1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
Next

Last
  1. wdh777

I don't I went in last week looking like a bum in shorts and they were great. I'm going back to listen to a chord Hugo tt. Maybe it was because I came in on a weekday early so no one was there but it seemed fine to me.

2. goldendarko
    For 4K it ought to be lifetime warranty.

3. NZtechfreak

I think you could make a case for that. Certainly a very long or lifetime warranty would make a lot more people comfortable to outlay the kind of money being asked for here.

4. MacedonianHero Contributor

Sure it can in my experiences! Compares very nicely with my GS-X Mk2 and the LCD-4s. The TT played the LCD-4s very well, plenty loud (and still had a good amount of headroom left).

5. MacedonianHero Contributor

I do think the LCD-4s sounded a tad better and open (and a bit more authoritative) with the GS-X Mk2, but still, plenty good straight out of my Hugo TT.

6. isquirrel
    I love my LCD-4's, sold all of my other headphones due to lack of use. 

7. NZtechfreak

I expect I'll do the same when I get the LCD-4, keeping only a closed pair to complement them (my Ether C probably leading the pack there so far).

8. P4UL
    Had anyone else noticed that when you put on and take off the headphones, that you get a "crunchy plastic sound"? Almost like the film is being pulled due the the suction of the cups? It can be replicated on mine by pressing the cups into my head and letting the pads push the cups back off. I found this when testing the clearance of the fazors to my ears. It also happens when I adjust them on my head. When playing music you can't notice it at all. When the background is black I notice it even when I shift my head back and forth. Just want to make sure its not an issue with my headphones.

9. Shembot

If this is what I think it is, it's normal. It doesn't sound like a crunchy plastic sound to me...it sounds like what it probably is, movement of the sensitive nano-scale diaphragm. If you gently shake the headphone you can hear some movement in there. I don't think it's a problem, certainly not when listening.

10. Vanquisher
    That happens to me on my LCD3s and XCs. I believe that its normal.

11. P4UL
    Okay awesome just making sure, I didn't remember that from my LCD-2.

12. goldendarko
    Anyone have any different phone numbers for Audeze? The one on their website no one ever answers and they haven't responded to any of my e-mails in 3 days.

13. Jones Bob

Its called a Stax fart elsewhere.

14. wdh777

Thanks. I'm considering trading in my Marantz HD-Dac1 and Audeze LCD-3 for a chord Hugo tt and Audeze lcd-4. When I use my Marantz I set it on medium gain and with the lcd 3's generally have the volume at 25% and by 50% it's almost too loud to listen to. I know the chord doesn't have a gain control and someone mentioned the volume is digital or something like that so a gain control is not necessary? When you use the LCD-4s with the Hugo tt on a stand alone basis how would you describe the volume? I know it uses a lighting spectrum but within the lighting spectrum are you similarly at 25-50% or are you basically maxing it out when you listen to it. Thanks for the feedback!!

15. mlxx
    Hmmm, gold one... https://www.instagram.com/p/y0Sh3nGAVu/

First

Back
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
Next

Last