Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Dec 27, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #3,541 of 6,828
I don't know if this comment, from @jlbrach, was made here or on another forum. To paraphrase: 'The last hp I listened to was my favotite!'
I know we both have the LCD-5, Sus and T+A P and I think he may be right. They are all very good and it is hard to call one 'the best' on any given day of listening.
Not a problem, just an observation.
yes I think I said that recently and each day I reinforce it lol

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #3,542 of 6,828
The way you point this out, makes it all the more hilarious.

True.
I have to say I laughed reading this, audeze makes a ton more money selling direct so obviously they would rather do so but obviously also their reach is great enough to sell only direct

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #3,543 of 6,828
Well if the new batch of LCD-5s Audeze is making now will have the newer, less clampy headband on it then it will actually be beneficial to wait longer for mine.

That is of course if Audeze is going to do that, given that many people are complaining that the origional is to tight.

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #3,544 of 6,828
Too my knowledge no one has said the new headband will become stock. If you get the stock headband then you can request the new one. Having a choice is a good thing!

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,545 of 6,828
I believe the new low clamp headband will be the default in the future, below is directly quoted from KMann at Post #3,252:

The idea is at some point in the very near future we will switch to the new band and that will be universal going forward, since we have relatively few now, we have not been able to switch yet. At that point we will be able to provide more information, and once we have inventory of more headbands, we will announce it so those who wish can swap. Sorry again for this inconvenience.

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #3,547 of 6,828
Well if the new batch of LCD-5s Audeze is making now will have the newer, less clampy headband on it then it will actually be beneficial to wait longer for mine.

That is of course if Audeze is going to do that, given that many people are complaining that the origional is to tight.
Audeze are not requesting (or did not) for me to return the existing headband. It’s an honesty system I suppose that early adopters request it if they genuinely want to. As it’s a cost Audeze bears.

I have been very happy with the Audeze LCD5 and customer service. Happy first early adopter (I received the first shipment from my dealer)

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #3,548 of 6,828
@Slim1970 Are these just hyper-revealing or is my pair broken? since straight out of Dave i can hear tons of artifacts in songs. For example The-Czars Angel Eyes sounds like a clipping fest to me. With and without @Resolve 's EQ. Same with Band of Horses- The Funeral , you can hear clicks and pops, but no apparent distortion. Both on Qobuz.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #3,549 of 6,828
@Slim1970 Are these just hyper-revealing or is my pair broken? since straight out of Dave i can hear tons of artifacts in songs. For example The-Czars Angel Eyes sounds like a clipping fest to me. With and without @Resolve 's EQ. Same with Band of Horses- The Funeral , you can hear clicks and pops, but no apparent distortion. Both on Qobuz.
The LCD-5's are very revealing headphones. Straight out of the Dave, I don't doubt that you are hearing everything in the track. Have you tried a different streaming service? I get a lot details when I listen to the LCD-5's on the Dave, but no clicks or pops.

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #3,550 of 6,828
The LCD-5's are very revealing headphones. Straight out of the Dave, I don't doubt that you are hearing everything in the track. Have you tried a different streaming service? I get a lot details when I listen to the LCD-5's on the Dave, but no clicks or pops.
Well what else is there? Tidal is terrible. Running qobuz via Roon. I don't get it all the time, only on specific tracks at specific times. It's only a click or pop at a certain time in the track, on other tracks you can hear some resonances at specific times, and it's only there with the LCD-5, not the Z1R. It's definitely not a chain/track issue.

Dec 28, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,552 of 6,828
Well what else is there? Tidal is terrible. Running qobuz via Roon. I don't get it all the time, only on specific tracks at specific times. It's only a click or pop at a certain time in the track, on other tracks you can hear some resonances at specific times, and it's only there with the LCD-5, not the Z1R. It's definitely not a chain/track issue.
Apple Lossless is outstanding. It’s become my favorite way to stream music especially if your an Apple user.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the clicking issue with my LCD-5’s. I also don’t have any resonances in the ear cups of the LCD-5’s. It might be time reach out to Audeze support to check your drivers and headphones in general.

Dec 28, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,554 of 6,828
I have Tidal and Amazon HD. I will try these tonight after work. Can you provide timestamps?

Dec 28, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #3,555 of 6,828
The-Czars Angel Eyes - 3:14 - guitar in right channel has artifacts on both Tidal and Qobuz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back