1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
349 350 351
Next

Last
  1. jambaj0e

What amp do you recommend that I can pair with the Mojo that's under $300?

2. betula
    I don't really know amps from that price range. Perhaps the budget line of Schiit?
    Others might be able to suggest something.

3. xRaptorxPunisher
    Mojo is compressed sounding, not a good match for the 2C as it doesn’t have a lot of balls to put it straight; poor impact. The 2C benefits from an amp that has a lot of impact, think Lyr 2, Moj 2, Jot to name a few. The Fostex is a dynamic so more mid bass bloom so the bass will sound more overpowering. The Classic has a more textured, extended and clean bass. Listen to songs that have a lot of deep bass like Daft punks doing it right. You’ll notice the heft and sustain compared to the Fostex. Listen to the bass control on the Audeze, the pitch differentiation. A well driven 2C is a monster, they don’t scale well IMO but pairing matters.

Heck grab yourself a cheap Magni 3 and you’ll notice a difference. Ditch the Mojo grab an SDAC.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. endlesswaves
    You can try a Massdrop LCX + SDAC. It's $350 but you get a nice DAC. Using it now with LCD2C and IMHO beats anything else in the same price range.

5. jambaj0e
    What about the Chord MOJO + Burson Fun with either V6 Classics or Vivid Opamp?

6. gargani
    I have a schiit magni3, a monoprice(cavalli) liguid spark,and an objective 2. They all work quite well with the lcd2c.
    Keep in mind though, no matter which amp you use, you're not going to get the same bass as you're getting with your closed back dynamic headphone.The same goes for the treble.
    The lcd2c is a different type of headphone with a completely different sound signature than you're used to.

7. jambaj0e
    Yeah, you're right. I was at Schitt Audio today, and unless I added the Loki, which is a hardware equalizer that allows me to pump up the bass and mid-bass, I can't get the kind of hard thump that I had w/ my Fostex, even on higher end Schitt amps:

https://www.schiit.com/products/loki

8. bassb
    I run a LCD2C off of an Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.. Fantastic combination! (together with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC)..

9. Oregonian
    A vintage speaker amp does these justice..................I run mine out of the speaker taps of a low power Pioneer SA-608 and it is excellent

10. Martinoslice
    Hi Oregonian, I’m using a similar setup as yourself running from the speaker taps from a paramount Zamp V2, are you using a resistor type box from the taps or are you using special cables coming straight from the speaker taps.

Cheers Marty.

11. snellemin
    I run mine from a pair of Parasound V3 speaker tabs. No resistor box needed.

12. Oregonian
    Straight out of the taps, no resistor box. Just start with the volume all the way off when powering up and go up from there.

13. Martinoslice
    Oh Really, good to know as I’ve been using a resistor box, did you get the cables especially made with bananas or are you using some sort of adapter.

Cheers Marty.

14. Oregonian
    Had a cable made by Ted@Headphone Lounge that has tinned speaker tap connector wires to XLR.................

Martinoslice likes this.
  15. Martinoslice
    Cheers

First

Back
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
349 350 351
Next

Last