Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jan 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #8,672 of 18,459
On my setup with the Norse cable (which I have not yet fully evaluated) - xcanv3 tube hybrid amplifier (with the little pinkie psu) - DPA rennaisance DX16 dac - optical to computer, treble is now perfect to my ears.

Quote:
I hate the stock cable, too bulky and stiff. I decided to go with Silver Dragon instead of Norse Audio because I want to see if the silver call bring out the treble a little more and probably a better match for my tube amp.

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #8,673 of 18,459
I think it maybe me keep comparing it to HD800. TBH, I hate the LCD-2 at hour 0, once I get used to the sound signature, I starting to like it. After hour 5 and on, loving the liquid mids it produce but still think the treble is slightly off. It may have to do with the tubes I'm using, I will swap out the TS5998 with GEC6080 and maybe swap the TS6F8G with Treasures.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #8,675 of 18,459
Has anyone had issues with the headband's adjustment mechanisms on each side? I always have to re-adjust them as they are always moving around too much. This happens mostly when I put them back on my head, which is often since I take them on and off a good amount. They seem to slide up too easily.. I notice there's some screw there, perhaps i'll try to tighten that up and see. 

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #8,676 of 18,459

Quote:
Has anyone had issues with the headband's adjustment mechanisms on each side? I always have to re-adjust them as they are always moving around too much. This happens mostly when I put them back on my head, which is often since I take them on and off a good amount. They seem to slide up too easily.. I notice there's some screw there, perhaps i'll try to tighten that up and see. 

Yes! That will fix this issue. Audez'e could put this in the manual.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #8,677 of 18,459
I've tightened mine as much as I could with a jeweler's screwdriver and one side still slips up, I think I need to dig out my gunsmith screwdrivers and give it another try.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #8,678 of 18,459
That doesn't sound right at all. Broken, maybe? You shouldn't have to use force at all.

Quote:
I've tightened mine as much as I could with a jeweler's screwdriver and one side still slips up, I think I need to dig out my gunsmith screwdrivers and give it another try.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #8,679 of 18,459

Quote:
That doesn't sound right at all. Broken, maybe? You shouldn't have to use force at all.

Quote:

I don't think so, I just got them a few weeks ago with the new aluminum blocks. Thery did tighten up bit one side more so than the other, and the one that didn't "lock down" is the one that is now slipping. Are there internal screws in the blocks that could affect this?

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #8,680 of 18,459
Mine are also always loosening up and don't stay where I adjust them.  This is fairly common for headphones, but for some reason it is more annoying with the LCD-2.  Maybe just because of it's size and weight.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #8,681 of 18,459
On the topic of the loose headphone parts: the strangest thing happened. After I installed the aluminum blocks (myself) - that all went smoothly - I noticed the left-side was slipping periodically from where I'd set it, normally at the most inopportune times. Lost in the music and then - thunk. It was annoying. But recently I noticed my LCD2s weren't doing that any more. I set it once a few weeks ago and haven't needed to reset them since. Food for thought.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #8,682 of 18,459

Quote:
On the topic of the loose headphone parts: the strangest thing happened. After I installed the aluminum blocks (myself) - that all went smoothly - I noticed the left-side was slipping periodically from where I'd set it, normally at the most inopportune times. Lost in the music and then - thunk. It was annoying. But recently I noticed my LCD2s weren't doing that any more. I set it once a few weeks ago and haven't needed to reset them since. Food for thought.

On my pair there are two set screws on each block, one sets into the "flat" of the yoke pin, the other sets the tension on the adjustment detent spring.  Have you adjusted yours optimally?

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #8,685 of 18,459

Quote:
Sorry for jumping in the post but may I ask if anyone has compared the cables of LCD2 by Moon Audio and ALO?

Thanks~!

Moon audio was lighter than stock, ALO was heavier than stock. Moon audio also had no microphonics IIRC (new stock ones don't either from my experienfce).

That's about it in terms of difference... oh! and price is quite different from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back