Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,676 of 7,335
Cool, I just didn't want to come across as offensive. Since I haven't had anyone standing by me until now I got a bit confused whether I was too harsh.
Love and peace. And enjoy your LCD if you are one of the strange and audibly uneducated guys like me, who are able enjoy them. :)
I’m with you! Ignorance is bliss I say! Viva le lcd2c!

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,677 of 7,335
If you are into chill out/ambient music I highly recommend this new album from Sync24. He is one half of the legendary Carbon Based Lifeforms. You can buy the album in much higher quality than this YouTube link. If you like the music, purchase the album in FLAC at least to support artists we like. This is niche music for niche audience. (Most people don't even have the audio equipment to fully appreciate how complex these tunes are.)

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #3,678 of 7,335
I’m with you! Ignorance is bliss I say! Viva le lcd2c!
I owned better headphones than the 2C. Focal Clear for example. While the Clear is objectively and technically better than the 2C I still enjoy the 2C more with my music and my listening habits. I need an easy-listening headphone with smooth and warm presentation. The Clear is astonishing but too intense for my everyday use.

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #3,679 of 7,335
If you are into chill out/ambient music I highly recommend this new album from Sync24. He is one half of the legendary Carbon Based Lifeforms. You can buy the album in much higher quality than this YouTube link. If you like the music, purchase the album in FLAC at least to support artists we like. This is niche music for niche audience. (Most people don't even have the audio equipment to fully appreciate how complex these tunes are.)

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes I am into this kind of music. A recent development. Maybe something to do with age and work pressure. Googling Sync24. Found them in bandcamp.

I usually bought my tracks thru beatport or bandcamp. Just wondering if you ever have the same song in flac and in wav form. I find that wav sounds better.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #3,680 of 7,335
Thanks for the recommendation. Yes I am into this kind of music. A recent development. Maybe something to do with age and work pressure. Googling Sync24. Found them in bandcamp.

I usually bought my tracks thru beatport or bandcamp. Just wondering if you ever have the same song in flac and in wav form. I find that wav sounds better.
Sound quality is the same. It is identical, both are lossless and contain the exact same information.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #3,681 of 7,335
Sound quality is the same. It is identical, both are lossless and contain the exact same information.

Well that is not true exactly. FLAC is technically a compressed format. Albeit it is pieced back together when playing. VS Wav which just is what it is. With FLAC I guess it isn't impossible for the player you use or device to affect how it sounds perhaps? I for one can't tell the difference, but I tend to get WAV's Because they are just a single piece.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #3,683 of 7,335
There is big difference between listening to one's headphones and listening to the music.
There is indeed. And there are headphones for both kind of enjoyment. Some prefers to listen to music, some prefers to listen to their gear. I prefer music, that is why I chose the 2C which is not the pinnacle of technicalities but offers a lot of fun&joy. I still enjoy my gear too, it would be a lie if I said I don't, but I agree with Steve Guttenberg here who said: "in the end the gear serves the music".

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #3,684 of 7,335
The tracks I bought from Beatport are in wav format. Converted them to flac using Sony Sound Forge software for the sake of tagging album art. This conversion are done with same sample rate and bit depth with default compression level. Sound quality are supposed to be the same but I do hear better sq in the original wav form. Sticked to wav format and with a lot of tracks without album art. Minor irritation but will like to know if I can have both good sq and album art at the same time. Any advice are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #3,685 of 7,335
Well that is not true exactly. FLAC is technically a compressed format. Albeit it is pieced back together when playing. VS Wav which just is what it is. With FLAC I guess it isn't impossible for the player you use or device to affect how it sounds perhaps? I for one can't tell the difference, but I tend to get WAV's Because they are just a single piece.

There is no difference. The 0s and 1s are identical when open (listening), the only difference is resident storage. Think about tif image files, some are compressed, some are not, when open (viewing), the exact same pixels are displayed. Read times, and disk space may vary, but the images are invariable.

If you like wav that’s great, but to claim any difference in them and any other lossless format is to have a fundemental flaw in understanding how data works or to be bested by a placebo effect.

(Also single piece reassemble etc is not how compression works either)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #3,686 of 7,335
I have compared the same tracks in flac and wav. They are extremely close in quality, pretty much indistinguishable. Perhaps wav is marginally better but I doubt anyone could tell if they hear the track in flac or wav in a blind test. There are very subtle differences I could pick up for example in one track the echo of a sound was ever so slightly more lifelike and lingered on a little longer. The difference between mp3 and flac is much more obvious, however in a blind test if the recording is good quality it is pretty much impossible to tell whether you are listening to 320mp3 or flac. IMO in A/B comparison it is possible to tell the difference between 320mp3 and flac, not that much between flac and wav.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #3,688 of 7,335
Anyone can recommend balanced cables in UK/EU around £100-150 which performs better than the stock balanced cables?

Listening to this atm.

Good track! I've been listening to this track alot this week. Sounds good on the lcd-2c. Especially since I switched my digital filter on my Topping D50 to slow linear. Had it on fast linear before and its even softer now. Gives more of a punch without that peaky treble shouting at you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back