Audeze LCD-X
Feb 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #7,516 of 12,748

Got 'em pal.  All my HP's have Wywires red.  I absolutely Love and Recommend them.  Alex is the cable man!!

Prost,
RCB

Dude,what kind of improvement can I expect from these cable? I am thinking of buying it for LCDx. Is it for real or just a gimmick like snake oil?
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #7,517 of 12,748

Got 'em pal.  All my HP's have Wywires red.  I absolutely Love and Recommend them.  Alex is the cable man!!

Prost,
RCB

Absolutely Agree!

Love my WyWires Red paired with the LCD-X - overall smoother presentation removing the grain from the higher treble regions, tightens up the bass, and adds a touch of improved transparency, detail, and layering.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #7,518 of 12,748

Dude,what kind of improvement can I expect from these cable? I am thinking of buying it for LCDx. Is it for real or just a gimmick like snake oil?
wink.gif

I think musicmac said it well.  I also have the red for my HD800.  Alex adjusts the cables to match the cans...so you must consult with him about your rig / music / HP's before he builds your cable.  It's a custom experience.  I found the red made my LCD-X sound more open especially the upper-mids.  Have a hard time expressing it, because it was a couple years ago.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #7,520 of 12,748
  Just to confirm some earlier Q's on pairing - the Mojo and the LCD-X pair brilliantly!

Let me add the Woo Audio WA7/WA7tp is a nice dac/amp pairing as well.

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #7,521 of 12,748
Just to confirm some earlier Q's on pairing - the Mojo and the LCD-X pair brilliantly!

Does the bass still slam hard with the Mojo/LCD-Xs? I was thinking about a Centrence Hi-Fi M8 instead for mine since it has LF and HF boost controls. Plus that thing sounds fantastic.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #7,523 of 12,748

John Mellencamp - Scarecrow

-Now THAT is an oft-overlooked eighties album, at least here in Scandinavia. I hope he is bigger in the US - sure deserves to be!  (Scarecrow is one of my fav Mellencamp efforts)

Speaking of the midwest and the eighties, I had a great time last night listening to The Rainmakers' debut through my X. Funny how you can listen to an album quite literally a thousand times and still get blown away every time. Think I'll dig out a couple of Mellencamp albums tonight, thanks for the reminder.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #7,524 of 12,748
An update on my X left driver fail issue. Audeze did get back to me after couple of weeks but things are going too slow. They have asked me for some more details & I have replied. But each response from them takes about 5-6 days & I still don't have a final solution. Still waiting for a confirmation to send in my X to them.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #7,525 of 12,748
  An update on my X left driver fail issue. Audeze did get back to me after couple of weeks but things are going too slow. They have asked me for some more details & I have replied. But each response from them takes about 5-6 days & I still don't have a final solution. Still waiting for a confirmation to send in my X to them.

Something must be wrong with Audeze this days. I sent my LCD 3 in to my dealer in December and still haven’t got it back. Before I had a creaked wood ring and it tock like 2, max 3 weeks to get it there and back to Sweden. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #7,526 of 12,748

Something must be wrong with Audeze this days. I sent my LCD 3 in to my dealer in December and still haven’t got it back. Before I had a creaked wood ring and it tock like 2, max 3 weeks to get it there and back to Sweden. 
This will no doubt be to do with the LCD 4 issues. It's nearly March. Waiting 3 months would tip me over the edge.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #7,527 of 12,748
Does the bass still slam hard with the Mojo/LCD-Xs? I was thinking about a Centrence Hi-Fi M8 instead for mine since it has LF and HF boost controls. Plus that thing sounds fantastic.

This is only one man's opinion: But the M8 is not even in the same league as the Mojo. In fact, the M8 isn't that great IMO (I had one with a LCD-3).

I'd also consider the iDSD Pro.

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #7,528 of 12,748
actually I think the M8 is outstanding.....it isnt quite up to the standards of the hugo and mojo but it is quite good and has a very powerful amp which can drive most anything...

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #7,529 of 12,748
i think Audeze is mostly focused on their mass market models now (the ones with lightening connector).  Their TOTL stuff was just done to give the profit margins needed to get to the consumer stuff sort of like what Tesla said they were doing with the Model S & X.  I'm not saying they don't care about their TOTL stuff but think being a small company the mass market products will consume the bulk of their bandwidth.  Sell a million of these or a few of those, take your pick.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #7,530 of 12,748
actually I think the M8 is outstanding.....it isnt quite up to the standards of the hugo and mojo but it is quite good and has a very powerful amp which can drive most anything...

I think the iDSD is world's better. I had both, spent months with each. There was no contest. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back