Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 18, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #2,417 of 4,796
Just got my i4s. I like them with the cipher cable then on my desktop set up (questyle cma 400i). I only really use spotify here, how can I make it sound like the cipher version?
Audeze has a .vst plugin that you can use on your desktop system called Reveal. I put the Reveal plugin into Equalizer APO so that I get it system wide. Otherwise, you can just EQ it manually using a parametric EQ or as a last resort 10 band graphical EQ.

Nov 18, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #2,418 of 4,796
How are yo guys storing these away when not in use? I'm afraid if i leave it in the leather case they will just magnetize to eachother.
Audeze reps have stated that you don't have to worry about the backs sticking to each other because of the powerful magnets. I just use the fitted insert anyway. The insert is that thing that was holding the i4 in the box when you first got it. The holder pops out of the box and fits inside the soft case.

Nov 18, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,420 of 4,796
Audeze reps have stated that you don't have to worry about the backs sticking to each other because of the powerful magnets. I just use the fitted insert anyway. The insert is that thing that was holding the i4 in the box when you first got it. The holder pops out of the box and fits inside the soft case.
Do you take the hooks on and off everytime?

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #2,421 of 4,796
If anyone is using this with a balanced silver cable from Norne (Silvergarde or Therium) or Moon Audio (Silverdragon), could you share your impressions? Of course impressions with balanced copper OCC litz cables too would be welcome.

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,422 of 4,796
How are yo guys storing these away when not in use? I'm afraid if i leave it in the leather case they will just magnetize to eachother.

I use a pelican 1010 case with pick-a-foam:

IMG-8087.JPGIMG-8086.JPG IMG-8088.JPG IMG-8089.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #2,423 of 4,796
Audeze has a .vst plugin that you can use on your desktop system called Reveal. I put the Reveal plugin into Equalizer APO so that I get it system wide. Otherwise, you can just EQ it manually using a parametric EQ or as a last resort 10 band graphical EQ.

Happen to know of a similar system-wide VST host for Mac? There's a utility app named AU Lab that hosts audio effect plugins but the Reveal app isn't showing within. Any other solutions found for routing all system output through Reveal?

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,425 of 4,796
If anyone is using this with a balanced silver cable from Norne (Silvergarde or Therium) or Moon Audio (Silverdragon), could you share your impressions? Of course impressions with balanced copper OCC litz cables too would be welcome.

Thanks.
You will find Norne Silvergarde + lcd i4 impression in first 25-50 pages of the thread. (btw from what I remember it is a very good pairing )

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,426 of 4,796
The consequences of being spoilt : I just received a notification for this Audeze B-Stock sale, and the surprising thing is i do not feel tempted by any of the items. I wonder whether I would feel the same if I had not snagged one of the LCDi4s in the recent sale... But maybe it's a good thing, that I am not tempted from the viewpoint of my poor wallet, at the very least.

On the other hand, if Audeze had included the LCD-4z, or the LCD-4 in the sale, who knows what would have happened... I'd probably be all over the sale, to the utter dismay of my wallet

To be fair, for at least a minute or so, I did linger on the EL-8 Titanium, because they mentioned that it might pair well with Apple devices, but I have been feeling too lazy to research this... Does anyone have impressions of the El-8 to share?

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,427 of 4,796
You will find Norne Silvergarde + lcd i4 impression in first 25-50 pages of the thread. (btw from what I remember it is a very good pairing )

Thanks... I am familiar with the Silvergarde S cable, as I already use one with my Hifiman He-1000, and another with my Audeze LCD-X. So far, I am happy with its performance, and have nothing to complain about. I just wanted to be sure before taking the plunge on another Norne Silver cable for the LCDi4, just because of the degree of synergy can vary from headphone to headphone...

I have not been able to scan many of the pages you have indicated yet, but I've seen a few posts in which @commtrd praises the pairing of the LCDi4 with the Norne Therium cables. I also saw a posting by @reddog on this other site in which he lists entire arsenal of accessories for the LCDi4 made up of Silvergarde S cable and a battery of extensions and connectors for various uses. I would have loved to read his impressions about how the cable actually sounds with the LCDi4, but I guess his investment in the cable and accessories should speak for itself. I am inclined to go ahead with this. I am already ordering a set of Silvergarde S cable based adapters that will enable me to repurpose my already existing He-K silvergarde S cable for use with the LCDi4 on my desktop rigs (Yggy/V281, and Metrum Onyx/Cavalli Liquid Platinum)...in balanced mode... I might also require another for more portable OTG use with my Astell & Kern Kann.

Here's my Silvergarde cable for the He-K... The included Headthrone adapters are also Silvergarde S cables, original made for the focal Elex, which I have sold. Trevor is going to reconfigure them for use with the LCDi4, and so the story goes... Sigh, it never ends, although it is also quite often the fun ride:)

Silvergarde S and headthrones_sm.png

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #2,428 of 4,796
I have an EL8 closed with cipher cable. I find they sound nice with pop and EDM. Possibly a little dark for classic rock or similar genres. They do isolate VERY well. If that is a consideration.

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #2,430 of 4,796
The consequences of being spoilt : I just received a notification for this Audeze B-Stock sale, and the surprising thing is i do not feel tempted by any of the items. I wonder whether I would feel the same if I had not snagged one of the LCDi4s in the recent sale... But maybe it's a good thing, that I am not tempted from the viewpoint of my poor wallet, at the very least.

On the other hand, if Audeze had included the LCD-4z, or the LCD-4 in the sale, who knows what would have happened... I'd probably be all over the sale, to the utter dismay of my wallet

To be fair, for at least a minute or so, I did linger on the EL-8 Titanium, because they mentioned that it might pair well with Apple devices, but I have been feeling too lazy to research this... Does anyone have impressions of the El-8 to share?

issue is quite a few of the chums are already mini show rooms of Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back