Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #4,519 of 7,334
So I ended up pulling the trigger on these, they just arrived 20 minutes ago, so far I'm very impressed.

Enjoy ! I still loved the 2C over closed backs. Practicality meant I had to go for closed ones at least for now.
My friend who is son of a drummer who used to do jamming sessions with Hendrix in London in 60s said best drumming he had ever heard off headphones...could not get them off his head after they went on..haha.

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #4,520 of 7,334
Considering between LCD2 and Hifiman Ananda, but I'm afraid I will go for the latter one since it's easier to drive.

LCD2C/CB only really need about 500mWatts per channel to get rolling now.
Way easier to drive than the likes of the old 2.1.

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #4,523 of 7,334
I had the Ananda for a week and it was tricky to drive, they require a lot of current and some amps cannot handle that. The LCD-2C are easier to pair. As per the sound I liked more the Ananda.
Are you sure it was the Ananda that was hard to drive? Could it have been the Arya? I have the Sundara, that is harder than the Ananda to drive and I can use it directly on my iPad if I need to. Ananda is supposed to be the easiest in the lineup to drive.

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #4,524 of 7,334
Are you sure it was the Ananda that was hard to drive? Could it have been the Arya? I have the Sundara, that is harder than the Ananda to drive and I can use it directly on my iPad if I need to. Ananda is supposed to be the easiest in the lineup to drive.
Yep, I'm sure, here are my impressions https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hif...tock-and-loaner-program.882901/#post-14411927, at low volumes they sounded fine with most amps, but when you start to increase the volume you get a lot of distortion. I don't have an iPad though but I got a lot of variability trying different amps.

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #4,525 of 7,334
It is common knowledge how well Audeze headphones scale/improve with better system components, but the level of improvement with the Chord Qutest surprised me once again. I have never heard such refinement, clarity, detail and soundstage from the 2C before. Pretty impressive.

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #4,526 of 7,334
I have been hunting for new albums/artists and after running through 20+ albums I have finally found a new rare gem. Listening in 1600kbps FLAC atm.
This YouTube link is just a bad quality taster, support the artist if you can. I think he deserves it. Just checked out that he is Norwegian. Soooo much good music comes from Scandinavia, unbelievable. (Röyksopp, Björk, Emiliana Torrini, The Knife, Karin Dreijer Anderson, Carbon Based Life Forms, Sync24, Solar Fields, Vibrasphere, and now this gentleman, Jon Hopkins.)
I think he really puts something new and authentic on the table. Nevertheless this music sounds just sublime on the 2C.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #4,528 of 7,334
I have been hunting for new albums/artists and after running through 20+ albums I have finally found a new rare gem. Listening in 1600kbps FLAC atm.
This YouTube link is just a bad quality taster, support the artist if you can. I think he deserves it. Just checked out that he is Norwegian. Soooo much good music comes from Scandinavia, unbelievable. (Röyksopp, Björk, Emiliana Torrini, The Knife, Karin Dreijer Anderson, Carbon Based Life Forms, Sync24, Solar Fields, Vibrasphere, and now this gentleman, Jon Hopkins.)
I think he really puts something new and authentic on the table. Nevertheless this music sounds just sublime on the 2C.

Try Tool. Bass guitars and drums are awesome. Mixing excellent. Dynamic range huge. Lots of great songs. I used Tool to compare how bass guitar notes sound on my 2C vs. 6xx. It was easily clear that the 2C was the winner for better resolution and impact.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #4,529 of 7,334
Try Tool. Bass guitars and drums are awesome. Mixing excellent. Dynamic range huge. Lots of great songs. I used Tool to compare how bass guitar notes sound on my 2C vs. 6xx. It was easily clear that the 2C was the winner for better resolution and impact.
Thanks, I have just checked out 10.000 Days. It is not really for me. The recording quality is quite good though.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #4,530 of 7,334
One thing people not often talk about enough is comfort, if you can handle the weight of the LCDs they are very comfy. No part of the ear touch anywhere on the 2C for me, something that is happening on most popular models here on head-fi. So big thumbs up for this :thumbsup:

I can not find any music I don't like played with the 2C, it handles everything good. But this differs from people to people, the slightly rolled of treble just makes music more relaxing and listenable for me atleast.

This song under can often be to piercing because of the trumpet, and the bass can be too subtle. But not here on the LCD2C it sound close to my living room speakers, just lovely. Clearly a keeper for my longtime collection, aslong as this is not first week romance :heart_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back