Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,631 of 7,324
I've never been able to figure out how to quote anyone.

Nonetheless in reply to the comparison of the LCD-2 and the LCD-2 + Fazors, the latter has better bass, is more balanced through the sonic range (less warmth) is a lot more detailed and has better "inner resolution" of instruments and voices in classical and choral music. It also has better dynamics in terms of keeping up with fast, complex symphonic music. I have never heard any other Audeze cans.
To reply to someone’s post, just go to their actual post you’d like to comment on, then go to the far right bottom of post and just select reply. You’re done and ready to go.

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #3,633 of 7,324
Some questions,
do I just need this adapter to make them balanced? Or do I have to change cables aswell? Where can I buy this adapter? After testing it leave feedback if you do not mind.
Thanks

LCD2C comes with dual 4 pin xlr to single ended 1/4 plug. To use LCD2C with WM1A balanced you need:
1. Get an aftermarket cable (Norne Audio or Toxic Cables are among the best value/performance IMO) terminated with 4.4mm plug.
2. Get an aftermarket balanced cable terminated to 4 pin xlr (male) and get a 4 pin xlr (female) to 4.4mm (male) adapter like mine (custom ordered, you can email the 2 cable makers I mentioned above).

I went with no. 2 as I have a desktop amp and got that adapter just to test if WM1A can drive my LCD2C. It needs high gain and DSP turned on to sound on par with Massdrop SDAC + Liquid Carbon X. Not recommended as battery drain was noticeable.

IMO best get a desktop amp to pair with your LDC2C.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #3,634 of 7,324
If anyone was wondering whether removing the grills and the filth under the grills make any difference in sound, let me tell you it does not make any difference.
Out of curiosity I thought I give it a chance as it might improve soundstage or airiness (like it did on the 400s). It doesn't make a difference on the 2C. Pointless mod that you can untick from your list.
IMG_20180921_205906425.jpg

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,635 of 7,324
I know the 2C has one of the best bass presentations in the industry, but what I am experiencing now was a surprise to me as well.
I was lucky enough to have a live chat with Sync24 one half of Carbon Based Lifeforms. At the end of the chat he gave away a few codes for free downloading his new album "Omnious".
At the moment I am listening to the second track called "The morning before it all happened". I never thought sub-bass rumble can physically shake your headphones. This bass rumble literally tickles my spine. Extremely joyful. :) Especially that this was a direct gift from the artist himself. What an evening! :) Long live CBL and Sync24! :)

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3,636 of 7,324
I know the 2C has one of the best bass presentations in the industry, but what I am experiencing now was a surprise to me as well.
I was lucky enough to have a live chat with Sync24 one half of Carbon Based Lifeforms. At the end of the chat he gave away a few codes for free downloading his new album "Omnious".
At the moment I am listening to the second track called "The morning before it all happened". I never thought sub-bass rumble can physically shake your headphones. This bass rumble literally tickles my spine. Extremely joyful. :) Especially that this was a direct gift from the artist himself. What an evening! :) Long live CBL and Sync24! :)

Nice! Enjoy!

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #3,637 of 7,324
These have to be one of the best headphones for electronic music you can get. I know a lot of people think a V-shaped sound sig is best for edm but I totally disagree. A well balanced hp with some warmth and deep bass is what I'd consider being ideal for electronic music and that's what you have with the 2C. I mainly listen to tech house and techno but I think the 2C is even better for trance. You don't want a bright loud hp with trance because it will just make the music sound harsh. The 2C presents it in a smooth and creamy way that makes it more enjoyable imo. I've listened to more trance over the past week then I have in the past year just because it sounds so good on this hp.

Sep 26, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #3,639 of 7,324
To be fair EDM sounds good on just about anything. :D I really don't own many headphones or speakers, where I can say "Oh, EDM doesn't sound good." Can't think of a single one. ^^
IMO bright headphones are not really for EDM. As @BubbaJay said you want something smooth(er) and warm(er). EDM treble can be piercing and you need detailed and well-extended bass. The 2C is perfect for EDM.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #3,640 of 7,324
How easy are the stock pads to remove on these? Can they still be reattached later? I know they use adhesive so I am a bit hesitant to try the Dekoni Velours.

The measurements and impressions of the Dekoni Velours have me interested in trying but don't want to destroy the stock pads.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #3,641 of 7,324
Edit : wrrrrrrrrong thread :wink:

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #3,643 of 7,324
Can anyone do a direct comparison to the Sine? I know that means open vs. closed, but the Sine is what I'm considering upgrading from.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #3,644 of 7,324
Graf Betula,

have you tried the Dekoni Elite Velour Pads? I've seen measurements of them, curious to know if you tried them and if you felt that they (positively/negatively) changed for you.
I haven't tried them and I am not too interested in trying them. I am quite happy with the stock pads. If it was an easy clip-on system, out of curiosity I would try other earpads too, but I wont bother with glue. Especially when I am happy with what I have got.

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #3,645 of 7,324
To be fair EDM sounds good on just about anything. :D I really don't own many headphones or speakers, where I can say "Oh, EDM doesn't sound good." Can't think of a single one. ^^

The Beyer DT900 sound horrible with edm. The mids are sucked out and sound to distant and the highs are downright annoying. The HD800 isn't very good either because of how clinical and cold they sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back