Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #4,066 of 7,334
Other than people swapping pads why would you mod them.
Well im the guy who has to break everything :D hehe, no not really but always looking for that last drop of honey from headphones and test the mods out.

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #4,067 of 7,334
Reading the specs of the Fostex amp it says the max power output is 100mW. Audeze recommends 1-4W for their headphones. That amp might drive them loud enough but it is more than likely that there is room for improvement. (Even with your DT1990).
I was afraid of that :frowning2:

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #4,069 of 7,334
I wouldn't worry to much about that, they sound great even under powered. And then later down the line... Upgrade and they will surprise you once again. Albeit only if you get the pairing right.
Well, im hoping to in the next few weeks, place an order for an RME ADI-2 DAC. im very sure it can power the LCD2C fully. so that wont be a worry. i'll have to get the DAC before the LCD2C tho because its more expensive xD feels easier on my wallet when you buy expensive stuff first, then cheaper stuff after.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #4,070 of 7,334
Well, im hoping to in the next few weeks, place an order for an RME ADI-2 DAC. im very sure it can power the LCD2C fully. so that wont be a worry. i'll have to get the DAC before the LCD2C tho because its more expensive xD feels easier on my wallet when you buy expensive stuff first, then cheaper stuff after.
By the way - for me it is interesting too how those 2 pieces will be matched together. So please share your experience with us after you will get these 2 items combined :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #4,071 of 7,334
Anyone using Pro-Ject Box-Design Pre Box S2 Digital with LCD2C? It has native MQA decoding and unfolding.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #4,072 of 7,334
I just want to say thanks for the help with the advice on what headphones to get and amp/ dac.
As I’m looking for a portable option, I think I will go with the lcd2c and the chord mojo.

Can anyone workout how many volts the headphones will get from the mojo as it’s 75ohms

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #4,073 of 7,334
I just want to say thanks for the help with the advice on what headphones to get and amp/ dac.
As I’m looking for a portable option, I think I will go with the lcd2c and the chord mojo.

Can anyone workout how many volts the headphones will get from the mojo as it’s 75ohms
Not enough to power it properly and the lcd2c is not a good portable option in my opinion.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #4,074 of 7,334

Mojo's max power output is 720mW at 8Ω, 35mW at 600Ω. At 70Ω (2C's impedance) that must be around 670mW.
I loved my Mojo and tried it with the 2C. It is absolutely enjoyable.
The improvement with a more powerful full sized desktop amp however is undeniable.

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #4,076 of 7,334
How much detail and clarity will I miss out on if I use the mojo ?
Detail and clarity is not the biggest issue here. The 2C sounds fairly clear and fairly detailed out of Mojo. (Speaking from experience here.)
The difference comes from somewhere else. (In my case using Questyle CMA 600i and then the 2Qute as a DAC.)
Bass and treble extension suddenly improves a lot. It is not just nice mids anymore but full bass and exciting treble. Soundstage is bigger, sound is bigger and more authoritative.
It is like going from a good home system to a more professional setup.

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #4,078 of 7,334
I also have the denon I use for my home cinema, would that be of any use? Do you think I should choose other headphones
If you like your bass deep and detailed don't choose other headphones. Make these work instead. :wink:
You could give them a go out of your Denon, however that is more of a speaker amp. Might be overkill for the 2C. Too much bass, etc.
If you really want a pair of headphones with good bass extension, authority, punch and slam just buy a powerful enough amp around £5-700.

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #4,080 of 7,334
I will stick with the lcd2c and the mojo and save up for amp. I know the more educated thing to do is get the mojo with the Oppo PM2 but I Justin can’t bring myself to do it.
I think Mojo and 2C is better than Mojo and PM2. It is really not more than 20-30% improvement what you can get with a full sized powerful amp. But once you hear the improvement you can never go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back