Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #10,206 of 18,459
I ordered Jan. 4 and got mine on Monday.  I am starting to wonder if I will ever listen to my HD650s again.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #10,209 of 18,459

Quote:
The DACport outputs 1.5w as stated on the site, so it'll pretty much drive any modern headphones, save the HE-6s.

I can tell you from personal experience that theDacPort's drive capability for the LCD-2 is marginal, but even at that, it's not by any stretch, bad.  Don't confuse the DacPort with the DacMini.  The DacPort is perfectly portable and USB bus powered, whereas the DacMini has its own AC power supply.

http://www.centrance.com/products/dacport/

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #10,210 of 18,459
Yeah, I ordered January 25th and haven't heard anything. Can't be terribly far off though.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #10,211 of 18,459

Quote:
I can tell you from personal experience that theDacPort's drive capability for the LCD-2 is marginal, but even at that, it's not by any stretch, bad.  Don't confuse the DacPort with the DacMini.  The DacPort is perfectly portable and USB bus powered, whereas the DacMini has its own AC power supply.

http://www.centrance.com/products/dacport/

Notice it says 1.5W (total), drives 600 Ohms headphones at "Output Power"

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #10,212 of 18,459

Quote:
Thought I might write a quick lineage to help perspective buyers with current wait times.

1. called and received conformation email Feb 17
2. received payment email March 9
3. payed $945 + $22(standard 3-5days) shipping on March 11
4. Fedex delivered headphones March 16

So little under a month from start to finish. Probably would have gotten them a couple days earlier if i kept a closer eye on my email.

Congrats I suppose but I don't get how this happened for you.  Everyone of us has been waiting for several months, not just one month.

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #10,213 of 18,459

Quote:

Your point is?  I speak from experience, not reading a spec sheet.
Before you get carried away, remember I am not making a negative comment about the DacPort.  It is an incredible product with phenomenal performance, it just isn't the last word in output power for headamps.

Here's a quote from Centrance themselves:

Quote:
- DACmini is a wall-powered product for use in a home or office. External power allows us to increase internal analog rails to +/-15V, achieving higher output level, lower noise, lower distortion, and robust immunity from ground loops and interference. Overall, DACmini sounds better and even louder than DACport.

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #10,214 of 18,459
Got my confirmation mail the 24. of january. Still no word from Audeze. :-\

Quote:
Thought I might write a quick lineage to help perspective buyers with current wait times.

1. called and received conformation email Feb 17

So little under a month from start to finish. Probably would have gotten them a couple days earlier if i kept a closer eye on my email.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #10,215 of 18,459

Quote:

OK, but that's meaningless at 50ohms if there isn't enough current available.  You're probably getting significantly lower output at 50ohms as I don't think the USB power is going to provide much current in demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back