1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
Next

Last
  1. Shembot

Whoa, I wonder what that is. 

2. NZtechfreak
    Not a fan of gold things particularly. That's a significant regression looks wise for me, but I'm sure someone will want it.

3. moopster
    This seems to be the sound of movement of the driver's diaphragm when there is a sudden change in air pressure within the ear cup.  Pushing the phones toward your head when the pads are completely seated can cause this, and you may feel the change in pressure on your eardrums. This seal is important to the bass response. Your ear provides one side of the seal and the diaphragm seals the other side, so movement causes the material of the diaphragm to crinkle.  Some dynamic drivers do this, also some in-ear monitors.

P4UL likes this.
  4. bmichels

Lucky you.[​IMG]  I wish I could stand the weight of the LCDs and enjoy their sound like you do, but... I have always found the LCD too UNconfortable to be able to enjoy them despite their very good sound.  I sold my LCD-X for this reason despite the fact that I likes it's sound (I even bought the "large headband" designed by a headfier, but it did not helped a lot).

Am I the only one with this (UN)confort problem ??? [​IMG]

5. RCBinTN

I would be interested in your comparison of the HE-X and LCD-X since the prices are very similar.
    Thanks, and sorry if this is a redundant request.

6. Barra

The comfort difference is stark between my LCD2.2 and my HD700 or the Ether. However, the SQ is unique making it worth the effort. For what it is worth, at the Seattle meet a couple weekends ago, I put on a local member's LCD and it was as comfortable as hell. Too a second look at it and it had some sort of strap inside the headband that made it sit perfect on my head feeling weightless. That setup compares to my HD700 and the Ether in comfort to my surprise. Needless to say, I found out where he got it and ordered one. Problem solved.

For $39, it is a no brainer - I assume that it would work for the new LCD4 headband as well, but I would ask first. While the 4 is more comfortable than my 2, it is not as comfortable as the LCD2 with a strap. Can you see it in this picture - it is not ugly as I pictured something like this would be? For anyone that cares - http://www.head-fi.org/t/766559/head-cushion-strap-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp

IMG_1476.jpg

7. MacedonianHero Contributor

The Hugo TT can get the LCD-4s damn loud...too loud to listen to actually, so I wouldn't worry about head-room.

8. dubliners
    how does the spore4 improve lcd4 and he1000's sound. Is it better on he1000 or lcd4?

9. dubliners
    Best cable for audeze?

10. Viper2005
    I love Q-Cables for all my Audezes  :wink: 
    They don't change the sound, and they are so light, ergonomic, and have zero microphonics.

11. prismstorm
    This is disconcerting, and very discouraging to prospective LCD-4 buyers....

I thought Audeze traced the LCD-3 failures to some defective films previous and has since changed suppliers, meaning the new LCD-4s should be free of this plight...

12. potkettleblack

Do you know what page this quote is about the LCD4 failure? I can't find it.

13. prismstorm

My post was made in reference to the post below, located on page 133.  

Quote:

potkettleblack likes this.
  14. NZtechfreak

It was in the 2-3 pages.

EDIT: Yep, post 1981. Easiest way to find it, like most things, is not via Head-Fi internal search, but via Google search plugging your search query and then the thread url after "site:".

potkettleblack likes this.
  15. potkettleblack
    Can you explain what happened? One side just go, or both?

First

Back
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
Next

Last