Audeze LCD-4
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #9,376 of 11,994
Not sharing everything on Headfi but I def am not comfortable with being their customer again.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #9,377 of 11,994
All you gotta say is I got a bad TC or I had issues with customer service. That’s actually info that can help buyers in the future.

I can tell you after paying a ridiculous amount to repair my LCD X I’m not buying Audeze second hand because I don’t trust the drivers

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #9,378 of 11,994
All you gotta say is I got a bad TC or I had issues with customer service. That’s actually info that can help buyers in the future.

I can tell you after paying a ridiculous amount to repair my LCD X I’m not buying Audeze second hand because I don’t trust the drivers
Understandable. Audeze Support is legendary. They are one of the most helpful in the industry. I have never had a driver failure personally and I have owned a pair of LCD 2, LCD 3 and 2 pairs of LCD 4. Also Audeze has infinite level Warranty Transfers while Abyss restricts it to 1 transfer.
Everytime I have interacted with Audeze, they have been extremely helpful and honest unlike some companies I know.

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #9,379 of 11,994
Understandable. Audeze Support is legendary. They are one of the most helpful in the industry. I have never had a driver failure personally and I have owned a pair of LCD 2, LCD 3 and 2 pairs of LCD 4. Also Audeze has infinite level Warranty Transfers while Abyss restricts it to 1 transfer.
Everytime I have interacted with Audeze, they have been extremely helpful and honest unlike some companies I know.
A year or maybe a year and a half ago I had to pay for driver in my lcd x.

I had all the information from the previous owner and wasn’t allowed a free driver repair. I had the paper with the seal and the signature of manufacture. they asked to see my receipt which I didn’t have because I wasn’t the first owner. So as far as infinite transfers that’s gotta be a newish policy.

I didn’t get the nice treatment.

I paid $580 dollars to repair the driver. Which is beside the point anyway. I was just curious why you had issues with abyss.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #9,380 of 11,994
I think they just need to know that initial purchase came from an authorized dealer.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #9,381 of 11,994
I think they just need to know that initial purchase came from an authorized dealer.
Yes especially because I think they had an incident a few years ago where a bunch of LCDs were stolen.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #9,382 of 11,994
They know the serial # of the stolen units. They should know what dealer received that unit initially.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #9,383 of 11,994
I had a LCD3 driver failure at 3 1/2 years. Second owner. No receipt. Contacted Audeze and explained what happened, they repaired for free. I only had to pay to ship it back to them. My experience anyway.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #9,384 of 11,994
audeze customer service is shockingly good..I have had similar interactions with them over the years...

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #9,385 of 11,994
I’ve had nothing but good luck with Audeze customer service. From cable exchanges to driver replacements, to other updates and upgrades, they’ve done them all with no questions asked. Audeze is one of the best when it comes to supporting their products.

Jun 25, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #9,386 of 11,994
I never did get to test Audeze customer service because none of my previous LCD-2f, LCD-3f x 2, LCD-X failed. :wink: What a disappointment. I could not test Audeze customer service. :ksc75smile:

LCD4 is with me 3 months now. They sound like speakers when amply amplified. Pardon using the word amp a bit too much. :ksc75smile: The sound is full, there's chunks of muscles to the bones. There's weight. These are not skinny sized models. There's curves in all the right places.

So this is my listening station. I find LCD4 sound best driven by Destiny. That's my golden front panel 300b McChanson amp. This amp also drives either the Axis Voicebox S monitors or Boston Acoustics VR-2 really well. Someday I'll crowd fund for a better pair of floor standers but these Boston are shockingly good. Paid $300 for them from my friend and I question why the LCD4 cost $6200. I enjoy listening to both just as much. That's just the way it is with this hobby. Some expensive stuff sound out of this world and then there are some inexpensive gems that can sound great too. With speakers though, room acoustics is important. For the life of me that I don't understand, these Bostons sound great in that position. I was going to donate them to the Smith family but I think I will hold onto them longer. :)

There's another pairing in there that I really love. That's Oblivion driving He1000se. Such clarity, details, airiness and openness. I was going to write more about this combination but this is the LCD4 thread. :jecklinsmile:

IMG_2589.jpg

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #9,387 of 11,994
Same experience here. LCD2f<LCD-X<LCD-4. The only problem I have encountered has been the desire to spend more on Audeze headphones. I AM WAITING ON YOU LCD-5!:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #9,389 of 11,994
A year or maybe a year and a half ago I had to pay for driver in my lcd x.

I had all the information from the previous owner and wasn’t allowed a free driver repair. I had the paper with the seal and the signature of manufacture. they asked to see my receipt which I didn’t have because I wasn’t the first owner. So as far as infinite transfers that’s gotta be a newish policy.

I didn’t get the nice treatment.

I paid $580 dollars to repair the driver. Which is beside the point anyway. I was just curious why you had issues with abyss.
Had 2 driver failures and one Lcd4 wood cracking under the laquer…hundreds of visible mini cracks. Audeze Customer Service is very good but I paid for one driver replacement( I live in New Zealand…expensive posting both ways) and had to fight to get the other two issues repaired under warranty. So there’s an inconsistency who gets preferential treatment and who doesn’t get it, especially when it’s an out of warranty repair. Still, they are very responsive and try to fix the problems.
Had 3 Lcd4 and then a few of the 2 and 3 models and I sometimes miss them but it’s too much hassle for me if something goes wrong.

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #9,390 of 11,994
I have never had a driver failure with LCD-3 Pre-Fazor (Some of the best mids ever, smooth as milk chocolate) and LCD-4
I bought both used and both have been solid as a rock. Before I bought either I contacted Audeze support with the serial number to see if there had been any issues with either headphone and they were extremely helpful and responded back to me in a day or two.

I have been listening to them this past week with this combo and the performance is stellar. I love the meaty sound of the LCD-4 :)
LCD.jpg

Amp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back