Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #3,616 of 7,335
I'm surprised you don't like the way they sound with the Magni 3. The Magni 3 does pair very well with the Mimby so hopefully you'll be good to go then.

I'm getting the Loki because I really think it's a better way to EQ my music than with the digital one on my X5II or even on my PC.

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #3,617 of 7,335
I'm surprised you don't like the way they sound with the Magni 3. The Magni 3 does pair very well with the Mimby so hopefully you'll be good to go then.

I'm getting the Loki because I really think it's a better way to EQ my music than with the digital one on my X5II or even on my PC.
I'm holding onto hope I just got a bad unit. It had a bad volume pot , so maybe other things were bad as well? I'll probably get it back in a week or two.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #3,624 of 7,335
Can the WM1A drive these properly?

Yes. Only on the balanced 4.4mm.
DSC_0564.JPG

Got this just to try with my WM1A.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #3,625 of 7,335
Can the WM1A drive these properly?
It depends on what 'properly driven' means to you. I have never tried the WM1A, but looking at the specs it has 250mW output power in balanced mode. (60mW in single ended mode). While the WM1A will probably drive the 2C loud enough to an enjoyable level (in balanced mode), Audeze on their website recommends 1-4W output power for these headphones. Therefore on paper the WM1A is not the most ideal source for the 2C, you're better off with a more powerful full sized amp.
While I enjoyed the 2C out of Mojo (720mW) there is a noticeable difference with my full sized amp outputting almost 2W.
Of course power output is not everything, but it is a big part of the game. (Some of the less powerful amps might sound better than some lower quality but powerful amps.)
Audeze does recommend more than 1W for the 2C. They must know why.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #3,627 of 7,335
Thanks for the answers guys!
I've never had an audeze and these are within my price. I will also use them on the PC but as I usually hear a lot of my music on the Walkman then my question

Where I can buy this in EU?
UK seems to have the best prices for the 2C in the EU.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #3,629 of 7,335
I've never been able to figure out how to quote anyone.

Nonetheless in reply to the comparison of the LCD-2 and the LCD-2 + Fazors, the latter has better bass, is more balanced through the sonic range (less warmth) is a lot more detailed and has better "inner resolution" of instruments and voices in classical and choral music. It also has better dynamics in terms of keeping up with fast, complex symphonic music. I have never heard any other Audeze cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back