Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Aug 8, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #691 of 4,795
Hello is that a pelican 1060 case? Also where does one get the foam cut outs? Thank you for your time
Yes it is 1060 and I think the foam is Pelican pick a foam 1062 that is what I used. You pick and pluck till you get what you want. The foam can be plucked, small blocks at a time.

@OrpheusIV I also made a slot in the middle of the foam on the side touching Hugo2, this made it easy to stick a finger in and lift the Hugo2 up.

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #692 of 4,795
Yes it is 1060 and I think the foam is Pelican pick a foam 1062 that is what I used. You pick and pluck till you get what you want. The foam can be plucked, small blocks at a time.

@OrpheusIV I also made a slot in the middle of the foam on the side touching Hugo2, this made it easy to stick a finger in and lift the Hugo2 up.
That exactly what I did. I just copied your great suggestion. Pelican case and foam set

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #693 of 4,795
I've been monitoring this thread and can't recall if this was directly addressed.
How analytical are the i4's? I'm debating Hugo TT vs Hugo 2 for them and if they are analytical than the Hugo 2 would be too transparent for my taste probably.

THanks!

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #694 of 4,795
I've been monitoring this thread and can't recall if this was directly addressed.
How analytical are the i4's? I'm debating Hugo TT vs Hugo 2 for them and if they are analytical than the Hugo 2 would be too transparent for my taste probably.

THanks!

Certainly not "analytical. They have that Audeze LCD-4 magic in a much smaller and lighter package! FWIW, I prefer them out of the Hugo 2...brilliant combination. The Hugo 2 has a bit more power and better synergy. The TT is a darker sounding DAC (darker than neutral to my ears) and thus my preference for the Hugo 2 with these in-ears.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #695 of 4,795
Would there be a compelling reason to upgrade from a Mojo to a Hugo 2? For driving the i4 obviously... When I ordered the Mojo I did not even think about Hugo2.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #696 of 4,795
Would there be a compelling reason to upgrade from a Mojo to a Hugo 2? For driving the i4 obviously... When I ordered the Mojo I did not even think about Hugo2.

I am so absolutely happy that I upgraded from my Mojo to my Hugo 2. The differences are quite profound and the synergy with the LCDi4 is very special!

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #697 of 4,795
I am so absolutely happy that I upgraded from my Mojo to my Hugo 2. The differences are quite profound and the synergy with the LCDi4 is very special!

As my wallet quietly cringes in the corner, fervently hoping to avoid detection and the subsequent almost certain pillaging of its contents...

Aug 10, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #699 of 4,795
As my wallet quietly cringes in the corner, fervently hoping to avoid detection and the subsequent almost certain pillaging of its contents...
¨
Maybe the LCDi4 with Mojo will be so much better than what you had before, that your wallet will get some time to fully recover before you take the next step at the never ending better sound ladder.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #700 of 4,795
I love the Audeze house sound and have the LCD-X currently and am looking to upgrade, do you think the LCDi4 would outperform my LCD-X? And for that matter all other LCD editions (with the exception of the LCD-4), from what you have experienced so far? I am just trying to work out where they would sit in the Audeze LCD hierarchy and whether it's worth tracking down a pair to audition.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #701 of 4,795
Yes I shall order the Hugo 2, I have read to many good reviews, impressions and recommendations....including your keen impressions. I want my i4's to sound the best they can, while mobile. But it also sounds like the Hugo 2 can be used as a desktop DACs and that is icing on the cake.

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #702 of 4,795
I love the Audeze house sound and have the LCD-X currently and am looking to upgrade, do you think the LCDi4 would outperform my LCD-X? And for that matter all other LCD editions (with the exception of the LCD-4), from what you have experienced so far? I am just trying to work out where they would sit in the Audeze LCD hierarchy and whether it's worth tracking down a pair to audition.

IMHO the i4 are better than the X in that they are just a tad bit warmer and the X tend toward perhaps a slightly more neutral presentation possibly. Not a strike against the X by any means but the form factor of the i4 which lends them to unequaled comfort compared to large heavy cans over the head sure sold me. As with a lot of feedback from audiophilia, kinda subjective...

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #703 of 4,795

I prefer the sound of the i4 over the LCD-XC and the LCD-2.2. They're better technically as well to my ears. I would whole heartily recommend giving them an audition, but make sure it isn't a noisy environment as they don't isolate.

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #704 of 4,795
As a recent convert to the world of EQ, I'll also add that one of the many beauties of the i4's is their ability to take EQ so well enabling you to personalize the sound. I rarely listen to them without at least a little EQ. With other headphones/iem's I would only use EQ to fix a problem. With the i4's you have a blank canvas to work with. The stock sound is not bad, just not ideal for my preferences.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #705 of 4,795

I love the Audeze sound and believe the I4's are better than all except the LCD-4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back