1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last
  1. tracyrick
    Thanks for the tips. I'll research the Reveal app. I'll also try cutting bass a little. I agree, subtracting works better than adding with EQ. Question is if my X3ii can EQ it well. Might have to get a Loki.

For my Sines, via my X3ii, I use the Tyll EQ of less treble and slightly more mids (-3 16k, +1 500, 1k). It definitely cuts the harshness of the treble, but I also seem to lose a little something in the process. So I'm not satisfied with the X3ii's EQ. Not sure I want to drop $150 for a Loki though either. $100 would be better. More than 4 adjustment knobs would be nice too.

2. nicknack40
    I want to try the Reveal plugin also i love my LCD2C as they are out of the box. But it be good to try the plugin only thing is it doesn't work via MusicBee as MusicBee doesn't allow VST plugins

3. newaudio46

I’m going to get my headphones over the weekend and also the mojo.

Does anyone have any relatively cheap options to get around having to use the

SILVER DRAGON LIGHTNING CABLE or the apple connection kit

4. franz12
    To avoid any loss in SQ, you need to use very high quality eq software or equipment. Try DMG equilibrium. It is also recommended by Bob Katz.

5. Slim1970
    The Loki does wonders for Audeze headphones

omniweltall likes this.
  6. WildStyle-R11
    2C can certainly handle a bit of boost, but not a lot of it. Loki is good if you don't mind boosting, I got it cranked probably to about +7DB, anything less and I the basshead deem it unworthy. :D But anything more just goes too far. For normal people you probably want to stay in 3-5 range.

7. omniweltall
    I crank it to 3:30 PM. So, that is roughly 6-7 db. I just can't live without the Loki.

8. WildStyle-R11
    Yup, that is where I have it. Loki adds to the 2C if you love the sound signature, but lack that extra satisfaction. I like the Easy on the ears, but not really missing sparkle signature of the 2C, which is why I had to try loki and hope for the best. Glad I did, otherwise I would need to spend a lot more on many other headphones to get this close to perfection.

9. omniweltall
    Very true. Sometimes headphones just need a bit of help to the right direction. But of course, according to each individual's taste. For me, I need that bit of bass boost.

10. WildStyle-R11
    Me too. and it most certainly comes down to individuals taste, not only for the headphone, but music they listen to. I had the 2C running out of Oppo HA-2, when I got em, while I was running around the house, was excited to hear them. And I must say EDM, Trancy, house style of music don't need more bass on these, it doesn't hurt, but I had to check if my bass boost isn't on. :D

omniweltall likes this.
  11. CANiSLAYu
    You need to use the Apple CCK if you want to use an iOS device, no way around it. Don’t mess around with the cheap third party knockoffs either. Some might work, but most don’t. You can get OEM ones on eBay for like $12. There are two options: one that is just a female USB A 2.0 port and the other that is USB 3.0 and also has a lightning port so you can charge at the same time (this one is bulkier).

12. canali
    my friend is soooo against tone controls...he firmly belongs to the purist camp.''anytime you adjust one frequency it affects the others!!'' he'll scream (lol)
    i don't give a hoot....just look at the number of recordings that were too bright or harsh and later underwent remasters.
    if i'm able to enjoy my music more with a bit of tone control, then so be it.
    in other words he likes his steak as is...i prefer mine with some salt and pepper.

question however: i contacted schiit on this device...they say it's analog and not digital,
    but still a tone control...what would it matter being analog vs digital btw?

steve guttenberg of cnet enjoys this device too.(below)
    .i'll seriously consider adding it when i ramp up my gear purchases in a few months.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  13. Slim1970
    I agree. Audeze headphones in general don't need much of a bass boost. But they certainly can handle any EQing you throw at them.

14. Slim1970
    The Loki also has a passthrough mode that lets you hear the headphones without the tone controls on. I must warn you, that after making some corrections to the sound signature of any headphones to add what you think they are lacking you it's so hard go back. At least that's they way it is with me. I love this little device and it's certainly worth the small investment to make already good headphones become great ones. Your ears will thank you :)

15. canali
    thanks...hey i grew up in the 70s/80s with 'bass/treble' tone controls (or simplified EQ)
    wish i'd see more of these around....haven't we all wanted to hear a bit more (or less)
    of some instruments at certain times when we're listening to audio.
    but i can hear the purists loading and pointing their guns at me...oh well, to each his/her own.

First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last