Audeze LCD-4
Jun 26, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #9,391 of 11,994
Same experience here. LCD2f<LCD-X<LCD-4. The only problem I have encountered has been the desire to spend more on Audeze headphones. I AM WAITING ON YOU LCD-5!:deadhorse:
Am receiving a 2021 LCD-X and a late 2020 LCD-4 soon.
Will be interesting to see how they compare, before even thinking of the NEXT LEVEL (there always is one in this game of no end-game in sight after 8 years of hunting for 'The One').
Abyss 1266 and SR-1 both look utterly ridiculous though I think I'd at least give SR-1 a try...a wearable mids/treble tweeter

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #9,392 of 11,994
Every iteration of LCD has had at least a driver failure. LCD-2, LCD-3 both had multiple. Audeze has shockingly responsive Customer Service and just as shockingly horrific quality control.

Seamon, you're being a coward not providing context as to your bad experience with JPS.

TC simply outperforms the LCD-4 to such a high degree it renders it irrelevant aside from the tradition of hacky production 10+ years later. Kind of crazy.

Jun 27, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #9,395 of 11,994
I’ve been enjoying my LCD3 headphones for a while but in swapping back to my LCD4 headphones the sound is glorious. The Danacable Lazuli Nirvana cable is a good sounding cable but is as costly as the LCD4 headphones. My Moon 430 ha runs the LCD4 headphones nicely.

Jul 19, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #9,396 of 11,994
Hi guys (sorry about my English)

I was in the process of replacing pads in my Lcd-4s. It's not a clean affair since the pads are glued to a black felp, wich in turn glues to the driver. I am clumsy with manual labor and ended destroying completely the black felp. The only thing left to do was to remove the remainings of said black felp and instaling the pads directly on the metalic exterior of the driver.

The sound changed but not in a bad way. Highs are now more present and vivid. I am debating with myself if it is worthwhile to send the headphones to Audeze for proper instalation of the pads. ¿Any one with the same experience?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #9,397 of 11,994
Szia srácok (sajnálom az angol nyelvemet)

Folyamatosan cseréltem a párnákat az LCD-4-eseimen. Ez nem tiszta ügy, mivel a párnákat fekete felpapírra ragasztják, amelyek viszont a sofőrre ragadnak. Ügyetlen vagyok a kétkezi munkával, és teljesen elpusztítottam a fekete felpét. Csak annyit kellett tennie, hogy eltávolította az említett fekete felp maradványokat, és a párnákat közvetlenül a vezető fém külsejére szerelte.

A hang megváltozott, de nem rossz értelemben. A magasságok ma már inkább jelen vannak és élénkebbek. Magamban vitázom, érdemes-e a fejhallgatót elküldeni az Audeze-nek a betétek megfelelő felszereléséhez. ¿Valaki ugyanolyan tapasztalattal rendelkezik?
Szia én meg tudom csinálni de messze vagy tőlem.

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #9,398 of 11,994

I was in the process of replacing pads in my Lcd-4s. It's not a clean affair since the pads are glued to a black felp, wich in turn glues to the driver. I am clumsy with manual labor and ended destroying completely the black felp. The only thing left to do was to remove the remainings of said black felp and instaling the pads directly on the metalic exterior of the driver.

The sound changed but not in a bad way. Highs are now more present and vivid. I am debating with myself if it is worthwhile to send the headphones to Audeze for proper instalation of the pads. ¿Any one with the same experience?
The felt is there to allow air pressure to dissipate. By directly attaching to the driver housing without felt, you are risking your driver membrane with the air pressure spikes when you put on, move, or take off your phones. I would suggest sending them in. The membranes are incredibly thin.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #9,399 of 11,994

Please contact us at support@audeze.com to see if we can help you in this regard.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 20, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #9,400 of 11,994
Anyone heard LCD-R yet?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #9,401 of 11,994
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #9,402 of 11,994
I know. They made several dozens and that’s about it. Just wondering what those ribbons sounds like? Perhaps that’s part of a new path Audeze will take in the near future?

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #9,403 of 11,994
I know. They made several dozens and that’s about it. Just wondering what those ribbons sounds like? Perhaps that’s part of a new path Audeze will take in the near future?
I’m sure in the next few weeks we will hear all about how how it sounds as people get their orders.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #9,404 of 11,994
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #9,405 of 11,994
You would certainly think that if all seems to go well that there will be more made...makes no since to spend on R&D to only produce 67 units for sale.
I am definitely on the stay tuned wagon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back