Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #15,391 of 18,459

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my unboxing video with you all.
I can't wipe the smile off my face 
smily_headphones1.gif
 and sorry about the bad lighting.

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #15,392 of 18,459
Nice one Souji. The latest LCD-2 look very clean and professionally-built.

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #15,393 of 18,459
     Quote:
Nice one Souji. The latest LCD-2 look very clean and professionally-built.

I like the Audez'e logo on the box; it makes the box look less generic than previous one.

I wonder if Souji removed the cling-film from the LCD-2 pads and edited that out of the vid. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #15,394 of 18,459

Quote:
     Quote:

I like the Audez'e logo on the box; it makes the box look less generic than previous one.

I wonder if Souji removed the cling-film from the LCD-2 pads and edited that out of the vid. 
wink_face.gif

Unfortunately, there was no cling-film on the LCD-2 pads whatsoever. Was there supposed to be some?

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #15,396 of 18,459
     Quote:
Originally Posted by Souji /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately, there was no cling-film on the LCD-2 pads whatsoever. Was there supposed to be some?

The brand new loaner pair I received a few weeks ago cam with the pads wrapped in cling film. I don't know if there was supposed to be any cling film on the newest version, which you seem to have, but the LCD-2 in you video look beautiful - I wish you health to enjoy them. 
o2smile.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #15,397 of 18,459

Quote:
I like the Norse Audio cables too. Very nice looking.

the norseaudio is very flexible, very light, gorgeous,he  sound amazing and have a fantastic q/p relationship.
the best purchase in this crazy world
and most important: trevor is a very gently person

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #15,398 of 18,459
No cling film on either rev for me. 

Quote:
     Quote:

The brand new loaner pair I received a few weeks ago cam with the pads wrapped in cling film. I don't know if there was supposed to be any cling film on the newest version, which you seem to have, but the LCD-2 in you video look beautiful - I wish you health to enjoy them. 
o2smile.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #15,400 of 18,459

I hope it was clear my - and the others' posts - were tongue in cheek
regular_smile .gif

As well, schizophrenia is entirely the wrong 'label' for what was being described; dissociative identity disorder (DID) is closer, but not right either. Anxiety about getting the best possible sound when one is in a community of audiophiles is completely normal. 

Quote:

Quote:

Most mental 'conditions,' however you label them are the result of crappy feelings that are caused by dwelling on a thought or thoughts.
Whatever you focus on increases, and the mind works by making whatever thoughts you dwell on appear real to you.
When you realise that what you think creates a feeling, and then realise that you are able to let thoughts pass, then when you notice yourself thinking about something that works you up or down, you can let go of the thinking. Ironically enough, one of the best ways I have found to let thoughts pass is by listening to music. 
wink_face.gif

It's OK to want to upgrade, and it's also OK to accept reality as it is; when you partake in the latter you experience more presence and life becomes more fulfilling.

Well said - could not agree more!!

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #15,401 of 18,459

Quote:
I hope it was clear my - and the others' posts - were tongue in cheek
regular_smile .gif

As well, schizophrenia is entirely the wrong 'label' for what was being described; dissociative identity disorder (DID) is closer, but not right either. Anxiety about getting the best possible sound when one is in a community of audiophiles is completely normal. 

Quote:
     Quote:

Most mental 'conditions,' however you label them are the result of crappy feelings that are caused by dwelling on a thought or thoughts.
Whatever you focus on increases, and the mind works by making whatever thoughts you dwell on appear real to you.
When you realise that what you think creates a feeling, and then realise that you are able to let thoughts pass, then when you notice yourself thinking about something that works you up or down, you can let go of the thinking. Ironically enough, one of the best ways I have found to let thoughts pass is by listening to music. 
wink_face.gif

It's OK to want to upgrade, and it's also OK to accept reality as it is; when you partake in the latter you experience more presence and life becomes more fulfilling.

Well said - could not agree more!!

Just doing what I can to contribute to the wellbeing of my fellow human beings (especially LCD-2-wearing ones 
wink_face.gif
 ). :)

Jul 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #15,404 of 18,459

Quote:
That's beautiful.  His web site is not completed.  

Does he offer options of wire type?  

What is the cost?

Alot of people carry black wire. All it is, is a black plastic instead of a clear cover. I dont see ALO having any cables with it, but i do know DHC does have cables with that. The wire if it were ALO or DHC would be copper, and its the same depending on what you are getting.

@leesure, how did you buy/make those wood y-splitters?

Jul 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #15,405 of 18,459

Quote:

I'm in the same boat you are.  Probably a bit worse for me.  Any weight on my head or neck seems to be a lasting problem.  I've had to give up using a 35mm reflex camera simply because I cannot use the strap on my neck to support it.  I'm trying to find ways to deal with the weight and the pain but not making much progress.  In the end I'm not sure what I might have to do. I'm trying to avoid thinking about it.

Same here; neck problems. I have my bad days and my good days. On good days LCD-2 with the foam headband is useable for 1-2 hours, on bad days I have to use the T1 or Ed.8

If the pain gets too much, there's simply one thing to do for me: lying down.
I do still have to get a good relaxing chair.

LCD-2 give me less neck problems then HE-500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back