Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #2,761 of 7,334
Best bang for buck headphones in headfi currently? I think there is a case to be made.

Well... I think you would have to exclude discontinued/clearance priced headphones. HiFiMan has some truly outrageous deals going on some excellent cans. At MSRP though, I would bet you are correct.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,762 of 7,334
I got mine today and they sounded "okay" at best when i listened for the first 5 minutes. it was pretty underwhelming actually. After 5 hours burning in they already sound better, but i gotta a lot more listening first to make a verdict :)

EDIT: the vst reveal plugin sure makes a lot of difference. sounding much more natural with it :darthsmile:
How do you install Reveal Plugin please id like to install myself i do have the USB stick that came with the cans.But i cannot use it with MusicBee with MusicBee only supporting Winamp plugin but KMann said if i install Eualizer APO i could use it with MusicBee that way

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,763 of 7,334
How do you install Reveal Plugin please id like to install myself i do have the USB stick that came with the cans.But i cannot use it with MusicBee with MusicBee only supporting Winamp plugin but KMann said if i install Eualizer APO i could use it with MusicBee that way
I installed Equalizer APO and loaded the plugin there following this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/reveal-plugins-dsp-for-audeze-headphones.864146/page-2#post-13828923

Looks like this atm:
https://imgur.com/a/pAbKpV7
UZCey7n

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #2,764 of 7,334
Regarding Audeze plug-in. I pretty sure answer is no but is there a way to get it to play nice with Foobar 2K going through WASAPI (Amanero Technologies USB driver) that lights up the Audio-gd R2R-11. Equalizer APO sez it won't work with WASAPI exclusive mode drivers.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #2,766 of 7,334
Just looked myself and you are right t doesn't work with WASAPI which makes this application a waste of time for myself and others wanting to use WASAPI. WASAPI mode is the one i use which gives you full benefit of your DAC by bypassing windows if you cannot use WASAPI then makes using the DAC very much pointless to get the full benefit

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #2,767 of 7,334
Just looked myself and you are right t doesn't work with WASAPI which makes this application a waste of time for myself and others wanting to use WASAPI. WASAPI mode is the one i use which gives you full benefit of your DAC by bypassing windows if you cannot use WASAPI then makes using the DAC very much pointless to get the full benefit
You should check out Jriver player. We pay all this money for audio equipment we should have a good music player. Jriver is only 50.00 usd. You can try it for free for a while. I actually like it much more than I do musicbee. https://www.jriver.com/

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #2,768 of 7,334
You should check out Jriver player. We pay all this money for audio equipment we should have a good music player. Jriver is only 50.00 usd. You can try it for free for a while. I actually like it much more than I do musicbee. https://www.jriver.com/
That might not be such a bad idea. Ive been having few little issues with musicbee recently with music dropping out

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2,769 of 7,334
That might not be such a bad idea. Ive been having few little issues with musicbee recently with music dropping out
Give it a try. It has the features you were just talking about and you can use the reveal plugin as well as many others. It is so customizable it is crazy. Just have to look around the forum to get ideas.

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #2,770 of 7,334
i know this is not headphone related but just installed jriver and using WASAPI mode but cannot control the volume on the jriver player and of course cannot change it via windows any idea how i change the player volume please im new to this player looks complicated lol

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #2,771 of 7,334
i know this is not headphone related but just installed jriver and using WASAPI mode but cannot control the volume on the jriver player and of course cannot change it via windows any idea how i change the player volume please im new to this player looks complicated lol
Wasapi bypasses every control in windows for volume as far as i know and uses the amp attached to the dac. jriver should be at max as is. I will check when i get back tonight.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2,772 of 7,334
Regarding Audeze plug-in. I pretty sure answer is no but is there a way to get it to play nice with Foobar 2K going through WASAPI (Amanero Technologies USB driver) that lights up the Audio-gd R2R-11. Equalizer APO sez it won't work with WASAPI exclusive mode drivers.

My Reveal plugin is working just fine in Foobar2000 with WASAPI. I've used it with several DAC's including an Audio-gd amanero.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,773 of 7,334
OK with WASAPI and Jriver I can control the volume in Jriver player seen here
0Qe3Ntp.jpg

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #2,775 of 7,334
If JRiver is set to exclusive mode, you control volume with the knob on your amp. If not set to exclusive mode, change it.
Just out of curiosity, what does exclusive mode mean?

Anybody know of a music program(or specific setting) that normalizes the volume level of the music files? Puts them all in the same gain level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back