Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 24, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #17,176 of 18,459

[size=medium] Quote:
Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear goodness this thread moves quickly! 
normal_smile%20.gif
 In the link above I was comparing stax to the rev 1. I was actually quite happy to have discovered a phone that does so well with mainstream recordings. It ensures I can get the most music out of all my CDs. Modest Mouse stuff in particular is purposely recorded lo-fi and while I like their darker attitude most of their stuff has been unlistenable in previous incarnations of my systems. With the LCD2s I find myself reaching for their disks more often. But well recorded stuff is a pleasure too. I just got some big bang Frank Sinatra and was listening to it last night. It's just so much fun on the LCD2s! 
normal_smile%20.gif

[/size]

[size=medium]
Well said about the rev.1 and mainstream recordings, this is the main reason among many others that I find it to compliment the HD800 so well.

[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man, i hate this hobby sometimes.

lately, i guess i have become an overly critical listener.

or, perhaps i just own too many headphones, and my ears stay "confused".
but, anyway, what happens is i hear a particular thing that i like about one headphone.  and then the following day i listen to a different headphone, and that particular thing is missing.
so, i start from there, and begin picking apart the sound.  instead of enjoying the music.

lately, for instance, i have fallen out of love with the LCD-2s.  both versions.
for some reason, when i go to listen to them, the soundstage is small, the midrange is shouty, and the layering / instrument separation is gone.

the human brain is a powerful thing, i know...  so i'm hoping this psychological barrier to my enjoyment can be worked around.
of course, my knee jerk reaction is "buy a new amp".  hahahaha.

but i'm hoping i can rectify this "bad spell" by taking some much needed time off from my LCD-2s...

as peter cetera once sang, "everybody needs a little time away..."  hahahahahaha.  (sorry for the totally corny reference)

see you guys later...
frown.gif

[/size]

[size=medium]
This has happened to me on and off, and for me the perfect antidote is... you guess it, the HD800 (but the HE-6 is a nice change as well, kind of in-between).
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Quote:
Originally Posted by carm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone suggest how should I modify my rev1 box to fit LCD2, without removing cables every time I want to put it there ?

Thanks.

[/size]

[size=medium]
The rev.1 and the rev.2 are the same in that respect, you have to remove the cable to fit them into the storage box. They easily "click" off though.

[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm grateful...

(snip)

...for the LCD-2.

[/size]

[size=medium]
Nicely said.
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #17,177 of 18,459

Quote:
No, you’ve taken a word from my description, which is out of context singularly. Are you a reporter/journalist? I see promise.

I have some limited experience in that field lol. But I see you as doing the same thing, as all I and others are saying is that the rev.2 can be seen as analytical compared to the rev.1, not in a generalized sense. As the rev.1 is more mid-centric, it can be interpreted as being less analytical, which to me means more forgiving and musical.

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #17,178 of 18,459
I would like to ask for my subscription to this exclusive club !
Thanx to you all and to the reasonable and wise considerations that I've been reading in this thread: I'm a new and happy LCD-2, rev.2's owner !
And my friends... what can I say ?

WOW !

Or in Portuguese: UAU !

best regards, uryens.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #17,179 of 18,459

Quote:
I have some limited experience in that field lol. But I see you as doing the same thing, as all I and others are saying is that the rev.2 can be seen as analytical compared to the rev.1, not in a generalized sense. As the rev.1 is more mid-centric, it can be interpreted as being less analytical, which to me means more forgiving and musical.

I’m kind of following... personally I would reserve the use of the word “analytical” in audio terms for describing minute details that are enhanced giving a false sense of detail or simply a treble peak.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #17,180 of 18,459
Cross-quote from another thread:

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pronex-Cervical-Traction-Neck-Pain-LARGE-New-Device-/370357704340?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563b0a1694

Home Cervical Traction!

Could help with certain LCD-2 related complications 
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #17,182 of 18,459

Quote:
If  Audeze puts out a desktop speaker I wonder how it will compare to this Planar from Magnapan coming out in September.  The Mini Maggie System 
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mini-maggie-system-honey-i-shrunk-speakers

Im not sure, i hope its on the $500 range, but with their headphone's it could be more like $1300. I wish the Maggies were not that high, but someone else can afford them.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #17,184 of 18,459
hahah..you are soooooo greatful.

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #17,185 of 18,459

Quote:
Are the LCD2s cups really that much larger than the He500s?

I don't find them much larger. To me they are in the same range, as is the weight. Great choices. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #17,186 of 18,459
Just a tip to those who wonder what to treat the leather on our LCD's with. I was talking to a cobbler friend of mine a while ago and showed him the wax Audeze give us. Turns out all the ingredients add up to a great leather preserver and conditioner! I have done two applications now and the leather is wonderful! Saves money on other products and with this stuff a little goes a long way!

The orange oil component is a great natural antiseptic as well so that helps with hygiene.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #17,187 of 18,459

Quote:
Just a tip to those who wonder what to treat the leather on our LCD's with. I was talking to a cobbler friend of mine a while ago and showed him the wax Audeze give us. Turns out all the ingredients add up to a great leather preserver and conditioner! I have done two applications now and the leather is wonderful! Saves money on other products and with this stuff a little goes a long way!

The orange oil component is a great natural antiseptic as well so that helps with hygiene.

Cool, that's great to know!

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #17,188 of 18,459

Quote:

so you are saying that the wood conditioner supplied with the headphones can also be used on the leather? I never woulda figured that out.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #17,189 of 18,459

so you are saying that the wood conditioner supplied with the headphones can also be used on the leather? I never woulda figured that out.

Yeah, apparently Carnuba and Beeswax are used in the very finest shoe creams that bespoke shoe makers sell with their shoes. the orange oil is apparently a great cleaner and antiseptic as well! All natural as well so it should be fine for anyone with chemical intolerances or allergies!

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #17,190 of 18,459
If you google SAPHIR shoe polish you will see that amongst the ingredients used are Caranuba and beeswax. Saphir is the brand I was mentioning that is used for all the finest shoes on sale. They also add turpentine and other oils, my friend the cobbler says they use orange oil as "other" oils. He said the combo supplied though is ver high quality and perfect for leather and wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back