Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #616 of 7,335
There certainly is merit to building a little suspense around a new product launch, but the ordering process for the LCD2C is about to turn the corner from being exciting and mysterious, to just being frustrating. The scant details about the product itself, the lack of detailed photographs, the complete absence of reviews from Inner Fidelity and others, and most importantly the unclear shipping schedule. I ordered the LCD2C as soon as the page went live...I already have LCD2.2F and LCD3, but wanted to try these as well. I was originally told they would ship two weeks from the date I placed my order, then I was told that they would ship "in time for the holidays". I wish Audeze would be a little more upfront about their shipping times, etc.

It kind of sucks when your excitement for a new product starts to wane before it is even shipped.

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #617 of 7,335
Maybe they got a flood of pre-orders, didn't anticipate the demand, and fell behind on production...

They should start shipping today or tomorrow. That's what has been confirmed as of yesterday. It says "Available Now" on the website too.

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #618 of 7,335
Looks like no one received a tracking yet. This suspense is killing me.. Never saw it, heard it, nor read a review and didn't even know what some parts are made of.. Basically, ordered based on the blind faith? Also, no idea when it ships. Exciting still... :)

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #620 of 7,335
I'm not too worried about buying them blind, I'd be doing that with any cans I get. If not these I'd have jumped on the Adorama LCD2F deal a few weeks ago. The lack of an actual ship date other than "this/next week" is a little frustrating, though.

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #623 of 7,335
The new headband is where it's at. I know it's not the carbon version, but (likely) a significant improvement over the old design.

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #624 of 7,335
This or Aeon Flow Open? this seems to be more like a blind hype

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #627 of 7,335
This or Aeon Flow Open? this seems to be more like a blind hype
Ill let you know when i receive my lcd2c :) !!! But if you're a fan of the hd650 i recommend aeon open if you want a more refined headphone with mid magic(like the hd650)superior imaging and bigger soundstage better bass no mid bass hump.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #629 of 7,335
83e.jpg

I'm just hoping for some kind of actual update today, whether it's a shipping notice or just a firm date next week.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #630 of 7,335
Expect shipping next week.

On the other hand, it's Friday again. Somebody let Tyll know. He didn't even mention the LCD-2C in his update and skipped over to 2 other headphones. I'm starting to think the review won't be out until all/most units have been shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back