1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Next

Last
  1. LaCuffia
  2. blargman
    Do you guys think a TEAC UD-301 should pair ok with this headphone? Details on it's output impedance seems a bit unclear. It drives my HE-400i's fairly decent.
    http://www.teac.com/product/ud-301/specifications/
    Headphone output
    Connector 6.3mm(1/4") stereo phone jack
    Maximum output 100mW + +100mW (32 ohms with load, distortion rate 0.1%)
    Compatibility impedance 8 ohms to 600 ohms

3. LaCuffia
    I know the LCD-2 is pretty easy to drive, and the Classic should be the same. The LCD-2 even sounds decent out of portable amplifiers.

4. gLer
    It does indeed, sounds great out of my ifi Micro iDSD (although that's portable only in design, it's performs better than most desktop amps). Doesn't really like my Woo WA3 for some reason - no so much in power but synergy. It's not always about power.

5. knopi
    LCD2 vs HD600/650. They share similar tuning for sure but LCD2 have big advantage as regards black background, tightness accuracy and overall natural. It is the reason why I probably prefer planar drivers over dynamic. Big problem LCD2 (I am not sure how current model it is probably better) it was for me too much dark, I heard them on many systems and liked only on a few which was north of neutral. Basically LCDX solved this problem and for me it is one of the best headphone on market performance ratio, although quite expensive of course next to others.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  6. lentoviolento
    i have not decided yet which one to take. this or atticus...

7. LaCuffia
    Interesting....go to the Audeze website for LCD2-C and it says "Available Now." Earlier it said delivery for mid-December.

So shipments should be going out very soon.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    blargman likes this.
  8. meringo
    Yup! Sounds likely. With that said, the page is unusually bare and has a wood text color for "LCD2." The whole thing has to be a temp page.

9. Taylor Smith
    I feel like the page was rushed, as it seems like the "pre-release" of these was a quick decision before years end. Maybe they didn't plan on having a holiday sale, but decided to take advantage of the opportunity in the market. Hence the lack of gallery images, shipping specifications and a fairly incomprehensive description.

10. lugnut
    Maybe because the Woo wa3 is a tube OTL ?

11. ahmadfaizadnan
    Honestly, that's my thought too. Although, I am not sure if that is really the case.

12. Taylor Smith
    While I'd rather it not be the case, it's not something that is uncommon. A lot of products have soft launches where a temporary page is listed to initiate an gauge interest on the product. This seems to be the case here where it has just enough information to solidify the launch of the Classics. Once they are fully available I'm sure the page will be updated.

I also don't worry about the page being a little rushed vs the manufacturing if the product. From the feedback Audeze has given on here I have no hesitation about the build quality quality compared to the products in the line ( minus the driver failure debacle).

ahmadfaizadnan likes this.
  13. Carlsan
    The Audeze LCD 2.1 was my first entry into the Audeze line. I loved that headphone and regret having sold it a few years ago. Really miss the incredible bass impact and deep solid bottom end. One could get lost in it's rich and full sound. Sure it wasn't neutral or as technically proficient as it's later siblings, but boy was it fun. May have to buy latest version.

14. Zoom25
  15. Zoom25
First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Next

Last