Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Mar 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #10,021 of 18,459
I received the auto response on January 18th, so I'm currently on my 7th week and still haven't received my notice (I would have never thought I would have actually been able to wait semi-patiently for 49 days!). Fingers crossed for sometime next week, with the 15th being the 2 month mark!

Quote:
Have any January orders been filled yet?

I'm at the start of my 6th week on the wait list so I imagine I've got several more to go.

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #10,023 of 18,459

Quote:
I received the auto response on January 18th, so I'm currently on my 7th week and still haven't received my notice (I would have never thought I would have actually been able to wait semi-patiently for 49 days!). Fingers crossed for sometime next week, with the 15th being the 2 month mark!

Haha. I've been a bit surprised by my patience too. Even so I go from wanting these cans so bad I can't stand it, to wondering if they are worth it. When the latter happens I just come to this thread and fix that. Although I must admit, I'm still apprehensive. 

Hopefully a nice big batch gets done in the next week and takes care of most of the late December and January orders.

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #10,024 of 18,459

Quote:
phew. i thought i read it in this thread somewhere because im also  having some reverb issues with my portable setup and its very annoying.  thanks for the response!

I have found that this common complaint with the LCD2 IME, I have experienced this "reverb" and complained about "resonance" in the mids a long time ago.  I feel that I was able to isolate the source of my complaints.  Firstly I found that cheaper sources like the Dacmagic and Ipod for whatever reason sounded very resonant with the LCD2, but not with other dacs that I had on hand.

The second factor, and I think this is the biggest culprit, is the recording itself.  As an example, one Common CD is Eric Claptons "Chronicles" album.  The track "Tears in Heaven" is infested with severe midrange resonances, whilst on the same album "Layla" sounds very stable and well damped.

I think its the nature of the Beast to expose these flaws in the mids, as this is where the LCD2 puts a microscope to.  Whereas on the HD800, I could still hear the resonance in the mids with these poorly recorded tracks, but it was no where near as severe, because for me, the treble tilt on the HD800 took my attention away from the low mids and the treble competed with my attention span for attention.

I would be interested for others to listen to the Eric Clapton album and to share their experiences and see if it matches mine.  There are many other tracks I found that are resonant with the LCD2s but I think Eric Clapton is very well known.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #10,025 of 18,459
For all of you keeping track of wait list times, I preordered on Dec. 31 and just got my order page link today.  Woot, woot!  just a few more days now.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #10,026 of 18,459
Congrats.

If they are just finishing December then it looks like the wait time has now gone over two months :S

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #10,028 of 18,459
Pre-order January 4th and order link received today.

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #10,030 of 18,459

Quote:
I have found that this common complaint with the LCD2 IME, I have experienced this "reverb" and complained about "resonance" in the mids a long time ago.  I feel that I was able to isolate the source of my complaints.  Firstly I found that cheaper sources like the Dacmagic and Ipod for whatever reason sounded very resonant with the LCD2, but not with other dacs that I had on hand.

The second factor, and I think this is the biggest culprit, is the recording itself.  As an example, one Common CD is Eric Claptons "Chronicles" album.  The track "Tears in Heaven" is infested with severe midrange resonances, whilst on the same album "Layla" sounds very stable and well damped.

I think its the nature of the Beast to expose these flaws in the mids, as this is where the LCD2 puts a microscope to.  Whereas on the HD800, I could still hear the resonance in the mids with these poorly recorded tracks, but it was no where near as severe, because for me, the treble tilt on the HD800 took my attention away from the low mids and the treble competed with my attention span for attention.

I would be interested for others to listen to the Eric Clapton album and to share their experiences and see if it matches mine.  There are many other tracks I found that are resonant with the LCD2s but I think Eric Clapton is very well known.

I find this fascinating that some people have trouble realizing where a particular sonic artifact is coming from, source or headphone.  But your post just helped me see that there are actually people who hear fantastic quality from one song and then hear weird artifacts from another song and it never seems to dawn on them the artifact goes with the song and not the headphone.  It has always seemed obvious to me that with properly recorded and produced material a good headphone should sound good and reveal all of the attributes, both good and bad in a recording.  This is quite different than a headphone that favors certain genres or sounds in a recording.  Thanks for your post!

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #10,031 of 18,459

Quote:
Just got my link today as well. Pre ordered Jan. 8.

Sweet, thanks for the update.I'm 3 days away
atsmile.gif
, hopefully I'll get into this batch.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #10,034 of 18,459
Good to hear, hope you all enjoy them.

Fingers crossed that I''m in the next batch

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #10,035 of 18,459

Quote:

This is really a helpful post.
I wish I had the Chronicles CD.  I've got a few CD's from Clapton but not Chronicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back