Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 24, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #17,147 of 18,459

Quote:
Let me guess, your using google translater?

No, I think he's just using more money. 
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #17,148 of 18,459

I agree, period.
gs1000.gif
 I have yet to find any headphone or IEM which is as creamy as the Rev 1. The SR009 has silky smooth yet detailed overall sound but it still can't match the Rev 1 in terms of creaminess.

Quote:
rev.1 will become treasure in a few years to people who love "dark" headphones (liquid, creamy, full bodied, warm treble, lifelike sound). There is still no headphone that can compete with it nowdays in those regards. period. maybe there will be in the future. let's see.

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #17,149 of 18,459
^ X3, I'll have my cream on ice with a double-shot of espresso. Just the thing for old Zappa.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #17,150 of 18,459

Quote:

Pretty much everyone that has compared it to the rev.1 has said the rev.2 is more detailed and extended in the high end, hence more analytical.

Having more detail and extension comparative to the rev 1 does not mean the rev 2 is analytical.
If one was to say the rev 2 was overly detailed in a artificial way then that would be a different story.

Quote:
No, I think he's just using more money. 
tongue.gif

lol. Agreed, wonders never cease.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #17,151 of 18,459

Quote:

Having more detail and extension comparative to the rev 1 does not mean the rev 2 is analytical.
If one was to say the rev 2 was overly detailed in a artificial way then that would be a different story.

So in your opinion analytical = artificial. Interesting.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #17,154 of 18,459
I've been listening to some Stax headphones I've bought this month (SR-007, and Lambda Signature) and recently returned to my LCD-2's.

I really love the bass that the LCD-2s produce, it's so nuanced, balanced, full of texture and impact..... but it doesn't overwhelm.

The upper bass / lower mids / mids are also graced by these same qualities.  Texture...impact....warmth... all when called for.  The highs lack the HF peak that so many headphones have.  Overall the highs have a neutral sound, uncolored, extended. You don't have the impression of speed or detail you get from the cranked treble of so many high-end 'phones, but when listening you realize that real speed and real detail is there if the producer put it into the recording.  And without that HF peak, I don't experience the fatigue that many other headphones give me.

This is also something that I feel my Stax 'phones give me- the ability to listen without treble-induced fatigue. The Stax Lambda Signatures have a bit of a rise in the high end, but maybe it's not as steep or tall or something, I don't know, I can hear that extra treble energy in the Lambda Signatures, but I don't suffer the way I do with, say, Sennheiser HD800's.   The Stax share this fatigue-free listening with the LCD-2, in my experience. 

The Stax have a little more inner "voice" in the mids and highs than the LCD-2's, just a bit more resolution, and the SR-007's are a bit closer to absolute neutrality-  but the Stax just don't have the impact, solidity and texture in the bass and even into the mids that you get from the Audeze.  I LOVE bass, the kind of bass I get from the LCD-2.  There's really nothing else like it.

Considering they are Audeze's first commercial product, LCD-2's are really pretty remarkable.   

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #17,155 of 18,459

Quote:

Not really... I sold my rev1 in anticipation of the rev2, then after reports of the rev2 being more "analytical" and less "creamy", I went out of my way to purchase a rev1 again at quite a high price. Now I sold another rev1 and am on the rev2 for good. But as I've said, there is a camp that will probably prefer the rev1, and despite my belief all this time, I am not apart of it.

Wait a minute, stop, everyone stay where you are! You mean you sold the rev1 before you'd even heard the rev2, then, based purely on "reports" of rev 2 being less creamy, again without hearing rev2 to know if it was true or not, you went out and paid a premium for a rev1? As someone else said, "Wow!". I've heard of rabid spending fuelled purely by rumour and hyperbole, but that's taking it to a whole new level.  

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #17,156 of 18,459

Quote:
I've been listening to some Stax headphones I've bought this month (SR-007, and Lambda Signature) and recently returned to my LCD-2's.

Wait, stop the presses again! You mean you just bought two sets of Stax multi-thousand dollars headphones in addition to the LCD-2 you already have? Just this month? Wow, what do you people do for a living? I'm in the wrong forum.

Don't tell me, your favourite show is "Million Dollar Listings" on Foxtel.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #17,160 of 18,459

Quote:

If I was to only have one headphone I might want to try out a rev.2. But as a complement to my HD800 the rev.1 makes more sense to me, as it is more forgiving to poorly mastered recordings.

Pretty much everyone that has compared it to the rev.1 has said the rev.2 is more detailed and extended in the high end, hence more analytical.

I used to own the Rev1 and I have the HD800.
I'm not quite 100% agree with you about the complement Cans to the HD800.
The rev2 are different enough to be compliment the HD800. I've just found strange,how some people said they are alike, to my ear if you want to find HD800's similarity I think HE6 and K1000 sound 1000 times :p much more like the HD800  than the rev2.
If you plan to buy the sr009 ,it's better to keep the rev1.I've just found the rev2 go in the 009's direction more than the rev1 (I've used to compared rev1 and 009 side by side,they are so much different,actually the sr009 won in almosts all the songs I've listened to,but for some bass heavy stuffs (hip hop rnb or some urban) I prefer the rev1 to the 009).

I plan to purchase the rev1 back in the future,if there are not something like LCD3,which have the bass slam like the rev1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back