Audeze LCD-24 LIMITED EDITION - now including impressions and comparisons
Nov 29, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #108 of 153
Oh, people. You act like the world does not exist beyond Head-Fi and headphones.

@delirium was obviously teasing you @metal571.
The thread is dead because it was an experimental run by Audeze with a few hard-core (and relatively wealthy) fans involved.

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #109 of 153
Maybe the 24 is a precursor to the LCD 5? Perhaps Audeze said: 'Well the sound of the 24 didn't go over well and I guess we need to go back to the drawing board before settling on an LCD 5 sound?'

Nov 30, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #110 of 153
Maybe the 24 is a precursor to the LCD 5? Perhaps Audeze said: 'Well the sound of the 24 didn't go over well and I guess we need to go back to the drawing board before settling on an LCD 5 sound?'
Going to be a great year next year. :wink:

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #111 of 153
Through hearsay in the community I thought the original concept for LCD24 was based on the LCD4 diaphragm rather than the LCD4Z, so I'm wondering if some prototypes at shows had this setup with the full LCD4 film running with LCD2 magnets. The number 1 thing I want for LCD5 is much lower weight. I don't even care if it's 600 ohms instead of 200, just lower the weight. lol

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #112 of 153
Through hearsay in the community I thought the original concept for LCD24 was based on the LCD4 diaphragm rather than the LCD4Z, so I'm wondering if some prototypes at shows had this setup with the full LCD4 film running with LCD2 magnets. The number 1 thing I want for LCD5 is much lower weight. I don't even care if it's 600 ohms instead of 200, just lower the weight. lol
Yeah at this point with the industry trends favoring lower weight, I think it would be almost suicidal for them to deliver an LCD 5 that is heavier or even the same weight as the 4. I think Audeze knows their older models need to go on a diet as evidenced by the LCD 1 and believe a new TOTL HP from them will not weigh more than the 4z, but hopefully less than that.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #113 of 153
Oh, people. You act like the world does not exist beyond Head-Fi and headphones.

@delirium was obviously teasing you @metal571.
The thread is dead because it was an experimental run by Audeze with a few hard-core (and relatively wealthy) fans involved.
I orded it regardless of metal571 did not like it...i think if it was a
designer mistakes....i hope...then you all have a nice day...???? If not i send it right back...fix it damn you....lol. Wish me luck.

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #115 of 153
And you know this how?
Which part? That you were teasing metal571 or that the LCD24 was an experimental run?

I think you were teasing him because you seem like a nice guy and your statement seemed ironically provoking to me. A lot of people don't get sarcasm or irony. Which is a shame as both are fun. :)

Regarding the LCD24 it is well known that Audeze only made 100 of them and there is no intention sending it to retailers or even putting it on sale on Audeze's own website. You can only order them by email. What would you call that if not an 'experimental run'?

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #116 of 153
Which part? That you were teasing metal571 or that the LCD24 was an experimental run?

I think you were teasing him because you seem like a nice guy and your statement seemed ironically provoking to me. A lot of people don't get sarcasm or irony. Which is a shame as both are fun. :)

Regarding the LCD24 it is well known that Audeze only made 100 of them and there is no intention sending it to retailers or even putting it on sale on Audeze's own website. You can only order them by email. What would you call that if not an 'experimental run'?
Well they are in several retailers for sale, plus you can order them from the Audeze website right now and as far as that 100 figure that may be true only because the sales seem to be so lackluster.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #117 of 153
Well they are in several retailers for sale, plus you can order them from the Audeze website right now and as far as that 100 figure that may be true only because the sales seem to be so lackluster.
Some things must have changed then since I last checked what's going on. :)
Are you talking about exclusive US retailers or worldwide accessibility?
Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the 24 anyway.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #118 of 153
Some things must have changed then since I last checked what's going on. :)
Are you talking about exclusive US retailers or worldwide accessibility?
Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the 24 anyway.
Not sure about worldwide but in the US anyway. The forum sponsor TSAV had/has them. A couple of other dealers too. I don’t think Audeze is trying to make them exclusive but these got off to a bad start and now with the few reviews these seem meh, so far, especially for the price. Supposed to go to a meet on Sat, hopefully I will get to hear them then.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #119 of 153

I meant experimental run...lol..so i should freek out now...becauce i almost certenly get a fuc..kt up headphone..crap i am becomming a nervouse wrek.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #120 of 153
Not sure about worldwide but in the US anyway. The forum sponsor TSAV had/has them. A couple of other dealers too. I don’t think Audeze is trying to make them exclusive but these got off to a bad start and now with the few reviews these seem meh, so far, especially for the price. Supposed to go to a meet on Sat, hopefully I will get to hear them then.
Please do tell?......i am scared as fu...k. And i am not wealthy...this was going to be my end game for a wile....traded in for utopia for empyrian..did not like it that much...not bad...but diceded on audeze limeted edition...so i was thinking...this has to be spesial...i hope there were some faulty headphones that gave it bad reputation....fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back