Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #3,586 of 6,828
What's your support ticket number? I definitely would've been on that.

In other news, I also received my LCD-5 (gotta get acquainted with products for work).

Sounds amazing man! Just using a "lowly" Modius/Jotunheim 2, so my experience won't be what some of you guys think is necessary. I don't care though, I think it sounds just excellent with this gear. So unless ya'll wanna send me some high end source and amp, this is what I got (Asgard 3 coming in this week for bedside setup). :p
I dont have one. After i registered my lcd-5, i got a confirmation email and at the bottom it said to reply to the email if there are any issues so i emailed back support@audeze.com

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #3,587 of 6,828
I dont have one. After i registered my lcd-5, i got a confirmation email and at the bottom it said to reply to the email if there are any issues so i emailed back support@audeze.com
Please check again, because we definitely would've seen your email by now. Can you send another? Label it "Attention Christian, Shafat from Headfi". Just wanna see that we can get it.

support@audeze.com

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,588 of 6,828
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #3,589 of 6,828
I've sent you a private message as (@Audeze), as your emails aren't showing up for some reason.

Note: I'm about to clock out, so if the guys overnight don't get to you, I will certainly continue in the morning.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #3,590 of 6,828
I've sent you a private message as (@Audeze), as your emails aren't showing up for some reason.

Note: I'm about to clock out, so if the guys overnight don't get to you, I will certainly continue in the morning.
Thank you for such quick response. I have received an email confirmation regarding the matter.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #3,591 of 6,828
After reading some additional reviews, it seems that the LCD-5 is probably the most balanced TOTL across most attributes -- except for details/transparency, seems to be one of the best there, period.

And it also seems to not try to be as flashy in its presentation, but rather tries to honestly present true to source (with still a hint of Audeze warmth).

If this is the gist, I think I made the right choice for a TOTL to complement the VC.

The 3D imaging that people keep mentioning would be really cool to test with gaming too. :)

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,592 of 6,828
Pulled the trigger on the LCD-5 so that I'm in the January batch. I wonder when they'll start shipping them out [read: I'm stoked and can't wait to get them on my head!]
I payed for mine on November 24th for the December batch. Audeze said they were going to make them this week and start shipping some out in early January. No ETA though.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #3,595 of 6,828
Dec 29, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #3,596 of 6,828
Roon integrates very well with Apple as well as continuously watching for new files.
May I know how this integration works?

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #3,597 of 6,828
I've not tried it with Apple, but I've integrated Tidal with Roon.

Essentially, you login to your [Apple] account thru the Roon app to grant it permissions, and this then enables the service thru Roon.

You can adjust preferences, but Roon will then "merge" your library with the selection available on Apple, and let you select which version to play. Makes things real convenient.

Note: I'm assuming the process is the same as Tidal

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #3,598 of 6,828

Essentially, you login to your [Apple] account thru the Roon app to grant it permissions, and this then enables the service thru Roon.

You can adjust preferences, but Roon will then "merge" your library with the selection available on Apple, and let you select which version to play. Makes things real convenient.

Basically as @sp33ls explained.
Here is how Roon explains it in a simply term taken from Google;

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.53.45 PM.png

Below is a snapshot of the Roon 'storage' setting where Roon watches my folders that I've added to integrate with my Roon library.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.54.45 PM.png

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #3,599 of 6,828
I imagine most on this thread would recommend the LCD-5 over the D8k Pro.
That was to be my next comparison video after the LCD-5 vs. Susvaras. I still plan to make that.

You can't log in to your Apple account in Roon. There isn't any integration like there is with Qobuz or TIDAL. What you can do is import your iTunes playlists and library. Edit: Described above.

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #3,600 of 6,828

I already have Tidal and Qobuz integrated into Roon. as well as ripped local files that were in my old i-Tunes (and are now stored on my NAS). I can't see any Apple music choice in the selectable service options I am offered in Roon, which is why I am asking :

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back