Audeze LCD-X
Mar 1, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #7,546 of 12,748
Hey guys

I recently purchased some LCD-X and the Carbon headband.

After seeing the posts here about issues with the headband, i wondered what im looking out for to see if mines ok?

I only recieved it this morning and just installed :)

Here is a couple of pics

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #7,547 of 12,748
Time for an amp shootout--apologies if the below amps are discussed elsewhere in this thread. With the LCD-X, what is your experience with the following amps--or even general thoughts? For work, I need a small footprint for my desk. DAC not important right now as this is for a work setup--IT won't let us stream Tidal.

- Burson Soloist SL MK2
- Woo Audio WA6-SE
- Violectric V-200
- ALO Audio Pan-AM

Are the above amps (or others you know of) worth paying the premium over the SL MK2? I want more energy/punch with rock and house music. Oppo HA-2 is powering my EL-8C...will upgrade to LCD-XC as soon as I can find a used unit. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #7,548 of 12,748
I just received a pair of LCD-X's today and have been giving them a listen...they are used so they are burned in......I have listened to pretty much every headphone out there and currently have several on hand for comparison....I have owned and sold the LCD-3F several times as well....my first impression is just how efficient these X's are.....I am listening through my Mojo as i write this and earlier listened using a Liquid Carbon.....I had to turn the volume down appreciably from levels i had been listening to with my Ether and even my HiFiman HEX is no more efficient than the X's.....certainly far more efficient than the LCD-3F.....my initial impression is that these are far more neutral and less lush sounding than the 3F's were....they do indeed have powerful bass and a real presence.......I will report back after i give them a few more hours of listening but the thing that stood out to me was the efficiency,I do not see myself using these with my Yiggy/Rag combo as they simply do not need the power but early on they do pair well with the Mojo

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #7,549 of 12,748
  I just received a pair of LCD-X's today and have been giving them a listen...they are used so they are burned in......I have listened to pretty much every headphone out there and currently have several on hand for comparison....I have owned and sold the LCD-3F several times as well....my first impression is just how efficient these X's are.....I am listening through my Mojo as i write this and earlier listened using a Liquid Carbon.....I had to turn the volume down appreciably from levels i had been listening to with my Ether and even my HiFiman HEX is no more efficient than the X's.....certainly far more efficient than the LCD-3F.....my initial impression is that these are far more neutral and less lush sounding than the 3F's were....they do indeed have powerful bass and a real presence.......I will report back after i give them a few more hours of listening but the thing that stood out to me was the efficiency,I do not see myself using these with my Yiggy/Rag combo as they simply do not need the power but early on they do pair well with the Mojo

Similar to my experience.  The Mojo and the X are a great combo!  For the 3, I need a more powerful amp but it is hard to beat the 3 for Lush Goodness!!

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #7,550 of 12,748
i did not need a more powerful amp for the LCD-3....i had no problem with my mojo or Hugo..in the case of the X i find it is so efficient that the mojo is almost too powerful and needs to be set at volume below red in many cases

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #7,551 of 12,748
  i did not need a more powerful amp for the LCD-3....i had no problem with my mojo or Hugo..in the case of the X i find it is so efficient that the mojo is almost too powerful and needs to be set at volume below red in many cases

For me, a more powerful amp has better bass control for the 3 than the Mojo provides.  However, with the X, the Mojo has good control over the bass.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #7,552 of 12,748

This is genius. I just got my straps in from FullCompass and installed them on my LCD-3 and LCD-XC at home. They fit perfectly as showed in the pictures, almost as if they were specifically made for this purpose! They are very comfortable and a lot better than the Lohb straps (on those the loops would always pull out of adjustment). Including the $30 price of the extended yokes, you still save $120 over the Audeze carbon fibers (which they couldn't even manufacture correctly the first time).

I have the lohb strap and it works just fine so far and I was wondering if the one you're mentioning is an improvement. What is it called or do you mind showing me the link to it ?
Thanks

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #7,553 of 12,748
oh wait..

Is it this one ?

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #7,556 of 12,748
  I have LCD-X, but I have never had any experience with LCD-2. Is LCD-2's bass better than LCD-X?

The LCD-2f was my first hifi headphone.  I soon moved up to the LCD-X.  In my experience the X does everything better.

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #7,557 of 12,748
Hey guys, I currently have LCD-2 revision 2.1's, non F of course, and am looking to get an upgrade/complimentary pair of headphones. I love the 2.1s for classic rock, jazz, etc. Right now I am debating between the LCD-X and LCD-3, but can't make my mind up. I really like punchy bass, and a sound signature that is in your face and I primarily listen to a lot of metal and electronic music. Does anyone have any suggestions between the LCD-3 and LCD-X based on my primary taste of music/sound signature?

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #7,558 of 12,748
Hey guys, I currently have LCD-2 revision 2.1's, non F of course, and am looking to get an upgrade/complimentary pair of headphones. I love the 2.1s for classic rock, jazz, etc. Right now I am debating between the LCD-X and LCD-3, but can't make my mind up. I really like punchy bass, and a sound signature that is in your face and I primarily listen to a lot of metal and electronic music. Does anyone have any suggestions between the LCD-3 and LCD-X based on my primary taste of music/sound signature?

The LCD-X is outstanding for electronic music. Can't speak to metal since I don't listen to any myself but I can see the thundering bass and tame upper mids of the X working really well for that :)

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #7,559 of 12,748

I have the LCD-X and it is fantastic for both Metal and Electronic. I listen to both all the time and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back