Audeze LCD-X
Oct 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #46 of 12,748
Just came across this link http://www.technologytell.com/hometech/101206/audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-x/
Has lcd-x in a different color than Jude's preview model. Might mean there will be some options

Probably more a result of different photography.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #49 of 12,748

I don't think that's different photography changing the LCDX from brown to silver.

The pics on the bottom are the prototypes. The XC's production version doesn't look like that anymore either (it has a glossy finish now), so I'm guessing the pic on top shows the production X.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #51 of 12,748
The production version looks pretty good, I like the anodized brown/purple-ish on the earcups and this inspires more confidence on the jack holding up.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #52 of 12,748
Can't wait for more ok impression from the RMAF!!

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #53 of 12,748
I'm crossing my fingers that the XC's sound good. I've been looking (listneing?) for a good pair of closed 'phones so far with no luck. I even tried making
my own mod'ed T50's I call Plastic Pantz, but can't get them voiced to my liking. I have a pair of LCD2's that I like a lot, so I have high hopes for the XC's.

popcorn.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #54 of 12,748
My mistake about the colours -- I thought the comment was about different shades of the same colour. I hadn't paid attention to what the colour of the metal was.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #55 of 12,748

http://www.scullcommunications.com/pressresources/audeze/audeze_rmaf_13.pdf

Quote:
Audeze continues making the award-winning LCD-2 and ultra-high performance LCD-3 open headphones. “The LCD-3 defines the ultimate in headphone playback, but the open architecture and beautifully-finished wood enclosure may not be ideal for travel,” explained Alex. “The LCD-X and XC, on the other hand, feature hard-anodized, aluminum enclosures making them even more durable for travel and studio use.”

The new closed-back LCD-XC and open reference LCD-X headphones benefit from a completely redesigned planar magnetic driver. “The accuracy and sound quality of our new closed-back headphones are superb,” said Alex Rosson, CEO of Audeze, “but for the very best sound Audeze feels it’s not yet possible to surpass an open design.” Both new headphones are available in either lambskin leather or leather-free microsuede, and the LCD-XC features beautifully-finished wood enclosure caps.

Audeze customers began asking for a closed-back design ever since the award-winning open High Performance LCD-2 headphones were introduced in 2010. “After much research and various design prototypes we finally developed the materials and supporting structure that produces our unprecedented Audeze sound,” said Sankar Thiagasamudram, COO of Audeze. “We’re excited to finally release the LCD-XC.”

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #57 of 12,748
i don´t understand one thing: the new lcd-x is a superior model compared to the lcd-3 or the driver is the same?

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #58 of 12,748
  i don´t understand one thing: the new lcd-x is a superior model compared to the lcd-3 or the driver is the same?

"The new closed-back LCD-XC and open reference LCD-X headphones benefit from a completely redesigned planar magnetic driver. "

They say that LCD3 is still the flagship though.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #59 of 12,748
  "The new closed-back LCD-XC and open reference LCD-X headphones benefit from a completely redesigned planar magnetic driver. "

thank you

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #60 of 12,748

Those statements are kind of at odds--aren't they? If Audeze has designed a new generation driver, doesn't it stand to reason that it's superior to the LCD-3 driver? What would be the point of a completely redesigned driver that doesn't sound quite as good as one they already manufacture? Audeze isn't claiming they found a way to increase production and lower costs like HiFiMan did with a simplified HE-400 driver. The LCD-X is close to the same price point as the LCD-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back