Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #4,531 of 7,334
One thing people not often talk about enough is comfort, if you can handle the weight of the LCDs they are very comfy. No part of the ear touch anywhere on the 2C for me, something that is happening on most popular models here on head-fi. So big thumbs up for this :thumbsup:

I can not find any music I don't like played with the 2C, it handles everything good. But this differs from people to people, the slightly rolled of treble just makes music more relaxing and listenable for me atleast.

This song under can often be to piercing because of the trumpet, and the bass can be too subtle. But not here on the LCD2C it sound close to my living room speakers, just lovely. Clearly a keeper for my longtime collection, aslong as this is not first week romance :heart_eyes:

Nice track.

You are right, the 2C is the perfect spot between neutrality, easy-listening, bass performance, resolution, smoothness. Sure, some $1000+ headphones have higher resolution but that often actually takes away from the musical enjoyment. Also, Audeze still offers the best bass performance in the industry.

You are also right regarding comfort. These huge memory foam earpads hug your ears like a cloud. I enjoy the spaciousness of the earcups too. Also, the 2C is actually the lightest LCD. In the first 2-3 weeks I had to force myself to get used to the weight but now I can't even feel it. While the Nighthawk was weightless on my head and the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried, compared to the 2C now they look, feel and sound like a toy.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #4,532 of 7,334
I have been hunting for new albums/artists and after running through 20+ albums I have finally found a new rare gem. Listening in 1600kbps FLAC atm.
This YouTube link is just a bad quality taster, support the artist if you can. I think he deserves it. Just checked out that he is Norwegian. Soooo much good music comes from Scandinavia, unbelievable. (Röyksopp, Björk, Emiliana Torrini, The Knife, Karin Dreijer Anderson, Carbon Based Life Forms, Sync24, Solar Fields, Vibrasphere, and now this gentleman, Jon Hopkins.)
I think he really puts something new and authentic on the table. Nevertheless this music sounds just sublime on the 2C.

I would like to get my hands on your playlists, if you want to share i got Qobuz and tidal. PLEASE?!?!!!!! Im from Finland and those artists speak to my soul too....

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #4,533 of 7,334
I would like to get my hands on your playlists, if you want to share i got Qobuz and tidal. PLEASE?!?!!!!! Im from Finland and those artists speak to my too....
I have just updated my Head-Fi profile page with my music preference mentioning a lot of bands. Have a look. :wink:

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #4,534 of 7,334
I have just updated my Head-Fi profile page with my music preference mentioning a lot of bands. Have a look. :wink:
THNX!!!! Oh my, now i got something new to listen my arriving Audio-GD NFB 28.28 amp and LCD 2C :D I cant wait.

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #4,536 of 7,334
Will do.

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #4,539 of 7,334
Id say yes, you will have fun with them.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #4,540 of 7,334
Hi all.
I now have Beyerdynamic 990 PRO and soon buy LCD2C, are LCD2C better for all parameters?
Compared to the 990s the LCD2C is much fuller sound. I have a dt990 and it's very good in the high and mid highs but lacking a bit in bass for my taste. My LCD2C is much more of a dark sounding headphone. More bass and mid bass buy it's very detailed as well. Depending on the music you like to listen to its a very good headphone and should out class the dt990 in pretty much all aspects apart from highs. That's just my opinion, others may disagree.

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #4,541 of 7,334
Would be very interested to hear if anyone has had driver failures with the LCD 2C?

I have read about problems with other models, so overall not looking too great, although at the same time I have read very little about problems with LCD 2C. Maybe Audeze have done something which has significantly improved driver reliability with the Classic?

To me this is a major issue as although they sound very good, they won't sound very good at all if they break, I know they have warranty etc. But it is a lot of hassle sending from UK to USA if there is a problem.

So overall is there any reports of failed LCD 2C? Or is this mostly not a problem? Cannot find many failed LCD 2C from searching Google, lots about LCD3 and some about LC2 (non C).

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #4,542 of 7,334
Would be very interested to hear if anyone has had driver failures with the LCD 2C?

I have read about problems with other models, so overall not looking too great, although at the same time I have read very little about problems with LCD 2C. Maybe Audeze have done something which has significantly improved driver reliability with the Classic?

To me this is a major issue as although they sound very good, they won't sound very good at all if they break, I know they have warranty etc. But it is a lot of hassle sending from UK to USA if there is a problem.

So overall is there any reports of failed LCD 2C? Or is this mostly not a problem? Cannot find many failed LCD 2C from searching Google, lots about LCD3 and some about LC2 (non C).
Audeze has improved QC significantly in the last 1-2 years. I haven't heard any driver failures with the 2C, but I know about 5 driver failures with the Focal Clear. Audeze had a bad reputation but it seems it has changed. If you buy from an authorised retailer in the UK as I did, you have 3 years warranty on the driver which is reassuring enough I'd say.

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #4,543 of 7,334
Audeze has improved QC significantly in the last 1-2 years. I haven't heard any driver failures with the 2C, but I know about 5 driver failures with the Focal Clear. Audeze had a bad reputation but it seems it has changed. If you buy from an authorised retailer in the UK as I did, you have 3 years warranty on the driver which is reassuring enough I'd say.

From looking on google it does seem improved with the Classic, also yes from reading about the Focals that is pretty off putting, not just the driver failures, but the cost of spares and the mediocre warranty considering the price of them.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4,544 of 7,334
I know quite many people with the 2C. None of them have problems so far. Audeze changed the production process in late 2016. Any unit after September 2016 seems to have much improved reliability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back