Audeze LCD-X
Mar 6, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #7,562 of 12,748
By the way, to those who say the LCD-X is to heavy. I say nonsense.

I rode motorcycles for many years. A helmet is heavier and I could ride all day, day after day. I do believe that doing so made it so that the LCD-X feels like nothing in comparison. Moving to a different country where it is not as safe made me stop riding for the time being.

The thing is, if it does feel heavy for you in the beginning, you will get used to it. Partly because your neck muscles will strengthen.

I wear the headphones upwards of 8 hours per day, often 10 or more and I never have the feeling they are heavy. I would trade the weight for performance any day. And the LCD-X's do perform!

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #7,563 of 12,748
  I have LCD-X, but I have never had any experience with LCD-2. Is LCD-2's bass better than LCD-X?

I owned 2.2, 2F and now X. By far X is the best in every aspects. The 3F is a bit more refined than X in SQ also it is more relaxed and subdue. X is much better all rounder.

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #7,564 of 12,748
  By the way, to those who say the LCD-X is to heavy. I say nonsense.

I rode motorcycles for many years. A helmet is heavier and I could ride all day, day after day. I do believe that doing so made it so that the LCD-X feels like nothing in comparison. Moving to a different country where it is not as safe made me stop riding for the time being.

The thing is, if it does feel heavy for you in the beginning, you will get used to it. Partly because your neck muscles will strengthen.

I wear the headphones upwards of 8 hours per day, often 10 or more and I never have the feeling they are heavy. I would trade the weight for performance any day. And the LCD-X's do perform!

I agree with you,dude.The comfort of LCD-X is just perfect for me.One more thing,people who whine about its weight actually don't own one.That's just my opinion!

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #7,565 of 12,748
I feel it the same guys, never understood why so many people writing it is heave and uncomfortable. Ok after HD800 it is not as comfy of course but Audeze leather earpads feels nice to me comfy and nice around ears (and thankfuly drivers not touching to ears as most other headphones) which is for me very important as well. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #7,566 of 12,748
I've never had a comfort problem with the LCD-3C or LCD-X. I can wear them for hours and hours.

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #7,567 of 12,748
I don't find my LCD-X uncomfortable due to the weight, but I would say that the weight is the only con of the LCD-X for me.  The first time I put on a pair of Audeze headphones, I immediately noticed the weight and wasn't a big fan.  I got used to it extremely quickly however, and it no longer bothers me.  That said, I also own a pair of HD 700's, and when I'm using headphones for anything other than music, or when I'm just doing background listening, I usually still use the HD 700's, because while the LCD-X's are clearly superior, the HD 700's are still very good, and unless I'm doing serious listening, I'll sacrifice the bump in sound quality for the considerably larger bump in comfort.  The weight of the LCD-X's is always there, and if something reminds you of it, you'll notice it (or if you've had them on for a few hours, you'll probably notice it as well).  I can wear my HD 700's all day (literally), and I'd probably never even think about it.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #7,568 of 12,748
The weight doesnt bother me too much and you do get used to it because it is well balanced but certainly a pair of HD800 or HEX or Ether are far more comfortable I think that is beyond debate...sound wise it is another question of course

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #7,569 of 12,748
i don't think it is the weight so much as the headband design that aches across the top of your head after awhile, which should be fixed using the new bands.  for me though the issue is exaggerated by having herniated disc's C4-5/5-6/ and 6-7.  Unfortunately unless you have these sort of neck issues it is hard to recognize what a little weight feels like to someone who has.  Lots of people have herniated discs in their neck. Ultimately surgery is the only thing that will ever reduce the pain but that comes with it's own issues.

i can without a doubt certainly say wearing my T1 for example is much much more comfortable on my neck either with or without surgery and so a headphone does earn some rank if it is light as well as sounding good, to me.  i would gladly pay double for the sound of the LCD-X in something the weight of the T1.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #7,571 of 12,748
  I feel it the same guys, never understood why so many people writing it is heave and uncomfortable. Ok after HD800 it is not as comfy of course but Audeze leather earpads feels nice to me comfy and nice around ears (and thankfuly drivers not touching to ears as most other headphones) which is for me very important as well. 

Feel perfectly fine to me too.  Squeaky wheel syndrom.  People are more likely to comment if something bothers them.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #7,574 of 12,748
HELP ME!

First Problem:
Guys,I have got a weird problem here.This is the second time this thing has happened.Sometimes,my LCD-X cans make a very strange electric spark type sound ,and it is very sharp and quick.My friend had my LCD -X plugged into the Deckard, and I was in the other room doing something.He was playing music above normal levels,and I must say it was pretty loud.Suddenly,I heard this loud,sharp sound, and I came running, and you should have seen my friend's face.His face literally had me for that moment,haha.What is this noise? It is definitely not music.It is just like sharp,gritty, electric spark type sound.When I plugged my LCD-X  into the Deckard for the first time,I noticed this problem.The sound is loud,sharp and terrifying.He could have severely damaged his eardrums.

Second Problem:
Has anybody heard Zack Knight ft Rami Beatz - Ya Baba (Official Video) on Youtube? It is in 4k.The bass on LCD-X sounded muddy with this song, and was totally out of control.I downloaded the same song in 320 kbps Mp3 as Flac was not available ,and again the same problem.This particular song has got a lot of subbass, and the cans start to shake, and simply fail to handle the bass.The bass is kind of ''all over the place.'' I simply can't enjoy the song with LCD-X! Guys,I may be asking you a lot here,but please check it out and let me know what's wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back