Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 28, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #2,446 of 4,798
I understand that the Spinfit CP155 can be forced on, but is there no visible obstruction? I guess I can't say that the CP155 doesn't "fit", but for me it completely muffled the sound of the LCD-i4. I'm also using the Reveal plugin, so maybe that already smooths out the trebles that the Spinfit would otherwise help with.

No! No force needed.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

People read this board, they take advice from what is posted here, they make purchasing decisions based on what they read here, so lets try and stay factually correct!

Just to make it clear, Spinfit 155 FIT Audeze LCDi4! They are major sound upgrade for very little money.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,447 of 4,798
No! No force needed.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

People read this board, they take advice from what is posted here, they make purchasing decisions based on what they read here, so lets try and stay factually correct!

Just to make it clear, Spinfit 155 FIT Audeze LCDi4! They are major sound upgrade for very little money.

I'm certainly not trying to spread misinformation. I take back my statement that the Spinfit CP155 doesn't fit, but it's definitely a tight fit no? Logically it's a 5.5 mm diameter bore stretching over a 7 mm nozzle. I can see how this might smooth out the treble, but in my own entirely subjective YMMV experience, the Spinfits very obviously muffled the sound compared to stock ribbed tips.

I'm really just trying to see if anyone else had this issue, if this is just user error on my end. Also, I am one of those people who took advice from what was posted here and bought the Spinfits, only to be disappointed. So I think a discussion is still needed to either correct my errors, or better clarify how the Spinfit CP155 tips affect the LCD-i4 sound.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,448 of 4,798
CP155 fits well and sounds better to my ears.

20181128_234638~2.jpg
20181128_235734~2.jpg

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #2,450 of 4,798
I'm certainly not trying to spread misinformation. I take back my statement that the Spinfit CP155 doesn't fit, but it's definitely a tight fit no? Logically it's a 5.5 mm diameter bore stretching over a 7 mm nozzle. I can see how this might smooth out the treble, but in my own entirely subjective YMMV experience, the Spinfits very obviously muffled the sound compared to stock ribbed tips.

I'm really just trying to see if anyone else had this issue, if this is just user error on my end. Also, I am one of those people who took advice from what was posted here and bought the Spinfits, only to be disappointed. So I think a discussion is still needed to either correct my errors, or better clarify how the Spinfit CP155 tips affect the LCD-i4 sound.

I don't think it's an error on your end. Taming the treble with narrow bore eartips, is a technique IEM users have been following for years. I believe this is exactly what you are experiencing. I like a smooth treble, so I prefer the CP155s over the stock tips. But people preferring a lively treble may prefer the stock tips over the CP155s.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #2,451 of 4,798
Using spin tips on my i4 and I dont discern a smoother treble than used the ribbed stock tips. BUT this also involves the aim of the device into ear canal as well so it's kinda hard to allocate all tonal response just to tips. I use the spin tips because they seem to work better far as fit (for me). As usual so much of this pursuit is completely subjective which leads to these forum squabbles.

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #2,452 of 4,798
It was not difficult to fit them, as others have mention and IMHO they smooth the treble, in the picture you can see the different dimension of stock vs spinfit.

Its very personal, and while in others IEMs like the U18 I use similar technique to smooth the treble peaks, I dont find it necessary in the LCDi4, they just sound so good with the cypher 2 or out of a DAC.

P1000062.jpg

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,455 of 4,798
CP155 does fit the i4. How it affects the sound depends on the listener, and is a function of several factors, including ear geometry, how far in the tip is inserted, alignment of the tip relative to ear, etc. To get the best combination of fit and sound, each person has to do some experimenting to find what works best for them.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #2,456 of 4,798
Got the Spinfit tips in M and L sizes. They absolutely fit the same as the stock tips. They're a bit longer in length than the stock tips with a narrower bore. I actually prefer the stock tips in terms of sound. As other users have reported, the Spinfit tips seem to reduce treble about 2-3 db.

I've got Spiral Dots on the way from Japan and will report back when I get them. I remember reading about someone else using them with the i4, but have no idea if they actually fit. Oh well, got a bunch of other IEMs I can use them with if they don't.

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #2,458 of 4,798
Got the Spinfit tips in M and L sizes. They absolutely fit the same as the stock tips. They're a bit longer in length than the stock tips with a narrower bore. I actually prefer the stock tips in terms of sound. As other users have reported, the Spinfit tips seem to reduce treble about 2-3 db.

I've got Spiral Dots on the way from Japan and will report back when I get them. I remember reading about someone else using them with the i4, but have no idea if they actually fit. Oh well, got a bunch of other IEMs I can use them with if they don't.
There are several iem eartips that can fit into lcdi4. Most eartips will fit easily but some needs more efforts to fit. Here are my list of eartips (from left): unique melody, sennheiser double flange, ortofon, jvc spiral dots, spinfit cp155, mee audio double flange, fitear double flange, chinese double flange and spinfit cp240 on lcdi4.
Fitear double flange has the best fit for me but I prefer spinfit cp155 as it sounds more open.
20181202_190348~2.jpg

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #2,459 of 4,798
There are several iem eartips that can fit into lcdi4. Most eartips will fit easily but some needs more efforts to fit. Here are my list of eartips (from left): unique melody, sennheiser double flange, ortofon, jvc spiral dots, spinfit cp155, mee audio double flange, fitear double flange, chinese double flange and spinfit cp240 on lcdi4.
Fitear double flange has the best fit for me but I prefer spinfit cp155 as it sounds more open.

what's the tiny little white dot near the connector does please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back