Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #15,226 of 18,459
    Quote:
Just for curiosity's sake, when I ordered the LCD-2 2 weeks ago, the order was numbered 1xx (between 100 and 199). Does that number represent something. I doubt they sold less than 200 pair of LCD-2s.

They just implemented a new order tracking system so the numbers are low.  I imagine there are more than 200 LCD-2 owners that have posted on this thread alone.  Considering I and some others have two pairs, it's a pretty safe bet more than 200 have been sold.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #15,227 of 18,459
And of course this number would not capture sales by retailers like Headroom, ALO, etc.

Quote:
    Quote:
They just implemented a new order tracking system so the numbers are low.  I imagine there are more than 200 LCD-2 owners that have posted on this thread alone.  Considering I and some others have two pairs, it's a pretty safe bet more than 200 have been sold.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #15,228 of 18,459
Based on a quick Trentemoeller comparison of Rev1 and the T1 i'd say that the base is not bloated on Rev1. At least not more than the recording asks for.
However the superb soundstage of the T1 compared to the LCD shows on that kind of music. In my opinion:)

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #15,229 of 18,459
On my phones the leather pads started showing warting shortly after using them. They are blistering under the finish. It is frustrating as pads haven't held up too well. 

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #15,230 of 18,459

Quote:
On my phones the leather pads started showing warting shortly after using them. They are blistering under the finish. It is frustrating as pads haven't held up too well. 

that's odd.  Does it look like water damage or maybe previous imperfections in the leather itself?

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #15,232 of 18,459
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed these two new additions to the Accessories page?
http://www.audeze.com/lcd-2-leather-headband-yoke & http://www.audeze.com/plastic-blocks.

I saw the headband and the yoke, but hadn't seen the plastic blocks. 

The ADZ-5 cable seems a fairly recent addition too; has anyone tried it in comparison to the older cable yet?

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #15,233 of 18,459
The cable's been there for a while (months), and has been shipped with the LCD-2 for a while.

I purchased my LCD-2 in mid-May and have the ADZ-5 cable.  For those who don't know, if you look very closely, you can see that "ADZ5-4C20AWG" is printed on the cable.

Quote:

I saw the headband and the yoke, but hadn't seen the plastic blocks. 

The ADZ-5 cable seems a fairly recent addition too; has anyone tried it in comparison to the older cable yet?

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #15,237 of 18,459

Quote:
The more I listen to the r.2 the more I like them. In fact I'm listening to them now more than speakers.  

I can't deny that R2 is fascinating in it's own way and never ceases to amaze me during it's time with me. Perhaps I'll get a R2 when I have enough funds in the future. Meanwhile I'm more interested in getting a single-ended pentode tube cd receiver  
o2smile.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #15,238 of 18,459
I have returned from ireland. And my rev2 were waiting for me. :D
Too early to say anything meaningful. But i will say they sound more like my classic lcd2 than not.....

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #15,239 of 18,459

Quote:
that's odd.  Does it look like water damage or maybe previous imperfections in the leather itself?

No, not previous imperfections but most likely the finish. Some tanners will finish with a synthetic, like a plastic coating, as it covers imperfections and makes for an even finish. I prefer a dyed leather but it shows more. I used to work in high end leather manufacture of custom boots, purses and so on and the fake finish was something we did not use due to appearance and the way it holds up. I have leather earpads on my Ultrasone Ed. 9 and they have 1000's of hours of use with no ill signs. 

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #15,240 of 18,459

Quote:
Pretty impressive for someone that was considering hanging up his headphones not long ago...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I'm as surprised as anyone.  I'll play something on the speakers and then I'll think how does that sound on the r.2's and they just stay on my head.  Now as long as the arthritis in my neck doesn't act up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back