Jun 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #12,617 of 18,459
i like it.
adelante caballero!!!
deadhorse.gif

aldo

Quote:

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #12,619 of 18,459
driver failure ---

Noooooo! The left driver in my LCD-2's seems to have died. I tried both stock and ALO cables. Went thru both the D1 headphone amp and thru my sr-7A amp. No sound on the left.

Checked same with my HD650's, all connections were fine. 

I sent an email to support. I guess I can expect to wait a long time for them to fix them? They're not even 3 weeks old.

Sad, sad day. 

Should I just return them and buy new? They can't charge a restock fee for defective merchandise, can they? Bought directly from Audeze by the way .

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #12,621 of 18,459
Hey KevinWolff,

It's disconcerting, to be sure, but the good news is that several people have preceded you in reporting the problem and Audez'e has addressed the issue and beefed up their quality control.  Better still, several Head-Fi members have reported that Audez'e will ship you some new LCD-2s without waiting for your bad pair to reach them, first.   So, having sent them an e-mail, just wait and follow the instructions in their reply.  They seem to be taking very good care of their customers.

Mike 

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #12,622 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks for he help. That would seem to work just fine. Now i just need to find a hat like that...

On a more serious note, I was thinking of using something like Woolite on the headband foam, having removed the transducers, of course.  I think it's gentle enough a detergent, but I'm concerned about getting it thoroughly dried afterwards, to discourage oxidation of the metal.  

To avoid using water, I was also thinking about using a trick I've heard for dry-cleaning dogs with oily coats - rubbing it with unflavored, unsweetened, instant oatmeal (uncooked, of course).   Oatmeal is apparently good at extracting oils, it's hypoalergenic, completely natural, relatively odorless, and can be vacuumed out after rubbing it in.

Somebody please try the oatmeal dry-cleaning and let me know how it works, OK? 
popcorn.gif
   (Proceed at your own risk.)

Mike

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #12,623 of 18,459
Ok, thanks. I'm calm now. I guess I can spend a few days withe the hd650's....Oh, man, it's hard to go back. Maybe i'll just catch up on some audiobooks. 
frown.gif

Quote:
Hey KevinWolff,

It's disconcerting, to be sure, but the good news is that several people have preceded you in reporting the problem and Audez'e has addressed the issue and beefed up their quality control.  Better still, several Head-Fi members have reported that Audez'e will ship you some new LCD-2s without waiting for your bad pair to reach them, first.   So, having sent them an e-mail, just wait and follow the instructions in their reply.  They seem to be taking very good care of their customers.

Mike 

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #12,624 of 18,459
Hello Warrior Ant-

Looks like you're really up against it when it comes to speakers in the room. Two possible aids, neither cheap. Digital signal processing has come a long way and might (repeat might, so audition before writing the check) help. And some speakers are designed to keep room interactions to a minimum (very much unlike Maggies.) Robert E. Green (long-time writer for The Absolute Sound) covers both issues on his website - regonaudio.com.

I can't imagine living without either speakers or phones. Different horses for different courses.

Best of Luck.

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #12,625 of 18,459
Quote:
How can i???
biggrin.gif

LOL. Soap your head regularly then 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I can't imagine living without either speakers or phones. Different horses for different courses.

Best of Luck.

Same here. Speakers provide a different experience that can't be replicated by headphones while headphones have a more intimate feeling to the music. It would be tough to live without either one. 

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #12,627 of 18,459
Agreed. I hate repacking anything. They emailed a prepaid fedex 2-day [:frowning2:] about an hour ago. I already sent them out.

They said they will send new ones as soon as the get the old ones.[double :frowning2: ]

I asked if I could pay to get new ones shipped in time to receive tomorrow or saturday and get credited back when they confirm receipt. Still waiting on their reply. 2 days there is Monday, Assuming  2-3 days back that's wednesday, possibly even thursday. That's gonna hurt. 

Quote:
I wouldn't pay a dime for the shipping back. Ask Audeze to pay you. It is enough effort to even handle this stuff.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #12,629 of 18,459
Is there a plausible common root cause for triggering these driver problems? E.g. using aftermarket cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back