Audeze LCD-24 LIMITED EDITION - now including impressions and comparisons
Dec 17, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #151 of 153
I too just was fortunate to be able to acquire a set recently. I've wanted an LCD-24 ever since having one on an extended loan about this time last year. There's something about the LCD-24 that clicks with me and I'm really happy to finally own one.
Looking for a cable now, not sure if I want to go with all coper or a hybrid, but I'll figure something out probably after the new year.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #152 of 153
I too just was fortunate to be able to acquire a set recently. I've wanted an LCD-24 ever since having one on an extended loan about this time last year. There's something about the LCD-24 that clicks with me and I'm really happy to finally own one.
Looking for a cable now, not sure if I want to go with all coper or a hybrid, but I'll figure something out probably after the new year.
I was just listening to my set and they sound amazing. I’m using a DHC Complement 3 Fusion (copper/silver) cable with very good results. From what I’m hearing a good hybrid is the way to go.

May 24, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #153 of 153
I swear with the 24's, I could picture and hear in my mind the independent sound of the drum stick and how it integrated into the sound of it hitting the Clapp side of the drum. I put the HE's back on, and I couldn't hear it.

To make sure my brain wasn't playing tricks, I pulled out my Focal Utopia's, and sure enough, there was that subtle drumstick "tap". Now that I found a little nugget, I started pulling out other headphones to see if I could hear this supper subtle detail.

HD800's - no, HD820's - yes, but subtle. Meze Empyreans - no, LCD-3's - no. 64 Audio A18T IEM's - yes. Stax 007's - yes (although the rest of the bass was so diminutive, I was a little startled by the sound...) LCD-4's - No!

At what point in the song is that drum tap you spoke about? I’m curious and want to test my different gear to see if I can hear it or not but I’m not sure at what point in the song I should be listening for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back