Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #421 of 6,820
Until we hear otherwise, it seems it is discontinued. The website previously said sold out the last few weeks, now it’s discontinued.
Certainly not discontinued! waiting for parts. I have instructed the wordings to be changed on the website..
I was thinking he reviewed these at same time as carbon or lcd-r and they cut the tape later.
CRBN and LCD-5 were shipped for review separately and Sankar had a pre prototype when he visited Head-fi, the review unit was shipped later

Also didn’t realise the driver is so much smaller on the LCD5.
cup size not equal to driver size! the effective area of the driver exposed to the ear remains the same.

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #425 of 6,820
Certainly not discontinued! waiting for parts. I have instructed the wordings to be changed on the website..

CRBN and LCD-5 were shipped for review separately and Sankar had a pre prototype when he visited Head-fi, the review unit was shipped later

cup size not equal to driver size! the effective area of the driver exposed to the ear remains the same.
You are the best. Thanks for clarifying so many things. Appreciate all that you do.

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #426 of 6,820
Sep 22, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #428 of 6,820
That's what he does in other reviews of new offerings. Look at the recently released Stealth review he did. He compares to other similar price closed backs. He should have done the same here.
Well, I am waiting to understand how bass light it actually sounds and how well it does vocals, given its hd650 like tuning. Above all, I probably care the most about it’s slam, dynamic impact and energy.

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #431 of 6,820
Well, I am waiting to understand how bass light it actually sounds and how well it does vocals, given its hd650 like tuning. Above all, I probably care the most about it’s slam, dynamic impact and energy.
After chatting with a couple folks directly, it sounds like they're not bass light at all. Rather, they're relatively flat in the bass region.
Tho, you'd need to EQ if you want some crazy bass cannon (which planars respond well to).... it sounds like their bass is amazing from the brief comments I've read.

Still waiting for the more in-depth impressions, but I'm getting more excited that these are actually a more "natural" take on the mids when compared to the LCD-4.

Were there some changes performed between the pre-prototype and the production version which could have led to a different sonic experience?

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #432 of 6,820
Betula, you into EQ now? 😉

Agreed. Good bass quality is more important. Can simply EQ up using Lokius if I want more quantity
I am still not very much into EQ, definitely not into software EQ. I do find it handy though on my ADI-2 to add subtle adjustments here and there to certain headphones.

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #433 of 6,820
I am still not very much into EQ, definitely not into software EQ. I do find it handy though on my ADI-2 to add subtle adjustments here and there to certain headphones.
I'm totally the opposite, I EQ everything (headphones and speakers), I even have to change EQs from different type of songs/music.

I only use software EQ, parametric EQ is way better to me than graphic eq.

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #435 of 6,820
Jude even said he’d be keeping his LCD4...

Also didn’t realise the driver is so much smaller on the LCD5.
The driver is smaller, but the actual active area exposed to the ear (the part that matters) is essentially the same surface area size.

edit: Didn't realize Kmann responded.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back