hello everyone, this is my first post so here is a little bit of me :
First of all, english is not my main language so I am sorry if it not always accurate !
then :
I am Globox. I am from Europe, I am 29 years old, I have a wife and a son !

I am here to talk about my LCD-X : I bought it used a couple mounth ago, it was fine and sounded gread. I saw that Audeze offered to upgrade it to the new driver and I have it done by an official dealer in Europe.

I had it back a couple days ago and... While still sounding great, maybe even better than before, it make some wierd noises why I move or when I push on the ear cup. One is worse than the other but both are making nose. It sounds like the diaphragm is to loose.

I don't really know how to explain it so here is more or less what it sounds like : 1:23 to 1:24 of the video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA
I called back the dealer and he told me that it is normal. That every Audeze does that if the seal between your ear and the diaphragm is good. He also told me that when the driver is loaded with music it sould not make anymore noise, whish is... kind of true... If the music is not loud enough it still makes a little bit of noise but a lot less.

Anyways, I didn't have that with the old drivers and I was wondering if this is normal as the dealer says or if no one has this problem exept me. The dealer also said that it happens with every Audeze Headphone, not only the LCDX.

Thanks everyone for the help !

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #9,312 of 12,748
Hello everyone, this is my first post so here is a little bit of me :
First of all, english is not my main language so I am sorry if it not always accurate ! !

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Yes, I was worried by that sound at the beginning as well, but everyone here has it. I was wondering if the seal pressure could affect to the longevity of the drivers, but it seems it's not the case either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back