Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #15,016 of 18,459
    Quote:

Actually for me, two more for sentimental reasons:

"Long Distance Voyager" and "The Present".  But WarriorAnt is right about the rest (although I do have all the newer ones for completeness sake
wink_face.gif
)

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dr. Livingston, I presume?

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #15,017 of 18,459
Ok. I will try to burn my rev.2 in first. If it doesn't get smoother, then I can get rid of it without regrets. Let's see what's happening. since I do love rev.2 for certain genres although I find rev.1 is more versatile that can absolutely handle whatever song u throw to them and to make it sound smoother, more creamy and emotional.

So one thing i know is rev.1 is staying forever since it will become much less collectable.

wow! I am on PAGE 1002!!! 10 pages per day...

Quote:
But seriously, as much as I'd recommend not being too hasty getting rid of your rev1's, I'd recommend the opposite too. Don't give up on rev2 and until you've had a real chance to hear what it can do.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #15,018 of 18,459

Quote:
I've been burning them in for some time now pretty much day and night and they have gotten smoother. People can believe it or not. For those who don't nothing is going to change their minds.   Anyone taking the r.2 right out of the box and then judging their sound that quickly should give then an extensive burn in and then reevaluate.  

I couldn't agree with you more..The difference between my new rev.2 just new out of the box and now after 250 hours is substantial. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #15,019 of 18,459
Anybody want to sell there r1 drivers but keep the headband bracket?

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #15,020 of 18,459
I'm still enjoying the LCD-2 r.1 loaner pair that I have and and most probably going to buy the LCD-2 r.2 at the end of the month, as I'd quite like the LCD-2 response to be quicker in the bass and with more forward mids and treble extension/clarity.

I have a brief question - comparing the LCD-2 r.1 I currently have to the Sennheiser HD 650, it is clear that the HD 650 is slightly more forward, notably with more 'bite' in the mids. Does anyone here know how the LCD-2 r.2 compares to the HD 650?

Also, to assist the LCD-2 purchase, I'm probably going to sell both the Sennheiser HD 600 and the HD 650 that I have. Does anyone think that it may be worth keeping either of the Senns instead of selling them both?

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #15,021 of 18,459
Enjoying Norah Jones's album "Come away with me" right now God...I really cant resist how smooth, creamy and beautiful her "breathe - vocal" sounds in rev.1. ..
beyersmile.png
.Dun think rev.2 will ever sound like this no matter how long I burn in (I mean brain burning in. cuz I still think headphone burning in is a myth)..

I know. Pac goes soft for a moment 
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #15,022 of 18,459

Quote:
Enjoying Norah Jones's album "Come away with me" right now God...I really cant resist how smooth, creamy and beautiful her "breathe - vocal" sounds in rev.1. ..
beyersmile.png
.Dun think rev.2 will ever sound like this no matter how long I burn in..

tongue.gif

Haha, nice.

1002 pages... I'm proud of you guys!

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #15,023 of 18,459
I couldnt stand some of the songs on that album with the rev1. To in my face to be enjoyable.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #15,024 of 18,459
Quote:
beyersmile.png
.Dun think rev.2 will ever sound like this no matter how long I burn in (I mean brain burning in. cuz I still think headphone burning in is a myth)..

tongue.gif

If you love the r.1 then that's the can for you.   Love IS Love.  No other headphone is ever going to come along and change that.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #15,025 of 18,459

Quote:
If you love the r.1 then that's the can for you.   Love IS Love.  No other headphone is ever going to come along and change that.

Rational and succinct statement that wonderfully sums up a completely subjective and ambiguous subject. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #15,026 of 18,459
Quote:
I'm still enjoying the LCD-2 r.1 loaner pair that I have and and most probably going to buy the LCD-2 r.2 at the end of the month, as I'd quite like the LCD-2 response to be quicker in the bass and with more forward mids and treble extension/clarity.

I have a brief question - comparing the LCD-2 r.1 I currently have to the Sennheiser HD 650, it is clear that the HD 650 is slightly more forward, notably with more 'bite' in the mids. Does anyone here know how the LCD-2 r.2 compares to the HD 650?

Also, to assist the LCD-2 purchase, I'm probably going to sell both the Sennheiser HD 600 and the HD 650 that I have. Does anyone think that it may be worth keeping either of the Senns instead of selling them both?

I can't see you picking up the 600/650s in favour of the LCD-2s for any type of music, they are fantastic all-rounders.

Quote:
beyersmile.png

tongue.gif

I particularly like Shoot the Moon on that album :¬)

Enjoying Shpongle atm!

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #15,027 of 18,459
yep I guess so.

actually IMO that change in rev.2 lost some of the famous character of original LCD 2 which leads to part of its success. Again pure my opinion, so I sort of agree on u now abt "they should name that LCD 3 or something."

As long as everybody enjoy their cans, things are good! 
gs1000.gif

For me I think I will settle down with rev.1 with no regret and return rev.2 back if no one in the sale section wants mine in the following 3 to 4 days (since I dun believe in headphone burn in rather than brain burn in, also rev.2 will never sound exactly the same as rev.1).

Again I am just representing me. ^^ let's relax and enjoy our music^^

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #15,028 of 18,459
Quote:
I can't see you picking up the 600/650s in favour of the LCD-2s for any type of music, they are fantastic all-rounders.

Fair point - since receiving the loaner LCD-2 and being in my room at my computer, I haven't wanted to listen to music with any headphone other the LCD-2, except to compare how different headphones sound. But that's listening to headphones, not music. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #15,029 of 18,459
Another factor would be the pads on the rev2. most of the rev1 have ample time for there pads to compress some which makes the mids more intimate. Most of these rev2 have had very little head time so the pads havent compresses any allowing the stage to be larger adn the mids more distant.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #15,030 of 18,459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back