Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
May 25, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #5,311 of 6,822
Ok so I have the looser headband but was wondering if I could get it to stretch slightly. I almost stretched it flat for 2 minutes. It felt looser but not sure if it was placebo. Felt good. I tried stretching it again but this time it snapped lol. I ping Audeze for a replacement headband. Right now I'm using it without the carbon fiber headband and only the leather headband.
Be careful with the broken carbon fiber headband- it can be very sharp, among other hazards, and I recommend just using the older headband if you still have it.

May 25, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #5,312 of 6,822
Be careful with the broken carbon fiber headband- it can be very sharp, among other hazards, and I recommend just using the older headband if you still have it.
Yeah, I'm hoping i don't have shards in my eye. My neighbor cut the band for me, it was in a ventilated garage but I was trying to stay away from the dust.

May 25, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #5,313 of 6,822
Ok so I have the looser headband but was wondering if I could get it to stretch slightly. I almost stretched it flat for 2 minutes. It felt looser but not sure if it was placebo. Felt good. I tried stretching it again but this time it snapped lol. I ping Audeze for a replacement headband. Right now I'm using it without the carbon fiber headband and only the leather headband.
Yeah, carbon fiber does not deform in any meaningful way. That is one reason why it's so special. If you stretch it too far, it will break and scatter very irritating fibers.

May 25, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #5,314 of 6,822
Hey, nice side effect is that it sounds more open. Might rock them without headband for a while. I like the sound ahaha.

May 25, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #5,315 of 6,822
I would totally buy a metal headband for the LCD5. Bend it to my liking. Any DIY'ers looking for challenge?

May 25, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #5,316 of 6,822
I would totally buy a metal headband for the LCD5. Bend it to my liking. Any DIY'ers looking for challenge?
Check out audeze's Instagram

May 25, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #5,318 of 6,822
Not sure if you figured this out yet but if you want to stack PEQ on top of the convolution, disable the convolution engine entirely, do everything through the matrix pipeline.

Choose L mono .wav file for channel 1
Choose R mono .wav file for channel 2

Use overlap-add, then choose your PEQ .txt file for your low shelf for both channels (you can add your preamp adjustment in the .txt file as well) There should be a comma between the two files if you did this correctly.

Save your profile, then hit ok. Reboot HQP
Thank you! I was wondering if I was doing it right. I had the peq in Matrix. Will check it later after doing some errands.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #5,319 of 6,822
Check out audeze's Instagram
You mean this pic? You think thats a metal band ... I pinged audeze support about a replacement looser carbon fiber headband ... will ask them if they have any metal etc ...

1653518818053.png

May 25, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #5,320 of 6,822
I'm guessing its looser now? Clamp gone entirely?
LOL. Super loose haha. I actually twisted the L and R cables to create counterpoint pressure below my neck. This keeps them on with no clamp lol ... It has a more open sound ... I actually like it ... so I dont think the high clamp force is needed to keep a certain FR ...

Attachments

• IMG-0267.jpg
    IMG-0267.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #5,321 of 6,822
You mean this pic? You think thats a metal band ... I pinged audeze support about a replacement looser carbon fiber headband ... will ask them if they have any metal etc ...

1653518818053.png
There's other pics that show more detail in the headband. For all I know this is just a prototype, but Audeze put a date on one of their pics, so it makes me think it's a new release.

May 25, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #5,323 of 6,822
Just curious if you guys were charged for the looser headband by Audeze or you paid for shipping etc. Thanks

May 25, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #5,324 of 6,822
Is it a LCD-X or something? The ring/housing looks all black too.

My guess is MX5, i.e., the X diaphragm with the 5's magnet array.

May 25, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #5,325 of 6,822
Is it a LCD-X or something? The ring/housing looks all black too.
My Guess is it will be the equivalent to an LCD-MX5, but I bet they call it something else. It will be a cheaper LCD-5 but with the thicker membrane diaphragm found in the LCD-X and MX4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back