Audeze LCD-4
Jul 23, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #9,421 of 11,989
Ok the LS is your stat reference. So no Omega/007/009 experience? I don't find Voce a very good headphone.

Would you equate the LCD-R stage presentation more similar to a Utopia considering the use of intimate?

As well, it's not clear as to what are you driving your dynamic/planar references with?
Unfortunately.. went to can jam so cal with the sole purpose of hoping to hear 007mk2/009s but didn’t find any.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #9,422 of 11,989
The most impressive headphone I’ve heard so far is Voce on BHSE Dave macaler.
One of the worst headphones I’ve heard so far was also the Voce on a Hifiman energizer.
The chain matters a lot for the Voce.

Stage on LCD-R (on jotenheim) is closer to 6xx stage than Utopia. But imagine a 6xx that actually sounds really good.

I do have several chains but my main chain for headphones is Holo May L2 + pass labs Aleph P + Moon 430HA
The chain matters a lot for every headphone. Especially for those in stat-land.

And you use the SRD-7 energizer for your electrostat drive, yes.

Staging framed makes sense. I'd hoped perhaps for a little more HEDD than x but these are the concessions made.

It will be interesting to hear how the RAAL circumaural also presents itself.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #9,423 of 11,989
The chain matters a lot for every headphone. Especially for those in stat-land.

And you use the SRD-7 energizer for your electrostat drive, yes.

Staging framed makes sense. I'd hoped perhaps for a little more HEDD than x but these are the concessions made.

It will be interesting to hear how the RAAL circumaural also presents itself.
Srd-7 for now. Bhse is next on my list.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #9,424 of 11,989
Ok the LS is your stat reference. So no Omega/007/009 experience? I don't find Voce a very good headphone.

Would you equate the LCD-R stage presentation more similar to a Utopia considering the use of intimate?

As well, it's not clear as to what are you driving your dynamic/planar references with?
Voce isn’t bad. It’s just different.

I dunno I kinda like it when I heard it out of blue Hawaii but not enough

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #9,425 of 11,989

Which dac did you hear it with?
i was completely blown away by the huge and accurate stage, and really (yes really) felt like I was ‘there’ at a concert.
Tonality was bad on that chain, no bass but I didn’t care.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #9,426 of 11,989
Which dac did you hear it with?
i was completely blown away by the huge and accurate stage, and really (yes really) felt like I was ‘there’ at a concert.
Tonality was bad on that chain, no bass but I didn’t care.

Yggdrasil

I don’t own Yggdrasil or Voce.

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #9,428 of 11,989

Oh, but not enough. Ha.

Voce isn't a good headphone.

My reference, however, consists of Omega/007/009 with DIY T2, to be fair, to be clear.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #9,432 of 11,989
Fairly certain at this point that I will be narrowing my collection down to around 3-5 headphones (counting over ears only)

I want an intimate + lively
Mid size stage + good all-rounder
XL stage

right now lcd-r is the best intimate headphone I have heard.
Susvara is the best mid size stage I have heard
And Voce is by far the best XL stage I’ve heard so far.

have a feeling 009s might compete with lcd-r for intimate stage, but no clue really. I haven’t heard anything else besides lcd-r that was intimate that I actually liked. (My normal preference is very large stages) Will be fun to find out.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #9,433 of 11,989
Just as a counter point, I have the Voce and BHSE, spent a day comparing with 009. I really didn't care for the 009. Friend that brought it over loved it. It was certainly very detailed and fast. But for me, it was too analytical. I just like how the Voce presents the music. Just goes to show personal preference makes a big difference.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #9,434 of 11,989
Just as a counter point, I have the Voce and BHSE, spent a day comparing with 009. I really didn't care for the 009. Friend that brought it over loved it. It was certainly very detailed and fast. But for me, it was too analytical. I just like how the Voce presents the music. Just goes to show personal preference makes a big difference.
Yes. Agree. Preference plays a huge role and large/realistic stage is my main preference.

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #9,435 of 11,989
hi, did anyone buy new audeze pads and use them with their lcd4, is it easy to replace lcd4 pads, i think i read someone here had issues replacing lcd4 pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back