Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jul 11, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #2,807 of 4,796
I believe you made an almost identical post regarding the ier-z1r ! Clearly the fact that two different IEMs cause you physical pain is somewhat unusual.
Not almost, carbon-copy identical. And there is at least one other in the 64Audio thread. But hey, you don't get to 140 posts in less than 3 weeks without taking a few shortcuts. :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #2,808 of 4,796
its just funny these i4 stand head and shoulder above EVERYthing in the world. i mean they are truly lebron james on the lakers last year.
Ouch! You were doing really well there with the hype until the last sentence. "Playoff mode engaged!" :-D

Would you mind posting a picture of your holy trinity of IEMs (in a podium like pose)?

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #2,809 of 4,796
My 2 cents. I love the LCDi4 with my Sony WM1A but I put the Cypher Labs Algorhytm Trio between them. The Trio really expands the soundstage and the music really floats in space. I also am using the Large JVC Spiral dot tips. They're a little difficult to get on but once they're on they offer a better seal and are more comfortable and once installed the opening is actually larger than any of the provided tips.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #2,810 of 4,796
My 2 cents. I love the LCDi4 with my Sony WM1A but I put the Cypher Labs Algorhytm Trio between them. The Trio really expands the soundstage and the music really floats in space. I also am using the Large JVC Spiral dot tips. They're a little difficult to get on but once they're on they offer a better seal and are more comfortable and once installed the opening is actually larger than any of the provided tips.
Love the spiral dots but don't like a tight seal on these, so I'm using small spiral dots. I use a medium tip with regular iems

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #2,811 of 4,796
I have been trying to find my IEM endgame for years, I had almost decided on The Phantom by Empire Ears but I wasn't completely sure. If I didn't care for it the restocking fee would be hundreds and I'd be back at square 1. Then the other week I went for a night-time stroll through the streets of Pittsburgh with my HD800S on my head. I'd been wearing them out lately because I was falling in love with the open-back sound. I've really come to love the way sounds of nature and the city blend with the music. It feels like my own personal soundtrack. And being outside makes the soundstage of an open-back feel even larger. I also feel safer knowing i'm less likely to step out into traffic and be killed by a car I didn't hear coming. But with the HD800S on my head I felt like someone was going to realize how valuable they were and take them from me by force. When i'm walking around i'm wearing over 3500.00 in gear. That night I walked by a particularly rough group of drunks in an isolated place. I was nervous. So when I got home I began my research into open- back IEM's. That didn't take too long. I knew about the iSine 10/20 but the LCDi4 had evaded my radar- probably because being open backed it was excluded from a lot of the comparision literature. The reviews were great and I knew that if I didn't at least audition them I would be haunted by them for the rest of my days. I ordered them immediately.
This is true love. I have an amazing combo. Sony WM1A --> Cypher Labs Algorhythm Trio --> LCDi4. Now if you were to walk by my house and peek in my window there's a good chance you will see me standing, eyes closed, in the middle of the room with my mouth hanging open. Don't disturb me. I'm exactly where I want to be.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #2,812 of 4,796
I have been trying to find my IEM endgame for years, I had almost decided on The Phantom by Empire Ears but I wasn't completely sure. If I didn't care for it the restocking fee would be hundreds and I'd be back at square 1. Then the other week I went for a night-time stroll through the streets of Pittsburgh with my HD800S on my head. I'd been wearing them out lately because I was falling in love with the open-back sound. I've really come to love the way sounds of nature and the city blend with the music. It feels like my own personal soundtrack. And being outside makes the soundstage of an open-back feel even larger. I also feel safer knowing i'm less likely to step out into traffic and be killed by a car I didn't hear coming. But with the HD800S on my head I felt like someone was going to realize how valuable they were and take them from me by force. When i'm walking around i'm wearing over 3500.00 in gear. That night I walked by a particularly rough group of drunks in an isolated place. I was nervous. So when I got home I began my research into open- back IEM's. That didn't take too long. I knew about the iSine 10/20 but the LCDi4 had evaded my radar- probably because being open backed it was excluded from a lot of the comparision literature. The reviews were great and I knew that if I didn't at least audition them I would be haunted by them for the rest of my days. I ordered them immediately.
This is true love. I have an amazing combo. Sony WM1A --> Cypher Labs Algorhythm Trio --> LCDi4. Now if you were to walk by my house and peek in my window there's a good chance you will see me standing, eyes closed, in the middle of the room with my mouth hanging open. Don't disturb me. I'm exactly where I want to be.

Yeah, it's crazy how good these are right? My HD800s haven been gathering dust ever since the i4s showed up.

It is strange having open-back IEMs and there are more negatives than positives to the 2-way sound leakage.

The upside though is, as you said, you can hear everything around you. It is safer when walking around.

Also, what you said about having your own personal soundtrack is so right.

It's like an aural version of augmented reality goggles.

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #2,813 of 4,796
I assumed that the was 2- way sound leakage too. But last night I did the experiment. I put the volume at where I like it and I took them off to see (I mean "hear") what other people hear. I was surprised that I couldn't hear anything at all. It really gave me some peace of mind. At my volumes nobody can hear me.

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #2,814 of 4,796
I assumed that the was 2- way sound leakage too. But last night I did the experiment. I put the volume at where I like it and I took them off to see (I mean "hear") what other people hear. I was surprised that I couldn't hear anything at all. It really gave me some peace of mind. At my volumes nobody can hear me.

Try the classic track "Wake Up," by Rage Against the Machine, while your loved one is sleeping nearby.

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #2,816 of 4,796
I'm sure these have saved many a marriage.

41Ihfjz5bHL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #2,817 of 4,796

i found the same thing, styed in hotel room with my girlfriend and was playing my i4's at regular volume and she heard nothing

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2,820 of 4,796
Yeah, it's crazy how good these are right? My HD800s haven been gathering dust ever since the i4s showed up.

It is strange having open-back IEMs and there are more negatives than positives to the 2-way sound leakage.

The upside though is, as you said, you can hear everything around you. It is safer when walking around.

Also, what you said about having your own personal soundtrack is so right.

It's like an aural version of augmented reality goggles.

I think it's insane that a pair of in-ears can compete and best many flagship full sized headphones...just goes to show how great the LCDi4's really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back